Fears

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
jjam said:
What are some fears you feel you must confront?

I'm feared of being fired this year. Of other people opinion about me. Of loving and be loved by a woman. Of dying too soon. Of what is beyond death...

What about your fears?

Oral presentations. I can get through them okay, but I hate feeling everyone's eyes on me, judging, grading, analyzing my performance. .. Don't think I'll ever get used to it.

Rain said:
Oral presentations. I can get through them okay, but I hate feeling everyone's eyes on me, judging, grading, analyzing my performance. .. Don't think I'll ever get used to it.

Ya I know what you mean, I just finished a speech class in college. I had a really awesome professor though and I no longer fear speaking in front of groups as much.

I have always feared that someone in my family would be in danger and I would not be able to save them for some reason. I have never feared my own death, in fact, I've always assumed I would die somewhat young do to my lifestyle.

Tough question.

I am afraid of rejection but only by females I am attracted to.
I am afraid of any harm happening to my family. I would gladly give my life for any of them.
I am afraid of... change. I mean, real change.
I think I want change(and need to) but won't do what is needed to change.

fear of presentations / talking in front of people.....initiating conversations with people i do not know (whether in person or on the phone)....fear of dying and what comes next (don't think about it too much but when i do, it freaks me out!)....fear of rejection, particularly in social situations!

oh and i hate bugs....always have to go get my parents to swat them for me lol

Fear of eventually ending up alone and unneeded by anyone.
Fear of going bald.

Some others are minor in comparison.

Being alone rest of my life.
So police find my body on the floor after reports of neighborhoods who complaining of bad smell of my house.

Pasha Selim said:
jjam said:
What are some fears you feel you must confront?

I'm feared of being fired this year. Of other people opinion about me. Of loving and be loved by a woman. Of dying too soon. Of what is beyond death...

What about your fears?

I suppose worry of being laid off is on many minds lately. What's funny is it's not my performance or my attendance that's the cause of my concern. I've done well since day 1, and I'm doing well still. But with the economy's shape and all the layoffs around, it's hard not to be concerned.

So, you fear loving and being loved? Or is it you fear you will not be loved/fall in love? The latter is a fear of mine. I've been truly single for so many years now, it's starting to be a bit discouraging. I can't pinpoint the problem, though sometimes I think I can. I know I'm not the club-goer, but still I find it hard to believe that my type creates some major incompatibility issues. I'm good looking, fairly intelligent (no high degree or anything, but still), ethically sound, considerate... The scary part is I think I am just passing opportunity after opportunity after opportunity as if I am just oblivious to them. I must be refusing hints or something. Sometimes I imagine myself being omnipotent for a day, and being able to look back over my life and see a bunch of blue dots. Those blue dots would represent moments in which I interacted with someone who also was seeking love, and could have been happy with me and vice versa. Or maybe that's just something I tell myself for encouragement.

Silvernight said:
Fear of eventually ending up alone and unneeded by anyone.
Fear of going bald.

Some others are minor in comparison.

Well, I doubt I'll have to worry about going bald myself. But the other one...I couldn't have said it better myself.

I guess it comes down to the two biggies. I don't like heights, but I deal with them when I have to. Going really fast in a car? Love it! Facing off against some big guy who's pissed me off? While I might be nervous deep down I never blink. But when it comes to failure and rejection.... For me at least, they go hand in hand. I seem to fail everyone around me, including myself. You'd think I'd be used to it by now. Everything I do, I do wrong.

Latest posts

Back