Has shyness ever gotten you beaten up?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

helen

Reaction score
It got me beaten up tonight.

I somehow talked myself into going on the works' Christmas night out - well, I embarrassed someone into inviting me - and met all my coworkers before. They were all actually quite nice (probably because they were drunk) and I sort of latched onto a girl who's been nice to me in the past. I think I was annoying her, but I still clung on. Anyway, some drunken guy starts chatting to her, so I put my head down and try to leave them to it. The guy says something to me but I can't hear it, and I know he really just wants to talk to the girl, so I leave him be.

He was really drunk, and after a while I started to annoy him. He grabbed me by the arm and asked me why I was being "up my own arse" and "such a snotty *****." I tried to explain to him, but he was really in my face and aggressive, and I could sense everyone watching so I panicked and started jibbering like a ******* idiot... so I annoyed him so much that he punched me square in the face.

I could see a trail of drops of blood behind me as I walked home. I'm guessing my nose is broken. I'm used to being hit and I've probably deserved it before but this time I feel bad because I wasn't trying to do anything wrong. I'm just so sick of ******* up all of the time. My head is aching and I feel dizzy, and part of me hopes I have a brain haemorrhage or something in the night so I don't have to wake up tomrrow and clean up my face.

I tried to be a normal happy person tonight but it obviously doesn't work for me.

He was drunk and he assaulted you.
I would have called the police and probably pressed charges.
Sounds to me like he threw the first(and only punch) so he is to blame.
You don't have to take that from anyone. Stand up for yourself!

But to answer your question, no. I have never been beaten up at all (physically).
I am a sorta big guy. And I often look angry. People are more likely to avoid me than pick on me.

I agree with eh?. That's assault, and whether you annoyed him or not doesn't give him or anyone else a legit reason to put their hands on you.

Not only that, I would have knocked his ass silly, but that's just me :p If he had a few teeth knocked loose, he might think the next time he's tempted to hit someone like that.

But, no, I've never been beaten up. If I ever was, a can of whoop ass would be opened up, and it wouldn't be so nice for the other person.

Maybe a drunken man is a mad man..(watched too much tv dramas.)

As for being beaten up because I was shy,no.

I only get bullied but not beaten up.

helen said:
It got me beaten up tonight.

I somehow talked myself into going on the works' Christmas night out - well, I embarrassed someone into inviting me - and met all my coworkers before. They were all actually quite nice (probably because they were drunk) and I sort of latched onto a girl who's been nice to me in the past. I think I was annoying her, but I still clung on. Anyway, some drunken guy starts chatting to her, so I put my head down and try to leave them to it. The guy says something to me but I can't hear it, and I know he really just wants to talk to the girl, so I leave him be.

He was really drunk, and after a while I started to annoy him. He grabbed me by the arm and asked me why I was being "up my own arse" and "such a snotty *****." I tried to explain to him, but he was really in my face and aggressive, and I could sense everyone watching so I panicked and started jibbering like a ******* idiot... so I annoyed him so much that he punched me square in the face.

I could see a trail of drops of blood behind me as I walked home. I'm guessing my nose is broken. I'm used to being hit and I've probably deserved it before but this time I feel bad because I wasn't trying to do anything wrong. I'm just so sick of ******* up all of the time. My head is aching and I feel dizzy, and part of me hopes I have a brain haemorrhage or something in the night so I don't have to wake up tomrrow and clean up my face.

I tried to be a normal happy person tonight but it obviously doesn't work for me.

Wow. That sucks. O.K., first, you need to contact the local authorities. PLEASE DO THIS! Even if it happened the other day, you can still contact them. It is best that you do so that some other girl doesn't get the same treatment from an ******* like that guy. Didn't anybody around try to stop him or help you?! Ugh, I can't stand people! You said "I'm just so sick of ******* up all of the time." This is not something that you did. It doesn't matter what you say, it never gives someone the right to assault you. DO NOT BLAME YOURSELF!!! If he has some kind of martial arts training or boxing experience, then that is considered assault with a deadly weapon.

