Your Dream Job

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When I was a child I would have never considered my current job to be a dream job. I love my job though. I couldn't and wouldn't want a different one. So I guess I already have my dream job. Just hate the area that I do it in. lol

bish33 said:
When I was a child I would have never considered my current job to be a dream job. I love my job though. I couldn't and wouldn't want a different one. So I guess I already have my dream job. Just hate the area that I do it in. lol

And that is??? :rolleyes: ;)

Red_Apple said:
Professor

Ah yes... To be shipwrecked with Mary Anne.

dawn+wells.jpg
:cool: ;)

Fender said:
Owner of a 4x4 and custom automotive shop.

That's pretty much mine. Anyone know who Chip Foose is? From Overhaulin'. I wanted to be him. And I might have been too if I had kept my shop open. :(

SilentThinker said:
If you can choose that one job,which job will you choose?

What about you? ;)

ringwood said:
Costumed tour-guide in a haunted castle in the British Isles.

Watch out for the children...they'll tug at your uniform and try to steal your hat and do all they can to annoy you. I know that's what I did when I was younger...

Actually, I think my real dream job would be to work in the Foreign Office, or maybe even be the Foreign Secretary.

Owner of an exclusive celebrity pet hotel/farm.
Celebrity pets only because celebrities are willing to pay big.
That way I can work with lots of lovely pets & earn lots of lovely money :D
Maybe I should...! I only just thought of it...
Wow... Must investigate this!! :)

LonelyDragon said:
bish33 said:

And that is??? :rolleyes: ;)

Red_Apple said:
Professor

Ah yes... To be shipwrecked with Mary Anne.

dawn+wells.jpg
:cool: ;)

Fender said:
Owner of a 4x4 and custom automotive shop.

That's pretty much mine. Anyone know who Chip Foose is? From Overhaulin'. I wanted to be him. And I might have been too if I had kept my shop open. :(

SilentThinker said:
If you can choose that one job,which job will you choose?

What about you? ;)

Air traffic controller

LonelyDragon said:

Yeah Foose is awesome. Love his work. What kind of shop did you have? Any pointers to someone who wants to open one eventually?

SilentThinker said:
bish33 said:
Air traffic controller

That is a kickass job. I wanted to be one growing up.

Firefighter/Paramedic, City of Portland Fire Department.

I actually tested for Firefighter/EMT at Portland earlier this year. I didn't score high enough on the written, though :\ It's a weird test. More or less has nothing to do with firefighting...

That, or a gourmet chef.

My dad was an air traffic controller for 30 years. It was a really good job for him, but very stressful and the hours were crazy.

From what I hear it's not the greatest job to be going in to now though. He advised me against it. The starting pay was knocked down, and apparently now they have it to where if you transfer to a different facility somewhere else in the country you go straight to the bottom of the pay scale no matter where you're at on it. And nowadays, or at least at his last facility, they're appointing supervisors based mainly on their degrees...my dad always had horror stories of one supervisor hovering over his shoulder trying to tell him what to do at tense moments. Apparently she had never even sat at a radar screen, and there were some occasions where if he had listened to her there would have been collisions o_o

Latest posts

Back