Breast Augmentation for More Confidence?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Claire1978

Reaction score
This is rather personal, but I am a stranger here, so the medium works:

I am small-chested (32A), but also very thin, so I am somewhat proportionate, but I still believe I am lacking in that area. I look fine in clothes (thank you, Victoria's Secret), but I have found I am shy and reluctant for a man to see me without clothes on, for fear he may be turned off. And it has all made me quite reluctant to pursue a romantic relationship.

I've come to a point where I am actually considering breast augmentation. Nothing extreme, but enough to make me feel more feminine and sexually attractive. This is not solely to please a man - it is more just so I can feel more comfortable and confident with myself. I, of course, don't place all of my self worth and esteem in that particular attribute; I think I have plenty of other traits to offer. However, the tools to fix that part of myself that I am not so crazy about are available, and so I am wondering if it would be worth it?

Opinions from all (guys or girls) would be appreciated.

Well, it would be the same as having plastic surgery or something of the like on other parts of the body... fix a nose that you feel is a bit off, or taking rogaine to get a fuller scalp. If it's confidence you want, that's definitely a way to get it. But what it all boils down to is the root of that confidence... you'd be confident because you feel people see you as more attractive, a result of fitting into the ideal socially-determined physique.

All of us conform on some level... whether it's buying stylish clothes, or wearing a designer fragrance. Maybe it's listening to a band that all the "cool kids' like, or eating at a trendy restaurant just because people we admire/like eat there. If you want to get augmentation, that's up to you... but do you think that the increased attention you might receive will be the kind you want? Would the ideal person for you really care if you're an A-cup or a D-cup?

Just food for thought. I think you should do what makes you happy. I wonder how many guys buy enlargement pumps, creams, pills, and the like in hopes of impressing ladies and increasing confidence.

Thank you for your reply, and also for welcoming me to the forum in my introduction post.

You do make a good point. Ultimately, it is comfort with myself that I seek. And I personally don't find my bra size a turnoff, but that's because I've never thought such a superficial trait should matter as much as it apparently seems to. I've just noticed, in the time that I've been single, that it's a much bigger issue than I ever realized.

I suppose if I am being honest, I do prefer a more well-endowed man, but there is so much more that plays into my attraction for the opposite sex: intelligence, confidence, a strong mind, opinions, a sense of humor, among other things. I do think you are right, in that the right man will look past my individual traits to appreciate the whole package. But, if I could make the whole package even better with that one thing...?

I guess what I'm asking is, what is the general consensus on breast size? How important is that? (Knowing, all the while, that I am not in any way the kind of woman that likes fake things. I appreciate authenticity in all its forms.)

Hi Claire,

Personaly, i think that if your with the right man, he would love you and your body regardless,as you put it the whole deal, but confidence comes from within and its how you feel before how they feel.
There are loads of other options before surgery,walking tall, enhancing what you have, making the most of your figure and such and learning to love yourself which does give you a real boost.
Having the flip side of the coin, i can tell you that larger breasts are not always better, can make you more self concious and hurt your back!
Boobie size is not important, but how you feel is.

Thank you, Gothmother. I appreciate your insight. I spent my entire 20s with men who had no problem with my size, and I suppose I was spoiled a bit that way. Perhaps I just had more confidence then? It is true I never gave it much thought then - I was so much more carefree.

I guess dating just gets harder as I get older, and I start to wonder what it is I am lacking that other women have to offer.

Well, personally I think it depends on the girl's looks all together. Some girls look really good with larger breasts, but some girls fit their smaller breasts fine. It's all in how you play your look I think. Um, to get a bit blunt here, I'll throw out a saying that my rowdy co-workers like: "More than a handful is just a waste". Heheh.

Anyway.

If you feel you'd look better, the option is there I guess.

I say you have to do what makes you feel the best for you. Men and women, I think always worry about the size of something when with a partner. On a scale of 1-10. How bad do you want it for yourself? How bad do you want it for the possibility of it helping find the right man?