As far as being beaten up for being shy, no I haven't. I have been punched plenty of times though. I used to train in MMA (mixed martial arts) so I have been in plenty of fights etc... Like I was saying, if I went out and punched someone I could be tried for assault with a deadly weapon. I would have done his to him if I was there::club:

This makes me so ******* mad about the idiots that live in this world. I don't understand how a male could ever have the urge to hit a female. I have been punched by girls before and didn't even touch them back. I was taught to respect women. Unfortunately I do it kind of like the guy in that movie 40 year old virgin does, "I respect them[women] so much I completely stay away from them!" Needless to say i don't have a girlfriend.

fresia that, you don't have to take that. Angry drunks are a dime a dozen. You're out of it now, call the cops, you obviously got a good look at him. And if you were there in self defense you shoulda cracked his ******* skull open with a bottle.

That reminds me of stupid bar fights I used to get into...lmao

A babe lip-locked me and made out with me, she was clinggy..I guess
Then a dude cold cocked me from behind saying " leave my GF alone".
Errrr....she was partying with me almost every other night for weeks,
how the F should i know ?

Then i heard another chick (she was taking home :(...**** it) screaming through the windows. I felt the hand cuffs behind my back.
i notice the stupid fool was handcuffed too with blood dripping from his nose and crying.( I guess I must had broken his nose)
Then I notice the **** flashing lights of the cruiser....lmao

I told him..you stupid gardenia, she's not your GF, you just thought
she was your GF....lmao
It's a good thing..they didn't throw both of us into the same holding tank.

Jonny said:
Why call the police over something so trivial,do you honestly think anything will be done about it?

Yeah, like Jonny said. The way the cops looks at it...if there's
alcohol involved, it's all a wash or just another one of those
calls they've done before. They're not going to take sides just
becuase 2 drunk dudes were fighting over a girl.

Years later...I hear people say
"sick and tired of being sicked and tired"
"we put ourselves in the position to get hurt"
"We stopped fighting everything and everyone"
One of the favorite phrase my sponsor would tell me....
"have you had enough yet ?".....lmao

In my area you either get arrested for that or you get about 5 guys showing up at your doorstep to beat the honeysuckle out of you, but I live in a weird town. Police are different all over the place, but I know around here they take people down for everything. I work in private security on a military base and in several nearby towns, so I work with police fairly frequently and one of the things I think every cop around here hates is drunk men hitting woman. You do that in a bar here you'll be bloody pulp before the cops even get there to arrest you. Either way, make sure you keep some ice on that nose, it will help the swelling. Don't push on it too hard though if it is broken or it won't heal quite right.

Hey hang on... drunk guy assaults woman in front of witnesses? Hell yeah report it to the cops. To be honest, I'd be surprised if he still has a job.. I imagine everyone who witnessed it will thoroughly despise him. If I had been there.. well...

Lets just say I don't care for guys who hit women.

There is just no excuse for that. Unless things are a lot different there the police will do something if you file assault charges.

After that i am surprised that he made it out of the place in one piece.

I agree. Call the cops.

He's lucky I wasn't there. I will not put up with that for any reason. No matter how much of a coward I am when it comes to talking to women, I will (and have) make a guy who does something like that pay with interest.

holy fresia helen, you should file charges against this duchbag, i mean thats assult and drunk and disorderly conduct right there. He would probably have to go to jail for a while. There must have been witnesses,
I hope you're alright.

i can't believe a guy would hit you especially when you didn't do anything to provoke him in the first place.

wow i always just figured just stay invisiable and no one will bother you if you don't bother them.

god i'm sorry i hope you heal up okay,

*hugs*

The world is a terrible, terrible place. Humans are animals, nothing more. There's nothing much I can add, as most of what can be said has already been said. Trying to file charges might work, but you might end up losing money (legal fees?), and maybe he might even try to attack you again if you try filing charges. Maybe he will get some friends of his to beat you up. Perhaps you should try a counter-attack, torch his house, or just kill him.

If someone did that to me, or a friend of mine, I would do all I possibly could to get back at them. I don't think a fine and a small sentence in an english prison would be punishment enough. He needs to be wiped out of the gene pool.

Jonny said:
Why call the police over something so trivial,do you honestly think anything will be done about it?

Well assault charges can be filed. Unless the police suck over where he is at.

hi helen,

i can relate to clinging on to friends in situations where you feel uncomfortable or do not know other people - it is quite rude this co-worker didn't make the effort to include you even tho you a clearly shy person. and what that man did to you is absolutely abhorent. even more abhorent is that it seems no-one helped you!

have you spoken to anyone at work about it? if it was me personally, i would not want to continue working there, as they really do not seem to be nice or decent people!

hope you are feeling better now ((((hugs))))

Latest posts

Back