A second chat room

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Drake

Reaction score
I used to be completely against this idea, and then I grew up. I'm sorry I just simply cannot stand the chat room as it is right now, maybe I'm just a bitter old man but wow. The sex talk, the insults, the argueing, it really isn't a place to be when you're lonely. Is it like that all the time? Absolutely not, but I just joined and there was a member asking to be sodomized and another asking if he had lube. Now, I don't tattle, so I wont be saying any names, but I will say they have both been banned previously. Which brings up another point I've been wanting to be brought to everyones attention for a while. The mods are some what questionable, sorry that was dishonest, they're down right questionable. What does that have to do with anything Drake? Well, let me tell you! I have no problem with the way they run things IF you make another chat and to tell the truth, when things get super ugly some of them do their job but I can't take it. Maybe it's not the mods fault, maybe its the lack of standards for chat period where it allows people who are in power to abuse powers, talk about sex, talk down to others and not pipe up when its time to. ex. If there's an argument, if someone is being rude, hell even if someone needs to talk about there problems...after all isn't what this site is about? Anyway my friends, back to the topic at hand. Please, for the love of maturity, decenty and just all around good will, just make another chat room where there are some rules against idiocy and arrogance. Also, please take this for what it's worth, this is coming from one of the most arrogant, idiotic and down right perverted, sexual self-glorifying, self-destructive all in one bipolar members of the forum himself. If I can't tolerate any more, then I think you see why half the members on the forum dont join.

P.S. - The forums been trash lately too with arguments about religion getting personal and people acting completely out of control, and not it's not just that. Some times people are just down right disrespectful, but I know that wont change, you cant make a seperate forum just for lil ol drakeypoo.

Drake said:
If I can't tolerate any more, then I think you see why half the members on the forum dont join.

... and why half the present members at the time, last time this came up, either aren't here anymore or lost something so valuable to them that they sure don't seem as glad to come here anymore.

It's interesting to see You write a topic like this, makes me glad. Makes it seem like there's a certain amount of anger in people that, after it has come out, makes them blossom, so to say. Gives even me hope for the same one day, lol.

Drake my darling ;) I still have last say in that chat room. If you have any problems with what is happening in there then please PM me names and the reasons of your problems. I would rather sort any issue out with in a PM then go on instant chat with you as I find it to be moor controlled and constructive to sort out with in PM.

As with anyone if you have a problem with any mod or member that uses the chat box then pleas send me a PM stating your grievances.

If you have a problem with the way I run the chat box then you can send a PM to any of the forum mods or indeed bjarne him self. If any of the current admin are unhappy with the way I run things, i.e who I make mod in there then they have the power to remove that chat box and replace it with another that I am not admin of.

But as VanillaCreme has said we all ready do have a second one.

I think what your saying is we should have one like we have and maybe the second one should have moor rules. This may keep moor ppl happy.

Oh yes, let's not forget the member who randomly tells people to fresia off. Oh wait, isn't that you Drake?

I have every faith in the current chat room moderators, and I resent any implication that they are not fulfilling their job.

I was here when there were three chatrooms. I was actually a user of the room that Robin renamed "The Hateful Community" in a pique of spite. Of course I was, it was the only room that people actually went into - the other two rooms were always empty. Despite the fact that the room clearly stated that no one should get offended at the topics within, someone DID get offended, indeed, in a conversation I was a part of.

Often, when people complain, there is more to it than their simple words. I know this to the be the case here - simply put Drake, you got into an argument with someone who HAPPENED to be a moderator. Rather than be a man about it however, we have this post here. That, to me, is worse than being a "tattle", it's being downright deceitful.

Drake said:
I used to be completely against this idea, and then I grew up. I'm sorry I just simply cannot stand the chat room as it is right now, maybe I'm just a bitter old man but wow. The sex talk, the insults, the argueing, it really isn't a place to be when you're lonely. Is it like that all the time? Absolutely not, but I just joined and there was a member asking to be sodomized and another asking if he had lube. Now, I don't tattle, so I wont be saying any names, but I will say they have both been banned previously.

OK, I really think this is a dig at mods..plain and simple. WHy? Like you said, I have seen you be one of these "arrogant, idiotic and down right perverted, sexual self-glorifying" whatever. How many times have you started fights and told people to fresia off and insulted them? But now you are gripping about the very thing you do? I agree there should be two rooms...which there are. Just don't go back to the one you hate so much if you get banned at the second one. BTW, you said somethinng to me about posting a story with no names and there you go doing it. Hypocritical, don't you think?
Oh yeah, those people in the chat ARE lonely people.

Which brings up another point I've been wanting to be brought to everyones attention for a while. The mods are some what questionable, sorry that was dishonest, they're down right questionable.

There ya go, the REAL reason you are posting this.

What does that have to do with anything Drake? Well, let me tell you! I have no problem with the way they run things IF you make another chat and to tell the truth, when things get super ugly some of them do their job but I can't take it. Maybe it's not the mods fault, maybe its the lack of standards for chat period where it allows people who are in power to abuse powers, talk about sex, talk down to others and not pipe up when its time .

