New Years eve

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

breakthecycle

Reaction score
Please please cancel that stupid day!

I don't need a day to remind me of how many friends I have (ye i don't have any)

Yeah of course I have my parents, but they will have their friends over, so I would just end up sitting in my room anyway,(Of course I could hang out with them but come on?) , the only thing that would be different is the food that day, nothing else changes. Im a friggin 18 year old kid, i'm not supposed to be home with my parents at new years eve.
I should be out there living my friggin life for once.
Of course I'm not ALL alone that day, but it feels like it.

How do you deal with the pain?

If there is some loners from Denmark out there, give me a call. And we can get hammered together :)

2008 another year of failure

Maybe

I do cancel it (for myself). I just stay home and watch tv. I just avoid the countdowns. To me it's just another day. The only difference this year is that I will be off work early.

Since early childhood and up until age 20 (I think) I spent New Years Eve with my parents, my best mate and his parents.
Me and my mate would sit and play computer games until midnight, then we fired off a bunch of fireworks.

At age 21 I had my WORST New Years Eve...
I spent it with my whole family at my brother's house and had to see my mum getting too tipsy and rather annoyingly happy. I wasn't drinking myself so I didn't find it very amusing...not that I would've anyway, it's my mum for crying out loud...
Anyway, never ever spending it with my whole family like that again. NEVER!

At age 22 I spent it with the same way as in childhood. Was a relief from year before.

Last year at age 23 I spent it with my sister and her boyfriend at some of their friend's house. Guess who I ended up talking to (or being spoken to...)....... the flippin' village drunken idiot...who slapped my ass when I got up from my seat.....oh yeah, real fun....never again.

This year I have no idea. I would prefer to just let it pass to be honest.
Now it just feels depressing spending it with my family, or with part of my family + some of THEIR friends.... In the latter case I feel like I don't belong there at all, fifth wheel definitely.

Breakthecycle, all us Scandinavians here should meet up somewhere for New Years and get hammered lol that would be wicked :D
I vote for Denmark cos you guys have the cheapest booze lol :p

lol, hell if you got me a plane ticket i'd be happy to join (mostly cause i'd legally be able to drink there XP) though i wouldn't drink a whole lot, maybe just some wine or a rum and coke, probably only enough to get a little buzzed.

well what helps me is merely denial and just being delusional. It's gotten me past the last year so far. the last two newyears i spent by myself. 06 i just played final fantasy XII all night long. Last year i remember i just spent all the night here eating microwave popcorn, drinking soda and watching scrubs epsodes online. *smirks* it wasn't half bad.

ooh - 1991 posts, XD thats my year of birth and a paledrome :D

probably won't last very long, oh well

:)

err....

The crap that gose on in my head. One foot in yesterday , one foot in tommorow and pissing all over today.

yeah those stupid reminders suck ass....I know what you mean. The honeysuckle that i don't have.
But F-it anyway, I threw myself out there and i asked for help insteasd of isolating myself.
There's people coming into my life a little bit at a time. I'm still waiting and hoping for a
freaken super model to recuse from all this honeysuckle...I feel her just around the conner.
I hope she's not a phyco ***** :p

evanescencefan91 said:
lol, hell if you got me a plane ticket i'd be happy to join

*Goes out fundraising to get Evfan ticket to Denmark* :p

well what helps me is merely denial and just being delusional.

LOL! :D

Congrats on the 1991 posts! ;)

breakthecycle said:

I don't need a day to remind me of how many friends I have (ye i don't have any)

Yeah of course I have my parents, but they will have their friends over, so I would just end up sitting in my room anyway,(Of course I could hang out with them but come on?) , the only thing that would be different is the food that day, nothing else changes. Im a friggin 18 year old kid, i'm not supposed to be home with my parents at new years eve.
I should be out there living my friggin life for once.
Of course I'm not ALL alone that day, but it feels like it.

If there is some loners from Denmark out there, give me a call. And we can get hammered together :)

2008 another year of failure

Maybe

Mate, My heart goes out to you. It really dose. I have somewhere to go christmas eve. I am glad I have that. I can cope being alone new years eve cos I know I was out christmas eve. I think when your Young and at the age you are it is moor difficult then it would be for me. If am not out for new years I well probably just seat on here getting drunk alone. If I was your age and not out I think I would get a lot moor upset. I have spent new years alone be for a few times. I can remember one time when I was about 23. I had a flat in town and at midnight as you can imagine the ski lit up with fireworks. I did not wont to be apart of this world at that time.

Pleas pleas remember it is only one night. I know its hard. honeysuckle man am feeling up for you here. I know how much it hurts when your on your own at times like this.

You must above anything else no matter how upset you get remember that it is only one night and it well not last forever. When you get to my age you well realise all through it still dose hurt it is not the most important thing in your life.

Stay strong dude and remember there is plenty of other ppl in the world that is feeling this pain right now. A lot of them don't even have the nets. Well that for me makes being alone a bit better.

Well I'm a loner but New Years eve doesn't bother me, or holidays in general, it's only my own birthday that gets to me, since I'm reminded that another year of my life just went by, well I guess it's the same with new year lol but birthday is really crappier since it's that special day for *me* only but it's just another ordinary crappy day.

However I generally like christmas and new year, I usually have the mindset of getting something good or just doing something good for myself, dropping by a mall, listening to christmas music, watching couples or people having fun with their friends kind of makes me happy as well, its relaxing to see a bunch of people just finally take a day off buying presents for others, or themselves.

