I hate people that go on about how they consider their friends to be "family"

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

suzy

Reaction score
It just depresses me because I've never met any like that. Ive met alot of people but honestly Ive never had or have any real friends! and im already in my twenties. Do those type of friends even exist or is it just for show. Even a girl shyer than me at school has good friends that throw her suprise birthday parties whats wrong with me does anyone else feel the same

suzy said:
It just depresses me because I've never met any like that. Ive met alot of people but honestly Ive never had or have any real friends! and im already in my twenties. Do those type of friends even exist or is it just for show. Even a girl shyer than me at school has good friends that throw her suprise birthday parties whats wrong with me does anyone else feel the same

Friends? Huh? What are those? Where do you download those?

Hello Suzy :)

i use to have a friend like that, man we hung out all the time,

*sigh*

evanescencefan91 said:

*sigh*

Aww...turn that frown upside down Evanescenfan91! You're a lovely woman and I am certain that you'll find some good friends sooner or later. Everyone seems to find these teenage years tough, we're not the only ones in this situation. I too had some very good friends, just as you had, but we went our separate ways. In my case, it was because I moved to a different country. Sure, we would email and talk on msn, but that kinda slowed down after a while, because we didn't know what to talk about anymore. Actually, this thread just reminded me of a friend I used to have in 1st grade. We used to hang out all the time, and people at school often asked if we were brothers. So in a way, I suppose friends can be like family, but it depends on your definition of 'family'. Hang in there Evanescence :)

I consider this place to be a bit like family.

If by family, you mean a large group of people that would like to push me off a steep cliff into a ravine filled with rusty nails.

Yes, that's what it is. A warm, nurturing family environment...with nails.

id love to have a group of girl friends like the popular girls at school but something tells me those girls didn't even really like eachother lol still I woudn't mind being apart of that once in my life just for the experience (sorry this msg is a lil off topic)

im like that. But what made me and my freinds close was growing up together, like id kill for my freinds thats how deep it is. But i know what your saying suzy. Its nto easy .

youll find someone whos bound to be your friend im sure of it, just take the initiative and dont be afraid to talk to random people. Thats how they say you make your closest friends. Random moments can sometimes bring friends and you didnt even know it.

I had a friend whom I considered, well, I dunno if family, but yeah, something like that I guess. I met her at university. We were really close. Although not in a way like: a friend whom you can call at night, come to them and cry on his/her shoulder. There wasn't any such drama, besides I'm not good at expressing my deepest feelings openly to people anyway. We were very similar in a way and also very different but we complemented each other very well. Too bad we live in different cities now. Friendship has always been very important to me and really, there isn't anything much I wouldn't give a person I consider my best friend if only they asked or even without asking, but fact is that I suck at making friends, and this one I mentioned, I think it was pretty much by pure lucky chance that I succeded to get a friend like that. I had a friend at school too but that friendship wasn't really deep despite how much I always wanted it to be, there was no such effort from the other side. Another friend I had at school, it was fun while we were together but in a couple of years she ditched me for another. I also know it's not very likely I'll ever have a close friend again. But I can hope, it's a **** good feeling.

evanescencefan91 said:

*sigh*

I did too. Then he was taken away. There is still one person. But I don't get to talk to her much anymore. Even with the distance and everything I'd do a lot more than just kill for her. And in reality that's more than I can say for my family. To be honest, Any friend I might make would already an advantage over my family. I'd like them. :rolleyes:

Satyr said:
I consider this place to be a bit like family.

If by family, you mean a large group of people that would like to push me off a steep cliff into a ravine filled with rusty nails.

Yes, that's what it is. A warm, nurturing family environment...with nails.

That kinda sounds like my family.

Hey Satyr, what's that down there? No, you have to lean way out over the rail. <nudge> :p

suzy said:
id love to have a group of girl friends like the popular girls at school but something tells me those girls didn't even really like eachother lol still I woudn't mind being apart of that once in my life just for the experience (sorry this msg is a lil off topic)

If you mean those "popular cliques" that most schools seem to have, they don't. They're just in the group so they're thought of as part of "that group". They thrive off the envy that others have for them even though the thing everyone is so envious of isn't real. If you could read their thoughts you'd know just how petty and spiteful they are towards not only everyone else, but each other as well.

LonelyDragon said:

Hey Satyr, what's that down there? No, you have to lean way out over the rail. <nudge> :p

You all owe me for tetanus shots.

Satyr said:
LonelyDragon said:

You all owe me for tetanus shots.

Nah, I'll shoot you for free.
18.gif

Friends....har... Suzy, let me tell you what friends are really, they are people whom you hang out with, nothing more. All this hype of good friendship, only works on the tv, never in real life, just like love.

Suzy, I know exactly how you feel. It gets me depressed when people talk about how much they love their friends, because I think: why not me? I'm a fun person, and I have plenty of love to give. Why don't I have that?
Don't let it make you bitter. It isn't a judgment on you; sometimes random luck (e.g. your living situation in college) plays a huge part in who you do or dont meet. You will find what you seek. And I think that you only make a few true friends in life; people who say they have a lot of close friends are just deluding themselves.

Well, while I've never felt the warmth of a females touch or affection, I do have a friend, my only real friend, that i consider family. The guy is my brother in every aspect, except for the whole blood thing. We always backed each other up, in fights, arguments and in consoling each other when we were rejected by women... which was 100% percent of the time. Now, he lives several thousand miles away, on the other side of the united states, but I'm happy for him because he found a woman and a good job over there. I still can help but feel lonelier than ever though.

I had freinds like that we were so close like family, but when my life got better than hers it became a competition. Love yourself and others will follow...

Latest posts

Back