Yeah, yeah. Plainly you are digging at the mods.

to. ex. If there's an argument, if someone is being rude, hell even if someone needs to talk about there problems...after all isn't what this site is about? Anyway my friends, back to the topic at hand.

This doesn't even make sense. For example what? Doesn't make sense.

Please, for the love of maturity, decenty and just all around good will, just make another chat room where there are some rules against idiocy and arrogance.

LOL!!! RFLMAO!!!!!!!!! RFLMAO again!!!!!!!!!!!!

Also, please take this for what it's worth,

I will **Coughs-bullshit**

this is coming from one of the most arrogant, idiotic and down right perverted, sexual self-glorifying, self-destructive all in one bipolar members of the forum himself.

OMG, a shred of truth.

If I can't tolerate any more, then I think you see why half the members on the forum dont join.

P.S. - The forums been trash lately too with arguments about religion getting personal and people acting completely out of control, and not it's not just that. Some times people are just down right disrespectful, but I know that wont change, you cant make a seperate forum just for lil ol drakeypoo.

I disagree. I think you should have your own forum Drake. That way when you tell people to fresia off and kid around about sex, you can ban your own self for the love of maturity, decenty and just all around good will. What a hypocrite. Are you sure you really did "grow up" Drakeypoo? It doesn't look like it.

EDit: BTW, if you have a problem with me, please feel free to email Bluey.

Dude, maybe you should just join a Christian lonely forum if you want to be such a carebear. I'm sure their threads and chat rooms are right up your alley.

Btw, I'm the guy who said "Got lube", because I don't think there should be any sodomizing without lube. It's just disrespectful to their balloon knot.

Once a *******, always a ******* huh? Once You're marked, so is Your past and future alike. You'll remain a shadow of Your former self, because all they remember is that single day that You were at the wrong place at the wrong time. The staff members here have always been perfect, because the admins who've been in charge here through the years said so. Otherwise they wouldn't be staff members. That's how it always has been and how it always will be.

You do things Your way Drake, but i think it was worth a try nevertheless. As long as the current people are in charge, You're permanently marked. I don't know how Bluey was as an admin, but Steel seems to be the best one by far, so far. Bjarne was too sloppy, i was too active. It's all relative.

You know, it's kinda funny. If the mods eight months ago would have been more strict, this topic would never have been created, because You were a total ***** back then Drake, lol. No hard feelings from me. I'm still riding the waves of the bubble that burst last summer. A numb fresia.

Drake don’t even try to say you suddenly “magically” changed. That just isn’t realistic. No one expects you to.

I can see your feeling sorry for yourself, which I have nothing against at all.

The problem is your trying to dismiss your own guilt and dismiss the things you have done. You’re trying to displace that guilt onto others. No one made you do anything, so don’t think you can shift the focus or the blame onto others. I mean, we all affect one another, but that is no excuse. Reality simply has consequences and you need to decide you will accept what you have done and go forward from there. Don't try to make yourself look good and like the victim when you victimize others.

You can't squirrel out of anything Drake, people have memories and you seem to want to avoid the real issues and try to find some back door to get away with things. This is at least what it looks like to me. There really are no excuses man.

Now you’re not the only one.

As far as religious arguments go. Not everyone in this world agrees with everyone else. It’s just a fact of life, just like the sun rising and setting. If people didn’t disagree, no one would learn anything.

south_2nd said:
Dude, maybe you should just join a Christian lonely forum if you want to be such a carebear. I'm sure their threads and chat rooms are right up your alley.

Btw, I'm the guy who said "Got lube", because I don't think there should be any sodomizing without lube. It's just disrespectful to their balloon knot.

Where did you get the idea that name-calling was ok? Quite simply it isn't.

Robin said:
Once a *******, always a ******* huh? Once You're marked, so is Your past and future alike. You'll remain a shadow of Your former self, because all they remember is that single day that You were at the wrong place at the wrong time. The staff members here have always been perfect, because the admins who've been in charge here through the years said so. Otherwise they wouldn't be staff members. That's how it always has been and how it always will be.

You do things Your way Drake, but i think it was worth a try nevertheless. As long as the current people are in charge, You're permanently marked. I don't know how Bluey was as an admin, but Steel seems to be the best one by far, so far. Bjarne was too sloppy, i was too active. It's all relative.

You know, it's kinda funny. If the mods eight months ago would have been more strict, this topic would never have been created, because You were a total ***** back then Drake, lol. No hard feelings from me. I'm still riding the waves of the bubble that burst last summer. A numb fresia.
I can tell.

Why are you putting others down for having a different style? I mean, I am pretty sure you know better.

And yes, there are pros and cons to everything. Perfect doesn't exist.

Skorian said:
south_2nd said:

Where did you get the idea that name-calling was ok? Quite simply it isn't.

Oh, I'm sorry, Skorian.

OH NO! There I go again, name calling. I really need to stop.

Skorian said:
Why are you putting others down for having a different style? I mean, I am pretty sure you know better.