I usually hang out with some relatives over holidays, so I guess I'm not truly alone, even though we don't get in touch with each other much after that, and they talk and do the same thing over the gathering, but generally I enjoy the company, if however I have to be alone, I'll buy myself some good food and alcohol that I like, and I just drink alone, I do have drinking problems but I really enjoy it, even though I feel really empty the next day when I get up, its crappier if I don't get to drink.

New Years Eve 1992 was the best for me.
I invited all my friends and they both showed up.
One of them got too drunk and fell in a ditch and we had to fish him out. He was so wet and muddy.:D
We grilled shrimp and steak, then set the back deck on fire with bottle rockets.
I became very ill, I'm not sure if it was the tequila or the whiskey or the raw shrimp I ate whole, legs, head and all.
It was one hell of a party.:)
I only see my friends a couple times a year now, and we live less than a mile apart.:(

breakthecycle said:

... Im a friggin 18 year old kid, i'm not supposed to be home with my parents at new years eve.

I remember feeling quite uncomfortable on those days. It seemed that of all days i should have something to do on new years eve. It felt like i was the only one stuck at home because there was no one to do anything with no matter how boring.

Bluey said:
... I think when your Young and at the age you are it is moor difficult then it would be for me. If am not out for new years I well probably just seat on here getting drunk alone. If I was your age and not out I think I would get a lot moor upset...

That could be. While it can still remind me how out of step i am with the rest of the world and how isolated, it just doesn't bother me as much as it used to. I spent several years in a row making sure that i was asleep before midnight, just as my way of turning my back on the whole thing. Can't do that these days but i don't bother with any of the TV coverage of the various gatherings. Fortunately we don't have any type of fireworks tradition locally.

Oceanmist23 said:
Since early childhood and up until age 20 (I think) I spent New Years Eve with my parents, my best mate and his parents.
Me and my mate would sit and play computer games until midnight, then we fired off a bunch of fireworks.

At age 21 I had my WORST New Years Eve...
I spent it with my whole family at my brother's house and had to see my mum getting too tipsy and rather annoyingly happy. I wasn't drinking myself so I didn't find it very amusing...not that I would've anyway, it's my mum for crying out loud...
Anyway, never ever spending it with my whole family like that again. NEVER!

At age 22 I spent it with the same way as in childhood. Was a relief from year before.

Last year at age 23 I spent it with my sister and her boyfriend at some of their friend's house. Guess who I ended up talking to (or being spoken to...)....... the flippin' village drunken idiot...who slapped my ass when I got up from my seat.....oh yeah, real fun....never again.

This year I have no idea. I would prefer to just let it pass to be honest.
Now it just feels depressing spending it with my family, or with part of my family + some of THEIR friends.... In the latter case I feel like I don't belong there at all, fifth wheel definitely.

Breakthecycle, all us Scandinavians here should meet up somewhere for New Years and get hammered lol that would be wicked :D
I vote for Denmark cos you guys have the cheapest booze lol :p

Hi Oceanmist23
Cool that your from Skandinavien too. :)
And yeah if you want booze. Then Denmark is the only chioce :)

And I can relate to be the fifth wheel. I Actually rather be alone than be the fifth wheel.

breakthecycle said:

Unfortunately there is no way to completely avoid it. And I deal with it simply by making a point to do something special for me. Be it a nice bottle of wine, a new book, or just a long bath. And it not only helps me to deal with being lonely by keeping me busy, but I make a plan to feel good about myself and claim this day as my own.

recruit22 said:
Unfortunately there is no way to completely avoid it. And I deal with it simply by making a point to do something special for me. Be it a nice bottle of wine, a new book, or just a long bath. And it not only helps me to deal with being lonely by keeping me busy, but I make a plan to feel good about myself and claim this day as my own.

Well said!

breakthecycle said:
Hi Oceanmist23
Cool that your from Skandinavien too. :)
And yeah if you want booze. Then Denmark is the only chioce :)

And I can relate to be the fifth wheel. I Actually rather be alone than be the fifth wheel.

Hallo! :) Yeah I agree, I too would rather be alone than be the fifth wheel.
Fifth wheel feels awful. At least when you're alone you only have yourself to deal with,
so you have a chance at making it a nice enough evening lol!
I've been invited back to the same place as last year, won't go.

One thing is for sure. My life will change until the next new years eve, that's for sure. I've had enough of all this self pityness.

New Year’s Eve. I hate this day and everything it brings with it.

To those who have already had their new year’s eve - Happy New Year. I hope 2009 brings some better times for you.

For those who dread this day or are alone and whose new year’s eve is still happening - Hugs to you all, hang on a little bit longer and it will be in the past!

Do you want to change? like get a normal life.
Please don't reply with 'what is normal anyways?'
you know what I mean.

I'm on my own again now. F***ing new years man..
with no friends, no prospects of a good career ahead. I'm messed.
I want to change.
just don't know how to anymore.

I'm so out of touch with people of my own age and people in general.
It's pointless to even try anymore.

I dunno whats the point of this post to be honest.
guess i'm just really upset and want a place to feel some sort of acceptance.

Happy new year

breakthecycle said:
One thing is for sure. My life will change until the next new years eve, that's for sure. I've had enough of all this self pityness.

Good luck!
Change while you still can.
The older you get the harder it is to change.

Happy new years!

Latest posts

Back