What did you do for your 21st birthday?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Panda

Reaction score
Think back to your 21st birthday, what did you do that day?

(if you've turned 21 already that is, obviously)

Mine was crap xD. I seriously couldn't wait for the day to come and pass, dreading the next one. Was anyone else's as rubbish as mine? xD

soph x

Mine was just a day to get through. Would just as well have skipped it.

Hey Soph, sorry to hear your 21st wasn't good :(

My 21st was in 2005. I spent mine in London with bf.
First time I went on the London Eye, was nice.
Can't quite remember what else we did...
We had a meal somewhere, it was either mediocre or good :-S

I hope your 22nd will be nice.

All I did that day was go to class and to the gym. I spent the evening alone in my dorm.

Yes, recently turned 21. My father lied to his friend about what I did for my 21st birthday, he probably didn't want to admit that I spent it alone. I went to uni in the morning, sat through a boring typography lecture, went home and spent the night watching films and going online. To me it was just another day, I hate birthdays, it's all so fake with the cards and the gifts that noone really cares much about.

Everyone makes a big deal about turning 21, it was the same when i turned 18. I dreaded those two the most because of it. I don't see it as a reason to even celebrate, who likes getting older? x

Panda said:
Yes, recently turned 21. My father lied to his friend about what I did for my 21st birthday, he probably didn't want to admit that I spent it alone. I went to uni in the morning, sat through a boring typography lecture, went home and spent the night watching films and going online. To me it was just another day, I hate birthdays, it's all so fake with the cards and the gifts that noone really cares much about.

Everyone makes a big deal about turning 21, it was the same when i turned 18. I dreaded those two the most because of it. I don't see it as a reason to even celebrate, who likes getting older? x

Well Happy Birthday Panda, you have staved off being eaten by a Saber toothed tiger or being struck down by a stray bullet for another year.

Happy 21st.

I went up to my parents' house for some cake, but other than that I guess I made a point to do nothing. I didn't wanna go drinking, so I didn't, despite my coworkers nagging me the entire day (going so far as to threaten kidnapping :rolleyes:)

I don't remember the details. It must have been about as uneventful as most of my birthdays have been since mid-teens.

i spent my 21 birthday on lonelylife. i forgot what i did really, but i got really shroomed out.

I went to a club and got drunk with my "best friends," who left me in a hotel room with a guy I didn't like. Thank goodness nothing bad happened to me. It was pretty bad.

I honestly can't remember. Which probably means that I didn't do anything in particular. But that said, in my country the legal age of becoming an adult is 18, not 21, so it isn't special or anything. Possibly I invited my best friend for tea and cake or something, as that was when I still had a best friend. But not sure about that, I just forgot.

i remember my 21st- in that i didnt know it was my birthday until my ex (then gf) called me to tell me happy birthday : /

i was really bothered that entire night wondoring how and why i forgot my own birthday -.-

my 21st birthday, I stayed at home and sleep. Weirdly though, my 21st birthday was one of the saddest birthday i had.

Oh anywayz, panda....happy birthday =) 21st is a nice new age. Treasure it =)

That was so long ago, let's see, I woke up in my cave and went to gather some fruit and nuts, tried to walk upright for a while and then had to hide from a Tyrantosaurus.

I feel so old that I sometimes think I could be the "missing link".:p

Actually, I was on a training mission in Alpena Michigan, not a great place to be in January but better than where I'll be this January.

I hear the Afghanistan mountains are a bit chilly that time of year.:(

My 21st was bad coz I was studying in a City and it was quite far from my hometown:(. I never had any friends there at that time so I stayed home, watching movies unlike my previous birthdays where we (me and my frnds) end up in pubs or discotheques.

But my 22nd bday was the worst and sickest. I was in hospital coz of Typhoid and I didnt even realize it was my birthday. Nobody did till I recievd a call from my friend.

I'll probably do what I do for all of my birthdays, stay at home and do nothing. Maybe watch a movie or two :)

Yeah I stayed at home and did nothing. May have gone out with my parents for a pub meal in the afternoon, but nothing unique or exciting. **** depressing things are birthdays.

I went over to a friends house where we rented the good, the bad, and the ugly, got a couple of cases of beer, and got drunk. I used to have a lot of friends back then. Now a days they come and go without much fanfare.

Latest posts

Back