Passings

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's the two year anniversary of my mentors death.
Lt. Jerry Clark touched my life and I'll never forget what that has meant to me. I work each day to try and honor your memory.
But, your Last Call still haunts me.

EveWasFramed said:
Rest In Peace dad.
I wish things could have been different between you and your children.

:(

My thoughts are with you.

Today (April 11) marks 5 years since we lost our Golden Retriever. I didn't say anything when it happened because I was sad and didn't want to talk about it. Then time passed, and it just never seemed like the right time to mention it.

I miss you, Boomer.

I miss your twinkling eyes, your soft and warm fur, your thumping tail, your cute yawns with a chirp at the end, your fraps, your lick attacks, your cheerful bark, your big and sweet smile, your puppy face, your beautiful soul.

I miss seeing you wag your tail so joyfully with your bone, or thrashing your toys, or stealing Mom's slippers and biting them with a smile on your face. I miss going for walks with you and Mom, and seeing you climb on the playground sometimes. I miss shaking paws with you and giving you fruit. I miss you rolling over on your back for a tummy rub, smiling with your mouth wide open, showing your big fangs. I miss taking pictures with you, and you'd get tired of posing and want to get a treat. I miss hearing your claws on the tile and hearing you drink your water and hearing you breathe, letting us know you were here. I miss laying on the ground with you and getting kisses from you, and seeing you thump your tail on the ground for me. Or stopping by throughout my day to sit next to you and pet you.

I miss seeing you in all your spots, cooling yourself on the tile, laying by the vent, peeking out from under the curtains, staring out the window or laying in the middle of the living room. I miss how your presence filled the room with warmth, and you made us feel like all was well because you were here.

You made home, feel like home.

And it was you that made me a dog person. Before you came into our lives, I thought "dogs were alright", but I was more into things. But sharing life with you showed me how special they really are, and what the love of a dog means, and it means a lot more than things, that's for sure. You showed up to be our dog every day, and were a wonderful companion.
I will be a dog person forever, because of you.

I still think of you all the time, and I'm happy that you were a part of growing up, but I only wish you didn't have to go.

I love you 🦮💔

Last edited:
Beautiful dog 🥺 not fair

He really was, and people would tell us so. I always thought we had the cutest Golden Retriever, and the cutest dog. He was a little bit small for a Golden, but he was the perfect size - big enough to play wild with, but small enough to be cute and cuddly. He looked like a puppy his whole life, and he acted like one too. He had that sweet, smart, eager-to-please personality that Goldens are known for, and he was always here to be our friend. He played his role of pet and companion animal brilliantly. And he was not an object, not a thing, but rather he was a true family member. It always felt like he was a person of his own, one of us, me and my brothers.

Life could be frustrating from time to time growing up, some things weren't easy. But he was one of the bright spots, he was one thing we got right. And I'm glad we got to share our lives with him.

Thanks for the kind words.

Last edited:
On this day… I lost my dad, if you know anything about me, you’d know my dad was everything to me… I lost so much. My idol, best friend, star trek buddy, debate rival, safe space… the only person to ever love me…. Everything.

He was a good man, adopted me at age 2 despite all the negative backlash. He spoiled me, taught me how to be the best woman I can be. He always called me Doll because he thought I was the prettiest girl in the universe…. Obviously biased lol. I will miss my dad until I die, I wish I was religious so I’d know i’d see him again. RIP dad…

I just found out my elementary school art teacher passed away last year.

I was shocked to hear that. The last time I saw her, she was walking her dogs with her husband around here, I think around 6 or 7 years ago. Before that, I hadn't seen her since the '90s when I was in elementary. I remember her as kind, and also as the person who referred us to the breeder we got Boomer from. She was very passionate about Golden Retrievers herself.

She wasn't that old either. It's a shame how life passes so quickly.

Latest posts

Back