I'm not sure....I've never been with a woman that had breast implants. So i wouldn't know whether if I can squeeze them
and how hard ?:rolleyes:

I've always been a breast kind of guy. It's a visual thing for
guys when it comes to sex. My ex-gf has nice size breast...
not jumbo ones that she's too top heavy..but I've been spoil
in that department. She's an attractive woman so she dose
get away with at lot of things from men... mostly from me too :(
However, she dosn't get alone well with a lot of women becuase
of her looks. She has a lot of personal issues that she hasn't
worked through, so her looks wasn't her challenge in life or
maybe is it...she's like a spoil brat. Then again...I'm sort of
a spoil brat too...otherwise we wouldn't had lived together for so long :(

To be honest when dating or looking for a partner...I'm visual.
Wheather they're implants or not...I don't think I'll get too hung up on it for too long.
Boobs...are Boobs...:p
However I still look for other qualities in a woman.

Jenni wasn't a blonde, looked like a super model or had the biggest breast in the world.
I was extremly attracted to her. More so than my ex-gf I wrote about.
Most of it was becuase i felt good being around her. Her personalities
or traits. I thought she was the most beautiful woman in the world.

Realisticly...would you go out with a bum, if you're dating a guy ?
Money can't buy love...but it makes it a whole heck of a lot easier...ya know what I'm say..:)

I do have a friend that had a GF with breast implants...
She looks like a super model to begin with. She's also very,
very nice. I think breast implants gave her more self confidents.
She was a nice person before she had the implants, but she
probably had internal issues she was batttling without other people
knowing or kept to herself about her breat size.

You know, not everyone wants women with huge melon-sized jugs. I may be in a minority, but I certainly don't think I am the only one who finds small breasts sexy. Everyone have different taste, as opposed to what the media tells us, that men are only attracted to model-like thin girls with huge breasts and shaved pubic hair (yes, that has been debated for a while here in Sweden, and for the record, I think pubic hair is hot!)

You say that you want to make the operation to feel more confinent with yourself, but when I read about women who had these kind of body surgery, my first thought is always "Wow, you gotta have really low self-confidence to do something like that"

No amount of plastic surgery of any kind can change the fact that there's nothing more attractive than a perfectly natural female body, no matter how it looks. That's my opinion ^^

Thank you all for your replies. After giving it some thought, perhaps it is just the result of my recent break up (4 days ago) that has made me feel inadequate this way. I think I will feel better about myself if I stay true to who I am, and if a guy doesn't love me completely just as I am, we obviously aren't meant to be together.

I think you have to love yourself for who you are. I've known women that have had this procedure hoping it would solve their problems and boost their self-esteem, only to find that it didn't solve anything and made newer problems. Godmother made a good point. The right man won't care and will love you and see the beauty in you. Maybe that's what you need, someone to help you see past your insecurities and bring out the confidence that's probably already there, just waiting to come out. The media is a huge influence in the way we feel about our bodies, whether we think so or not. I'm sure you'll make the right decision, just make sure it's something you're doing for yourself and not for any other reason. You seem like a really nice person and in the end what it all comes down to is a personal connection and how you make others feel about you.

All things of the body decay. Its best (imho)to be loved for one's mind and personality; rather than your body.

I've had many plastic reconstruction surgeries. I've declined a major surgery for the reason above.

I wouldn't get involved with breast implants unless your current size really bothers you. I'd be fairly bothered by pieces of silicon in my chest and you never know what kind of health problems may arise later on because of them. But that's just me.

Claire,
I am happy to hear that you have held off on the idea. We have all done/made sudden changes to our lives after a break up before. I have done some very stupid things myself. lol I'm glad you took time and thought about it.

Claire1978 said:
I think I will feel better about myself if I stay true to who I am, and if a guy doesn't love me completely just as I am, we obviously aren't meant to be together.

Great for you. :) I happen to agree with Jeremi anyway.

