Haven't had any friends for over 10yrs

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bluerose

Reaction score
I haven't had any friends over 10yrs since my last friends betrayed me. I get real bitter whenever I see a group of friends laughing & talking so I go elsewhere to be by myself. I don't know how to make new friends. I'm not very good at making conversation & I hate going places by myself. I don't think I can go on like this, I'll have to find a way to put myself out of my mysery..
crying-1.gif

*hugs Bluerose passionately*

I promise you, that if I lived in New York, I would be your friend. We'd go out in the mornings and have coffee together, then go for long walks through the park. Then we'd go home and watch some movies and just talk. We'd be friends.

I'm not good at starting conversations on my own initiative either, and don't often go anywhere by myself.

*gives blueorse big hugs*

*HUGS*

i know what you mean i can't stand when other people are being loud and just being stupid, with their high pitched "OMGS" ans "squeals"

(though i admit i do alot of those online)

ya the conversation is very hard and the worst part is that friendships are very intangeble, they don't really have any structure or basis for commitment. When your looking for a boyfriend or something you ask "will you go out with me" and you are the girlfriend and they are the boyfriend. And you know you are their girlfriend. Friendships are differnt all it really takes is for one of them to decide, i don't need you there are plenty of other people i can hang out or talk with. You're a bore you bother me. And they never have to say it to you, they can just walk out, without a single word. lol i've been thinking when i get college bext year i'm going to make people sign a contract if they ever want to hang out with me

"here we've got your basic one or two year plans, then we've also got the longer 4 and 5 year plans"

just sign here, intial here. Thankyou you will now be my friend for the next 4 years, and you are now obligated to hang out with me once a week, and i am the only one that will be able to terminate the contract.

hmm ya doesn't that just make me seem so warm and inviting. Just people often will often think i'm alright and talk with me when they first meet me, but then get bored with me after a month or two

But you can't let others decide for you whether your life is worth living or not.
Lifes a ***** but spit in her face, don't let her break you down.
You can still live a good life. For the past year i've been going to movies and bookstores and other places by myself. People there won't judge you or notice if you're there by yourself. Just because you don't have someone doesn't mean if you have to miss a movie you want to see. Or have a good evening with a novel and warm cup of cocco.

Please don't cry, here use a fluffy kitty to dry your eyes

:D

cute%20kitties.jpg

cute-kitties.jpg

things will be alright

:D

((((((((((((((((Bluerose)))))))))))))))))))
I'm sorry you are hurting right now. It sucks not having friends.
I don't have any I see on a regular basis. My family lives two states away. I have one friend from nursing school but, we don't talk much and we have only been out a couple of times. It gets lonely.

I do have interactions with people in everyday life that I enjoy. It makes me happy even if we aren't "friends." I have wonderful friends online, some of them I have the privaledge of calling on the phone. I also volunteer and I have met people that way. People who volunteer are some of the nicest people :)

I don't know if you have considered any of these ways of meeting people. I thought I would just put that out there. I hope you get to feeling better.

You are pretty much experienced in life than me. My opinions would definitely sound stupid to you as I have not gone through any situations, like anyone else in this forum, to get to know life:). All I can say is that I will be your online friend as long as I exist:). ..and if I ever come to US, then I will definitely come to meet you:)

Bluerose said:
I don't know how to make new friends. I'm not very good at making conversation & I hate going places by myself. I don't think I can go on like this, I'll have to find a way to put myself out of my mysery..
crying-1.gif

There are quite a few people here that have trouble making friends. Some of us just have trouble keeping them... :)

I guess my point is that you're in the right place. There are a lot of people here that understand...including me, if that means anything.

You've got a good start here with the replies to this message. Online friends are often better than real life friends. We don't show up at your front door unexpectedly and ask for money.

Speaking of which...can I borrow some money? ;)

I am sorry that you are feeling so down. Making friends is one of those things that most people seem to naturally know how to do but it is totally alien to me. Conversation? I am lucky when i can string three words together and when i manage i'm sure they sound rather idiotic. Lets see, this is Tuesday and the last time i saw a human was when i went grocery shopping Friday night. I am familiar with loneliness and i am sorry that you are also. When it is long term it can be harmful to our well being. I wish there was something that i could say or do that would make you feel better even for a little while but that is beyond my ability. You can see from the responses above that people do care.

