Joined a Meetup Group and my first meeting was AWESOME!!!!

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cosmicpsyche

Reaction score
My success story:

In the past year I have been developing mindfulness to be able to stay present through uncomfortable situations. First, it involved simply becoming aware of my panic, which I have in response to any social situation, and then, practicing the patience and dedication to be able to understand and eventually to challenge those beliefs that are at the root of my inappropriate reactions toward others.

Thanks to this self healing work, I have finally started to think of myself as a normal person, who is an integral a part of our society as much as anyone else, and most importantly, whose words are valuable and worthy of being shared with others. That is how I got to finding and joining ALL. Well, the responses here have been so welcoming and uplifting to me, it has helped me to gain critical miles toward solidifying my new positive beliefs about myself and to stop avoiding social situations because of anticipating the worst scenarios.

My big success story is that in keeping with the positive momentum after joining ALL, I joined an Italian-speaking meetup group where I live, and WENT TO MY FIRST MEETING LAST NIGHT!!! I had thought to myself that since my Italian grandparents raised me, my advantage in speaking Italian would balance my social anxiety. With nothing to lose, I decided to see if I couldn't use my Italian advantage to build positive social experiences through attending the group meetings ... It turned out that I WAS RIGHT and I finally SUCCEEDED for the first time in doing something that I had always done my best to avoid before. Not only that, I felt proud of my mother tongue for once, which was an indescribably uplifting experience, compared to the usual feeling of self-hate for not being English at work and in class.

!!!!! YAYAYAYAY :D :D :D :D :D YAYAYAYAY!!!!!

Last night's meeting marks the point in my life in which I became completely free of any doubt that there are people who want to listen to what I have to say.

Even though I was a newcomer, I was brave and had a positive attitude. I visualized my heart being open and accelerating out to the others. Throughout the time I was there, I stayed spiritually present as I listened with all my heart and soul to what others were saying. For the first time, I maintained good, balanced conversations without falling victim to my panic. I maintained my anxiety levels in the realm of healthy excitement and anticipation for the upcoming meetings.

Thank you universe - the answer I was searching for has been received loud and clear.

I am no longer running away from people, but now, my spirit flies out to meet them. From here on out, whenever I am in a social situation, no fear or doubt will ever again get in the way of me opening my heart to allow any receptive spirit to find me and to connect with me. Now I believe new friendship is just around the corner ... Get ready for another success story post!!!!!

!!!!! YAYAYAYAY :D :D :D :D :D YAYAYAYAY!!!!!
I hope my story might help someone else to also find true freedom in the company of others.

Cosmic, that's WONDERFUL!! :D
This is the sort of thread I love seeing here because I think this is what we should ALL be striving and searching for. And as long as we actively improve and find our niche we'll succeed, just like you have. I hope everyone reads this post and feels a bit reassured: There is success for all of us.

I hope your future meetings are even better!

Latest posts

Back