Also unless there is a real need i don't see silicone-filled bags under the skin improving anything.

Claire1978 said:
This is rather personal, but I am a stranger here, so the medium works:

I am small-chested (32A), but also very thin, so I am somewhat proportionate, but I still believe I am lacking in that area. I look fine in clothes (thank you, Victoria's Secret), but I have found I am shy and reluctant for a man to see me without clothes on, for fear he may be turned off. And it has all made me quite reluctant to pursue a romantic relationship.

I've come to a point where I am actually considering breast augmentation. Nothing extreme, but enough to make me feel more feminine and sexually attractive. This is not solely to please a man - it is more just so I can feel more comfortable and confident with myself. I, of course, don't place all of my self worth and esteem in that particular attribute; I think I have plenty of other traits to offer. However, the tools to fix that part of myself that I am not so crazy about are available, and so I am wondering if it would be worth it?

Maybe its just me, but I never saw that as important. Size of a girls breast is going to affect how I feel about her.

If you want it for yourself then do it, dont do it because you think thats what someone else will want.

You really shouldn't get implants just to make people like you more. You should get them because you want them, or need them (some people are mishapen, gravity afflicted, or 2 way different sizes).

BUT, that being said .. they do often help women feel more confident though (they can help you fill out clothes and bathing suits better, ect). If it's something that's been bothering you for years, then I'd say do it. Otherwise, I'd say just wait for a bit.

Also, something to think about. You'd probably go from an A to a C (most surgeons don't like to go smaller than a C, thank you Dr. 90210 for some helpful knowledge lol), and while you do want attention .. you'd probably get more than you bargained for, and while that might be great for the first few weeks .. are you prepared to deal with it for the rest of however long you keep the implants in (probably the rest of your life)? Also, are you prepared for not only the praise and admiration, but also the negative comments you will also receive? because you can count on there being someone that will make them, God love their grouchy/jealous/preachy souls.

Another thing to consider is, some guys (I've discovered very recently) really do not like fake breasts at all. Once these men find out, it's almost as bad as the ones who don't like small breasts. So then you've got a double whammy effect.

And finally, the last thing I'd say to consider is this .. they aren't a one time deal. Fake breasts are kinda like cars .. they have to go in for repair ever so often, which is going to come right out of your pocket each time (Health INS doesn't cover them, unless they leak). But unlike cars, it isnt a 10 min oil change and tire rotation, it's more like .. 6 weeks recovery and $5,000+.

After 6-8 years (depending on your own skin's elasticity) fake breasts have to have an "over-haul" (for lack of a better tern lol) or they start to look really, realllly bad.

Are you willing to go through not 1, but 2, possibly 3-4 (depending on how old you are right now) surgeries .. just so guys will find you more attractive?

There is NOTHING wrong with saying yes (or no) to any of those questions, mind you, but it is something to really think about before having it done. :)

Just for score table:
As male I'm EQUALLY attracted by small, medium, large chest size. I thank God for this wonderful diversity. I do believe women are such beautiful creatures. But I don't like artificiall.

Claire1978 said:

This is the type of thing that you really have to search within yourself to find the answer. No one else can tell you what to do with your own body.

I will say that being a man, I have often found small breasts to be feminine and sexually attractive. The same goes for larger ones.

It really all depends on who they are attached to. She could have the biggest, perkiest eye pokers in the world but it doesn't do any good if she's irritating. My opinion, for whatever it's worth. :/

Just think, you're trying to gain confidence..from your boobies! XD
Confidence is something that comes from your personality, not from your looks.
It's nice to make out confidence into something so simple & little just as your looks or 'boobs' in this case, so it appears easier to gain. But receiving confidence is a lot more challenging than that! >_<

Just for the record, I'd like to get myself a boob job too, but that's because I'm incredibly vain, lol.
So, I'm not against getting boob jobs, but rather people just getting the wrong expectations from things. That's no fun.

Latest posts

Back