I am in the same boat you are too. All the friends I thought I had turned theie backs on me. I've decided that they weren't real friends then if they couldn't understand that I needed to do certain things that they didn't agree with to try and find my place. Now it's been almost as long for me as it has for you. I also have a hard time striking up a conversation with someone I don't know and hate going places alone. It's made me miss out on a lot of things I would have otherwise enjoyed. But as the rest have said, you do have friends right here. And I'm here in The States. There's just a few lakes in between us. (and I hear they're pretty "Great". LoL)

I hate to see you feeling like this. I definitely know the hurt and the feelings that you are expressing. I would ask that you use this place to get things off your chest rather than let them cause you to do anything that can't be undone. If you'd rather not use the public forum, then feel free to e-mail me. I'm online pretty much every day and love to chat through e-mail.

hi Bluerose
dont worry friend
we are here na
dont feel ur lonely
i can be ur friend
i know how terrible the feeling when friend bitray you when ur in sad mood
some how i find it way to beat it
now my friend find it difficult to betray me
now i have make lot many male friends
but not girls as friends the only aspect which is missing in my life
still waiting for it hope i will get soon

Similar situation here if you mean friends as someone to hang out with. And while I do not think I'm dumb, I also have a big problem with making convos. I just so envy people who are naturals at this, it's apparently a talent like any other. And when I do speak up, I often wish I'd have kept my mouth shut as I often tend to say something not entirely to the point or just anything not to keep silent like a fish. You know, the other day I deliberately watched a girl I know, who's a natural extrovert, chatting up a newbie. She wasn't saying anything particularly outstanding, just something about her lessons at school I think. So I thought wtf, let's see, turned to the girl beside me and started bestowing upon her the 'exciting' information about what I was doing in the shopping centre that day. In as much unnecessary detail as possible mind you. And managed to keep up the convo for at least a few minutes, would have been probably more if she wasn't one of the silent ones as well. Quite good for me. So even if you don't have anything terribly interesting to say, you can always just recount something from how you spent your day. If that fails, well at least you tried, so you really have nothing to blame yourself for!

But don't let it stop you from going to places you want to visit. Plenty of people go by themselves, there's nothing weird about it. I always go to movies alone as I have no one to go with but it doesn't make a movie any less enjoyable for me. Although it's more of a problem when you want to visit some restaurant or a cafe, I'd generally prefer talking to someone while eating, otherwise it's no fun.

I notice that most of the replies I received are from male members, to tell U the truth I prefer female friends. I don't feel too comfortable making friends with a male. Besides I already have a bf. I appreciate the response though.

Bluerose said:
I notice that most of the replies I received are from male members, to tell U the truth I prefer female friends. I don't feel too comfortable making friends with a male. Besides I already have a bf. I appreciate the response though.

Most maybe, but definitely not all. We're all here to reach out for friends. I can understand feeling more comfortable with female friends. I also find them easier to talk to when I need to. But then opening up to or offering to listen when they need to open up can seem like a come on. I can assure you that that is not the case where I am concerned.

Does your boyfriend know how you are feeling? What about his friends? Are you friendly with them? (In other words, do you ever hang out with them when they are together?) Do any of them have girlfriends/wives that you might get to meet through your relationship with your boyfriend?

Bluerose said:

:) Thats kool. No probs. ..and to make it more clear:p I m not looking for a girlfriend. I never even had that idea when I posted a reply:). I just meant as a good friend. You'll get loads of female friends from here. Take Care:)

Hi Bluerose!!!

I live just outside Chicago, Illinois & I have not had any Friends in over 10 years either. I have Social Phobia so it is hard for Me to connect. I live alone & get very lonely. PLEASE consider Me Your new Friend. I would LOVE to be Friends with You even though We live far apart. FEEL FREE to contact Me & I look forward to getting to know You.

Peace,
Chitown-SHY

Haven't had friends since 3rd grade, and now a 2nd year in college. It been a very long time as well.

Bluerose said:

Not trying to be an ass, but I didn't see any marriage proposals in this thread...just offers of friendship.

Although I do understand your hesitation in having a male friend. We're all baby eaters and goat worshippers.

Bluerose said:
I haven't had any friends over 10yrs since my last friends betrayed me. I get real bitter whenever I see a group of friends laughing & talking so I go elsewhere to be by myself. I don't know how to make new friends. I'm not very good at making conversation & I hate going places by myself. I don't think I can go on like this, I'll have to find a way to put myself out of my mysery..
crying-1.gif
I haven't had any close friends for years either. I always seem to just make acquaintances but it rarely goes any further. :(

Latest posts

Back