Favourite Quotations - Inspirational, Motivational, etc.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
R

Red_Apple

"Life is like a game of cards. The hand that is dealt to you represents determinism, and the way you play it is called free will."
-Jawaharal Nehru

"After the game, the King and the Pawn go back into the same box."
-Italian Proverb

"Life is a tragedy for those who feel, and a comedy for those who think." - Jean de la Bruyere

(All 3 from http://www.inspirational-quotes.info/life-quotes.html I've edited them a bit.)

"A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on."
- Sir Winston Churchill

My greatest hero is Sylvester Stallone and his Rocky.

A lot of people say that rocky is a macho guy-movie about boxing, which it kind of is, but it's SO MUCH more.

The Rocky character has given me inspiration and motivation to go on more times than i can remember.

"The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It is a very mean and nasty place It will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me or nobody is going to hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard you hit, it is about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward, how much can you take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!"

That quote can tell me stuff like no matter how dark things might seem, how hopeless and lonely you feel, You are strong enough to go through it, and things will get better.

Also, there's stuff like: "Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength." Which was said by Arnold Schwarzenegger. And yes, many people think of Arnold as a macho prick, but really, read that sentence again. I think it's great! It's (at least to me) truth.

I also like

"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in getting up every time we do."
» Confucius

"No one gives it to you. You have to take it."
» Frank Costello, The Departed

"What's so crazy about standing toe to toe with someone saying "I am"? "
» Rocky Balboa

"A champion is someone who gets up when he can't."
» Jack Dempsey

And last but not least..
"If you don't have problems, you will never be the person who overcame them."
» Richard Bach

The rest of my favs.

If music be the food of love, play on... Duke Orsino,Twelfth Night, William Shakespeare

“As the ocean has but one taste, that of salt, my teachings have but one taste, that of freedom.” The Buddha

“The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good”. Samuel Johnson

Old topic, yes, I just wanted to throw in my 2 cents.

"Let me tell you a secret, something they don't teach you in your temple. The Gods envy us. They envy us because we're mortal, because any moment may be our last. Everything is more beautiful because we're doomed. You will never be more lovely than you are now. We will never be here again."
- Achilles

My buddy, Ray, once told me the following, and I shall never forget it:

you gotta lickit 'fore ya stickit, smackit 'fore ya whackit, wrapit 'fore ya tappit, and you definitely gotta thrillit 'fore ya drillit.

i'm just sayin' :cool:

words to live by

Just_Some_Dude said:
My buddy, Ray, once told me the following, and I shall never forget it:

you gotta lickit 'fore ya stickit, smackit 'fore ya whackit, wrapit 'fore ya tappit, and you definitely gotta thrillit 'fore ya drillit.

i'm just sayin' :cool:

words to live by

I'd ask for Ray's number, but I'm sure he must be taken. ;-)

Unacceptance said:
Death solves every problem, no man, no problem.

That reminds me of a similar Russian saying that may have originated from the same source (or Stalin just restated it and made it his own...as he had a habit of doing so every now and then):

Есть человек, есть проблема. Нет человека, нет проблемы.
"If there is a person, there is a problem. If there are no people, there are no problems."

----Steve

My dad always says, "In the struggle lies the challenge."

This always serves to put adversity into perspective for me.

“Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.”

-Dr Seuss

"Enough is enough!"

"I've had it with these mothafuckin' snakes on this mothafuckin' plane!"

--- Samuel L. Jackson

"I think in one of my previous lives I was a mighty king, because I like people to do what I say." ~Jack Handey

Latest posts

Back