"Allow myself to introduce... myself!"

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LonelyDragon

Reaction score
Hello everybody. My name is Larry.

I'm a middle-aged guy now living in a small town in North Dakota. I moved here to be with a woman I had met online. This is actually the 2nd time I've done that, having previously moved from DFW TX to northern NH for the same reason and having that relationship fall apart. Now I find myself in a similar situation.

The first time I jumped in too fast. She was quite a bit older than me and right out of a bad divorce. This time we are almost the same age, and we met in person a couple times. But now I find that things are strained between us. I still love her to death, but it's pretty one sided. So now I find myself feeling very lonely even though I'm still with her. For that matter I feel that way even when I'm in the same room with her. Often even more so.:(

Now I'm not looking for advice. I know what I should do. I just can't bring myself to do it. As it is I'm just taking the good days when they come no matter how scarce they tend to be. But having made 2 moves of 2,000 miles each within a few years time means I had to leave the people I knew behind. They have all turned their backs on me. So I find myself all alone here in a small town. I've always found it hard to make friends (much less meet women) in real life. I have a few people I talk to at work. But none outside of there. Unfortunately even if I were more outgoing, there just aren't really any places other than bars to meet people here.

Hey Larry welcome to the forum,

i really like your avitar it's super cute

:D

Hi Larry!
I totally understand what you mean about meeting people in small towns if you didn't grow up there. I just moved to this small town in northern Idaho a few years ago and aside from work or volunteering at a couple of places, there's -no way- to meet people really aside from bars. It's pretty sad really.

hey larry. thats a nice sig you got. small towns actually kinda scare me a lil bit, cuz theyre small and the socializing problems that can happen. im sorry hwo youre feeling man

Welcome to the party. There's punch and cookies in the back. Help yourself.

(By the way, I currently live in the DFW area... You're not missing much as far as I am concerned)

hi friend
welocome to this forum
i also new to this forum
i can experiance ur feeling
but i know how the terrible being live lonely
i also having few girly to talk infact none
i just broke my relationship with girl who just say no to me
its just shattered my life
i just stop contact with her
now i dont have any girl friend to talk with them
though i have many male friends
buts the feeling with having no girlfriends is terrible

Thanks for the welcome everyone. I feel more at home here than I do at the forum I run myself.

Santosh, I'm sorry to hear about your breakup. I know how hard that is.

Antihero, what area of DFW are you in? I lived a majority of my life in the north eastern part moving between N Dallas, Richardson, Plano and a few other areas out there.

Heyy Sup Larry *five*

Welcome

Your sig will only be enabled once in a page. To your second post I guess you need to enable it by ticking "signature"

oops my bad. Ticking that wont help. There will only be one signature for each person per page:p

Sorry to hear about the relationships Larry. Bar is really an awesome place to meet new friends. Tell me where do you like the most? Dellas, Texas or Hampshire (auuming you are in New Hampshire now)?

Sanal said:
Heyy Sup Larry *five*

Welcome

Your sig will only be enabled once in a page. To your second post I guess you need to enable it by ticking "signature"

Ok, thanks. That's different than the other forums I've been to.

Sanal said:
Sorry to hear about the relationships Larry. Bar is really an awesome place to meet new friends. Tell me where do you like the most? Dellas, Texas or Hampshire (auuming you are in New Hampshire now)?

Thanks. But bars? I only drink a little bit now-a-days and don't look at making friends with people who still spend a lot of times in bars. When I do go I usually tend to sit at the bar and nurse a drink or 2 for a couple hours.

Dallas is actually in Texas. Some people refer to it as DFW (Dallas/Ft Worth) because it's grown together with each other and about 40 smaller towns/cities. It's such a cluster that you can cross a street and not even realize you've crossed a city line. About the only thing I really miss back there is one particular friend (she was my first love and the only person to stay in touch after I moved) and the availability of old, rust free cars. Hated the crowds and the excessive heat and humidity.

New Hampshire was beautiful. The mountains in the fall are stunning. But everything gets really hard in the winter.

I'm in North Dakota now. Large expanses of nothing with lots of wind. The winters here are almost as bad. No mountain roads to worry about, but they don't know how to deal with the driving conditions here as well as NH.

So all in all I'd say of the 3 places I'd have to choose none of the above. If I had my choice I'd check out San Diego (but I know the cost there is pretty staggering) or some place in Nevada. Not Las Vegas, but some place less commercial.

Yes I think youre right about the bars but sometimes you get really nice friends from there. Just not bars I meant pubs and discotheques. But then again I dont know much about US coz Ive never been there. Oh sorry I didnt know dallas was part of texas. Sounds like a pretty small place. I dont know much about Nevada other than Vegas but guess its a kool place:D.

Well, I guess some little bars (what I think you would consider a pub) would be an ok place to meet people. We just don't have anything that fots in that category here. And no dance clubs unless you go to Fargo (about an hour from here).

One thing I never thought I'd ever hear anyone say about Dallas is that it sounds small. lol I think I may have given the wrong impression there. The DFW metroplex covers about 9,250 square miles (about 24,000 square km). That's virtually the same size as the state of New Hampshire, where I moved to from there. Except in Dallas there's not much that isn't built up. LoL DFW has a population of over 6,000,000 people while New Hampshire has less then 1,500,000 in the entire state.

And there I was pretty much alone in that. :(

Latest posts

Back