Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Post your desktop
(10-17-2019, 04:13 AM)MissBehave Wrote: Lefse is a chore to make for sure. A lot of work with the rolling pin. I’ve made both thin lefse and thick lefse with my mom lots of times. 
Waffles are almost like a standard here. It’s amazing with sour cream and strawberry jam. ❤️
For Christmas I take out a lot of the old recipes and bake with those. There are heavy traditions here during Christmas. People usually bake 7 kinds of cakes/cookies. I have no idea why 7 is the magic number but.. yeah. It is. 😁 I usually have to have kokkosboller, sjakkruter, fattigmann, julekake and krumkake. 

=======
ME:
I'm a (literally) huge fan of baked goods... seven sounds like a great number to me.  :O)   Lots of potato grating to be done, making lefse, as well.  My mom spent most of an afternoon making lefse with several other people here-- she loved to cook, but had no desire to start production on it at home, much as I implored.  I'll bet you're a great cook.  I like traditional foods.  And costume.  And music.  

Had a jar of cloudberries, many years ago.  As I recall, they were a bit sour but I enjoyed them for what they were.   Folks brought a bottle of aqavit (?) home from one of their trips, and we toasted a few times with it, but I  never got a taste for alcohol so it was kind of lost on me.  Interesting product, though.  Krumkake sounds familiar.  I sort of attack most foods like Cookie Monster does with cookies, so I've probably enjoyed a lot of things I can't recall in detail.

=======
YOU:
My favorite Norwegian artist is Kari Bremenes. She comes from a family of musicians and her brother sings too. I’ll link you 2 of my fav songs by her. 

=======
ME:
I like this!  I think I even hear a little joikh in the first one.  She has a beautiful voice
and the language lends itself really well to this kind of melody.  Always love to discover
new tunes--- thanks!

======
YOU:
I had a conversation yesterday about the the good stuff with Italy vs Norway. Italy is filled with stuff to do, history, castles and all that. Norway doesn’t have too much of that stuff to offer, some ofc. I think nature is Norway’s best card for sure. Today I was out with my aunt and our dogs. We saw a small herd of em, about 15-20. One of them was pure white. Beautiful ❤️

======
ME:
"Em" are... what... Sheep?  Reindeer?  Highly evolved lizards that enjoy complex equations?
My mind is racing.  

I'm happy to have met you.  I hate to think you're struggling with loneliness,
and I hope the coming winter doesn't make any of that worse for you.
Here is the Primary Monitor. and Secondary monitor screenshots of my Mac.

.png   Primary.png (Size: 431.13 KB / Downloads: 16)

.png   Screen Shot 2019-09-28 at 09.19.09.png (Size: 347.68 KB / Downloads: 14)

The originals were too big to upload here.  I had to resize them.  Ugghh .
"You can't wake someone up who is just pretending to be asleep" --

[Image: tenor.gif?itemid=5280231]
Ahahaha. 😂 Moved too fast with that one. Lol.
A heard with reindeer. Hmm 🤔 the lizard thing would be pretty awesome though.
Akevitt (the alcohol thingy), I've tasted it but I'm not really a drinker. A cider once in a while is plenty enough for me so yeah. 
Been nice getting to know you Harper 😉
Lol. I got a orange kitten nibbling at my sweater now. Ahhh.. I love cats. ❤️
During winter it's pretty much dark 24/7. I don't really mind it. I like the seasonal changes. All of them brings something beautiful.
[Image: tenor.gif]
My WIndows Desktop.
"You can't wake someone up who is just pretending to be asleep" --

[Image: tenor.gif?itemid=5280231]
My desktop...  I'm still quite stoked about it; as I put in a good amount of effort to customize the theme and such.  *Yay* me!

Attached Files
.jpg   Screenshot at 2019-11-07 22-36-40.jpg (Size: 438.13 KB / Downloads: 8)
.jpg   Screenshot at 2019-11-07 22-36-14.jpg (Size: 371.67 KB / Downloads: 5)
.jpg   Screenshot at 2019-11-07 22-37-10.jpg (Size: 357.56 KB / Downloads: 6)
.jpg   Screenshot at 2019-11-07 22-38-03.jpg (Size: 363.3 KB / Downloads: 6)
"Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard inner battle."
-Namu Amida Butsu
--Hippo Sad
---May your jimmies be forever unrustled...
----"At fifteen life had taught me undeniably that surrender, in its place, was as honorable as resistance, especially if one had no choice." -Maya Angelou
-----"Lack of personal justice does not excuse one's own ignorance.  Do not be blinded by the wrongs done to you, lest you stumble and wrong others."
------"...There's jazz going on..." -Alan Watts

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How can I post a poll with a lot of questions with options in a single thread,please? Helloworld 1 1,481 01-05-2019, 10:03 AM
Last Post: Sci-Fi
  Placing a Picture into a Post on alonelylife.com Minus 25 26,471 02-09-2018, 01:42 AM
Last Post: Calliope
  Links to Take me to Post on a Thread in Emails WishingWell 6 3,834 02-04-2013, 03:33 AM
Last Post: WishingWell
  hi!! need help! I cant post in message area says undefined Alopez1 1 2,508 11-26-2012, 02:44 PM
Last Post: Sci-Fi
  My "YouTube" Won't Capture The Vids I Post LoneKiller 6 5,727 09-08-2011, 11:19 PM
Last Post: LoneKiller
  Re: Posting a Video into a Post WishingWell 11 6,243 08-18-2011, 05:18 AM
Last Post: WishingWell
  How to Post a YouTube Video Minus 4 4,671 07-31-2011, 03:43 PM
Last Post: Badjedidude
  Trying to find a thread / post Firefly 2 2,934 06-17-2011, 05:13 AM
Last Post: Firefly
  Quoting more than one post Firefly 2 3,307 06-04-2011, 08:50 AM
Last Post: Firefly
  How do you post a video from YouTube onto a Post? WishingWell 3 4,808 04-09-2011, 11:19 AM
Last Post: urbanloner69