Silly fantasy

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
E

Empathy

Okay, I'm going to admit this. During pretty much every activity I do in life, it occurs to me, "maybe this is where I'll meet the girl of my dreams!"

That has not occured yet of course, and yet, I still have hope. Any cool ladies want to get in touch here? I'm a guy in my early twenties with a good job and a lot going on. I'm very independent, which can make me a little unusual in how I do things. I'm openminded and would like to meet anyone!

Got that out of my system, thanks ;)

Hi Empathy,

I'm married, just wanted to respond to your comments. You are super awesome! You really come across as a great, cool person.

Your post reminds me of a Smiths song:

There's a club if you'd like to go
You could meet somebody who really loves you
So you go and you stand on your own
And you leave on your own
And you go home, and you cry, and you want to die!

Don't give up. It may take 10 more years to meet your true mate. I have faith that you will find her. Don't go just by looks, don't be fooled by pretty poison, and you'll do just fine!

Hi lonelygirl, glad to see you here in my thread :) Thanks for your nice view of me, it's good that my truly amazing personality comes across ;)

That's a depressing song, and true.

Thanks for your advice. Looks are hard to ignore at first, but easy to ignore once you know someone. I hope you're right and I do find someone at the right time.

Hi Empathy,

How old are you? If you were 99 and a half, I'd say, well perhaps you were not meant to have a romantic partner in this life. Otherwise, do not give up hope!

I agree, looks are a huge part of romantic attraction. However, I woudl say to you, if you have two girls, one totally beautiful and confident and attractive, but who may not have much in common with you, or another girl, who is cute, but has some flaws, (glasses, overweight, some acne, big nose, whatever) and she has a super awesome personality, then TRY to give the other girl a chance. Because you'll see that the people with the best personalities are usually NOT the best looking ones!

The trouble is, I haven't even found any profoundly awful looking girls who have good personalities! Good people who are compatible are hard to come by! :)

I'm 23 and everyone says that about not giving up hope, but here's the thing. When I plan for my life, I plan based on what I know. For years I planned on finding someone, and then I wasn't able to find anyone, and it was really hurting me.

So now I (mostly) plan on *not* finding someone, which gives me flexibility in my other plans. For me, giving up means actively avoiding getting attached to anyone, now. And I'm successful at what I put my mind to. There's a very good chance now that I will never choose to have a long term romantic partner in life.

Haha I do the exact same thing!
I'm always glancing at people in waiting rooms and on the underground and in places like that. I catch myself and have to remind myself that if I can't meet someone in real life, then I'm sure as hell not going to meet my soulmate waiting for the train. :)

secondplace said:
Haha I do the exact same thing!
I'm always glancing at people in waiting rooms and on the underground and in places like that. I catch myself and have to remind myself that if I can't meet someone in real life, then I'm sure as hell not going to meet my soulmate waiting for the train. :)

How precisely do you define real life? Isn't waiting for the train a component of your real life? If you had said you weren't going to meet anyone by delving into romantic movies or playing online games, I'd totally agree with you. I'm also always looking around at people, and thinking we might hit it off, but for me, everyone is equally real. Perhaps you'll accidentally bump into someone while waiting for a train, get to chatting, and realize you have quite a bit in common. It could happen!

Latest posts

Back