cancer

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

garden

Reaction score
Hello all. This has been a rough Christmas for me. I have breast cancer and was sick from the chemo treatment Christmas eve. Oh well, there are folks out there that are worse off then I am. I'm just grateful I am getting the treatments. It is a lonely, rough journey though. Maybe I'm just feeling sorry for myself today. I would appreciate prayers. Thank you.

Welcome Garden. I will move this to "General" because it can't be replied to in "Essential Articles".

Hi Garden, welcome. My aunt had breast cancer as well, but she beat it. I hope you do too.

Hi Garden, welcome to the forums

Breast-Cancer.... that's rough. I can't even begin to imagine what it must feel like to have cancer =(

Hope you'll find some relief from the loneliness here. You sound like a strong person.

Hey Garden, sorry to hear you’re having such a tough time. You’re in my thoughts to hope you beat this cancer soon. Welcome to the forum, hopefully you can find the company that you’re looking for here.

Don't be silly, you're not feeling sorry for yourself. That's horrible about your Christmas Eve - but I just know that you'll be having a better one next year. My grandma had cancer - she got a mastectomy, and now she has a lot of funny stories about her fake breast!

The important thing is to stay positive. Forums like this will help that, although of course groups of people in real life are much better. I think that A.L.L. is good for when it's the evening and you're feeling crap but can't go out and see anyone, so you go online. Check out the humour section - it always makes me smile!

Hey garden welcome to the forum i'm really sorry about your situation. Chemo's some pretty rough stuff. But you're keeping a really great perspective on it. You seem like a really amazing person.

:)

Garden
Sorry to hear that.
I couldn’t be with you on Christmas.
I will think about you and pray for you at the New Year moments.
A party or whatever, where ever I am.
I believe everything is connected with mind.
If you can be happy your body will be happy too.
Love and hugs

Thank you for the hugs. Hugs are always a good thing. Please throw in some prayers also.

Yep, I gotta beat this evil thing called cancer. I have four dogs and a husband to take care of. We belong to several animal rescue groups and there is always another fur baby around to take care of. That is one of the things that keeps me going. Animals. They are a bright spot in my life. I can trust them.

Hi there Garden. So sorry to hear about your situation. :( My boyfriend's mom had/has breast cancer. She went through chemo for most of this year and recently had to have surgery. It will be okay. Positive thoughts and outlook will help loads. Just look at it like you KNOW you're going to beat it.

I'm sending you hugs and prayers, and may you remain strong through it all. :)

Thank you so much. The prayers and hugs I've received from folks here have touched my heart. Yes, I try to think positive. I have to fake it until I make it. One of my goals, after I beat this evil thing is to help other women who have cancer. The Cancer Center of NC and the American Cancer Society is going to educate me about the different types of cancer so that I can be there for others. That's my big goal.

That sounds like a great aspiration to have, after having breast cancer and fighting it off you'll be able to offer the kind of support that no one else could and I'm sure you'll help many people

I'm sending you prayers as well as love, for showing that something good can come out of a bad situation like this, stay strong:)

I am sorry you are going through this. Chemo isn't any fun. It can be a scary time but i see people that are doing fine years after treatment for breast cancer. I hope it all goes well for you through this difficult time.

Your plans to help others is quite admirable.

No, chemo is no fun. I don't think anyone signs up for the treatments but I'm grateful to receive them. Folks at the Cancer Center of NC try to be as cheerful as possible. The nurses have been angels. The process is long. Three hours per treatment. First they draw blood, then you wait until those results are read. In all it takes about four and a half hours. Bummer but.........You learn to deal with it. They tell me the radiation treatments are a piece of cake compared to the chemo. I sure hope so because I could use a break. It could be worse. I'll fake it until I make it. :)

I will keep you in my thoughts, Garden. As Minus and Nevermore have already said, wanting to help others who have cancer is truly admirable, it's inspirational. You're an incredible person.

I, for one, am grateful that you decided to come on this forum. Thank you for sharing your story with us. You are a very courageous person. You will pull through this.

Youre in my prayers.

Thank you for those kind words. Some days I don't feel like riding that horse named Courage but.........

garden said:
Thank you for those kind words. Some days I don't feel like riding that horse named Courage but.........

I read your other posts as well.

Its not an easy thing to go fro.
cancer is truly not a nice thing.

My thoughts are with you and why I am not a religious person at all I promise I well pray for you. Well only be a short one but you ask and I promise so I well :) You keep well and have faith and you can get fro anything. The ppl that do beat this normally enjoy life a lot moor then they once did. So maybe there is a reason for this? Maybe there is even if sometimes you think they is not.

Oh, there is a reason for this to happen to me. I never used to enjoy the good things that I have in my life like clean running water. Think about it. What would you do without clean running water. Then there are the four Whippets that I have. Nothing like a dogs loyal love in your life. I have a roof over my head, plenty to eat and a clean place to sleep. The list goes on and on but being so foolish I did not realize just how blessed I am until I faced this cancer. Now I try to touch other peoples lives gently with a smile and a hello. I never really cared about people before. Yepper, there's a reason for this.

Latest posts

Back