Passings

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Caribou

Reaction score
This thread is for any deaths that should be shared.

I currently heard of some sad news from a classmate about the death of a guitarist who played in one of the greatest rock and roll bands ever formed.

Ron Asheton died. no source on this article (it's from a myspace bulletin) but sounds like a lonely way to go out.

"6th JAN - Stoog​es guita​rist found​ dead.​.​.​.​ Ron Ashet​on,​ the guita​rist and bassi​st with The Stoog​es has been found​ dead today​ (​Janua​ry 6). He was 60. Ashet​on was found​ at his home in Ann Arbor​ this morni​ng,​ accor​ding to polic​e.​ A cause​ of death​ is yet to be confi​rmed,​ altho​ugh initi​al repor​ts sugge​st that Ashet​on died of a heart​ attac​k.​ Detec​tive Sgt Jim Steph​enson​ told local​ paper​ Ann Arbor​ News that foul play is not suspe​cted.​
He added​ that Ashet​on'​s body was found​ on a livin​g-​room sofa,​ and that he appea​red to have been dead for sever​al days.​
Autop​sy and toxic​ology​ resul​ts are pendi​ng"

asheton.JPG

R.I.P.

Anniversary of Anna Nicole Smith is coming up.
I loved her. That really shook me.

AND OH MY GOD, HEATH LEDGER. He died this month last year. Absolutely ******* devastating.

One of the few "celebrity" deaths that has affected me was the death of Quorthon, founder of the extremely influental cult metal band Bathory, they were basically the founders of TWO music genres (black metal and viking metal). He died at the age of 38, I think that's just way too early for someone to pass away.

When I heard of it I remember listening to the Bathory song "Death And Resurrection Of A Northern Son" and I thought it was very beautiful and fitting:

"All still, no more pain, the wind whispering my name
This would my last, the darkness around me seems vast
Then a bright light I see, the clouds swirl and part before me
In the distance a woman approacing,
With a gesture she invites me to proceed

Then a bronze horn I hear, it calls me
And the bridge seems to stretch for a lifetime
Way before me a palace is rising
Out of the mist, like a mountain it stands
And it greets me with gates open wide,
All around me bloodbrothers by my side
And they show me the seat that bears my name,
My place at the table of Oden I do claim"

R.I.P. Quorthon!

Most of you probably don't know who he was, but I couldn't help sharing it here. :)

Erick Lee Purkhiser better known as Lux Interior, was an American singer and a founding member of the legendary garage punk band The Cramps from 1976 until his death in February 2009.

Interior died at 4:30 a.m. on February 4, 2009, in Glendale, California. The initial press release said he died of a pre-existing heart condition. The initial press release has been corrected on The Cramps official website where it states his death, from aortic dissection, was "sudden, shocking, unexpected and totally devastating".

1z3m1s3.jpg

Minus. You are awesome. I actually made a thread on the anniversary of his death in another forum.

R.I.P. Lux Interior

I just learned today that Miika Tenkula, the man behind the band Sentenced, one of the most important metal bands from Finland, passed away last month. He was only 35.

10.jpg

"Although you're gone
In memories you shall live on
Asleep, in peace now rest
The weight of the world is off your chest"

Sentenced - Lower The Flags

Sky Saxon born Richard Marsh in Salt Lake City, Utah. (Different sources suggest a birth year of either 1937, 1945 or 1946 – June 25, 2009.

[youtube]vV8KvKYRxig[/youtube]

Michael Jackson
michael-jackson-neverland.jpg

1958 - 2009

Farrah Fawcett
farrah-fawcett.jpg

1947 - 2009

Bernie Mac
berniemac.jpg

1957 - 2008

Can't forget the awesome Bernie Mac :)

2 days ago, a 7th grader in my town, was killed by a tree at her end of the year party. Her name was Catherine.

On 21st June My best friend's Mum died peacefully in her sleep after battling Lung Cancer for 6 months. Her name is Wendy

Moderator's note:

Any posts that were determined to be "off topic" have been deleted and will continue to be deleted. This thread is to mention passing of people that you admired or cared about, etc. This is a memorial thread of sorts. Again, all off topic posts will be deleted, so please stay "on topic." Thank you in advance.

EveWasFramed said:
Moderator's note:

Any posts that were determined to be "off topic" have been deleted and will continue to be deleted. This is not a debate thread, a fighting thread, or an MJ thread. This thread is to mention passing of people that you admired or cared about, etc. This is a memorial thread of sorts. While mentioning MJ's death was perfectly fine, all the debates and negative comments were not. Again, all off topic posts will be deleted, so please stay "on topic." Thank you in advance.

ZeFace2.png

John Hughes died of a heart attack today at the age of 59. :(

Some of the films he has directed and written,

Sixteen Candles
The Breakfast Club
Weird Science
Ferris Bueller's Day Off
Planes, Trains and Automobiles

John+Hughes+01.jpg

RIP

DayvanCowboy said:

Sixteen Candles
The Breakfast Club
Weird Science
Ferris Bueller's Day Off

RIP

This really saddened me. His movies were my teen year movies. :(

DayvanCowboy said:

Sixteen Candles
The Breakfast Club
Weird Science
Ferris Bueller's Day Off

John+Hughes+01.jpg

RIP

Wow. This was the first I had heard of this. I'm genuinely quite sad about that. He made some films that I really connected with when I was growing up.

RIP Sir Bobby Robson, a true great and gentle man, who finally lost his fifth battle with cancer aged 76. A man I've never had anything but admiration for. BBC

_46138063_robson_smiling466x282.jpg

Latest posts

Back