Um, since i was complementing both Drake, Bluey and Steel i don't know how You turned it into the opposite. What i said about Bjarne is true, and as i've said a hundred times before (although obviously left out this time) it's because he's so very busy elsewhere.

Perfectionism exists to perfectionists. Relative. A "style".

For that matter Skorian, what do You know about me anyway? How can You tell whether i'm numb or clear-headed? Seems rather unnecessary, what You said.

Robin said:
Once a *******, always a ******* huh? Once You're marked, so is Your past and future alike. You'll remain a shadow of Your former self, because all they remember is that single day that You were at the wrong place at the wrong time.

Yes, once a "*******" , as you put it, always a ******* until someone changes. Change doesn't consist of blaming other people or playing a victim. Being in the wrong place at the wrong time has nothing to do with gross mistreatment of others. If he was marked it was because his behavior marked him.

The staff members here have always been perfect, because the admins who've been in charge here through the years said so. Otherwise they wouldn't be staff members. That's how it always has been and how it always will be. You do things Your way Drake, but i think it was worth a try nevertheless. As long as the current people are in charge, You're permanently marked.

I don't agree, Robin. As long as he doesn't take responsibilty, no one is gonna believe him. I have seen people be a complete ass and then given opportunities to come back.

I don't know how Bluey was as an admin, but Steel seems to be the best one by far, so far. Bjarne was too sloppy, i was too active. It's all relative.

I agree. Steel has been the best Administrator by far. He, in my opinion, balances freedom of speech with protecting people on the forum. He doesn't act like a dictator and when necassary he doesn't back down from standing up for others. I have seen him allow people back that have insulted him. He is fair, honest and patient. Quite frankly, I wouldn't want such a thankless job.

I sure hope this doesn't become some Nazi forum. There are two chat rooms, as there were before. It's apparent where the hate is coming from.

This is pretty simple: A) There is another chat room if you don't care for the main chat and B) there is an "ignore" function in the main chat. If you don't like someone, or like what they have to say, simply click the "ignore" button. The moderators will handle any potential situations as they arise, as they see fit.

Yes, once a "*******" , as you put it, always a ******* until someone changes. Change doesn't consist of blaming other people or playing a victim.

I agree.

Being in the wrong place at the wrong time has nothing to do with gross mistreatment of others. If he was marked it was because his behavior marked him.

Well, that's true. But it doesn't mean that all people stop disliking You for being in the wrong place, as i mentioned. I just thought that Drake had changed enough from his angry self in the past to be accepted by now.

I don't agree, Robin. As long as he doesn't take responsibilty, no one is gonna believe him. I have seen people be a complete ass and then given opportunities to come back.

Ok.. um, well, i have seen him being responsible. Maybe we've seen different sides of him then Naleena.

I agree. Steel has been the best Administrator by far. He, in my opinion, balances freedom of speech with protecting people on the forum. He doesn't act like a dictator and when necassary he doesn't back down from standing up for others. I have seen him allow people back that have insulted him. He is fair, honest and patient. Quite frankly, I wouldn't want such a thankless job.

He's also in his thirty's. That's how a person his age is supposed to be. Thankless? I think people mention how good he is quite often. That's at least some form of gratitude.

I sure hope this doesn't become some Nazi forum. There are two chat rooms, as there were before. It's apparent where the hate is coming from.

Yeah, it is. It's not the staff members who are nazis, that's the whole point of being hard on those who don't behave...

This is pretty simple: A) There is another chat room if you don't care for the main chat and B) there is an "ignore" function in the main chat. If you don't like someone, or like what they have to say, simply click the "ignore" button. The moderators will handle any potential situations as they arise, as they see fit.

An insufficient truth. What we've had has never been enough, that's why bad behavior roams relatively freely here. The worst members we've ever had stuck along for many months because they amazingly had people supporting their behavior, scaring the mods enough to ignore it. That's what i mean with the need for harder mods.

I don't want anyone who doesn't deserve it to get taken care of, why would i ? I, like so many others, wants the ones who misbehave to get their lesson straight away. There are no unbiased staff members here. Bluey was as close to it as anyone has ever been, but he also let too much crap slip through, in my opinion.

- A mod knows the person who misbehaves and blames it on the person having a bad day = no lesson learned, and everyone present suffering for it.

- A mod knows the friend of a misbehaving member, of whom the mod also is friends with and whom blames the person's misbehavior on a bad day, goes softer on the person because the mod risks loosing his/her friend while teaching the misbehaving member a lesson = no lesson learned, and everyone present suffering for it.

- A mod wants to do something about a popular and otherwise well-behaving member but backs off because of the person's past and/or because risking getting a bad rep him/her self in the act = no lesson learned, and everyone present suffering for it.

Just a few of the many problems that an admin and moderator alike faces quite often.

The fact that Drake is still here is a shining example. You know why? Because You guys complain about him, but don't do anything more than that. Why is he still here? Why wasn't he banned months ago, when he was far worse than he is now? Seriously, could You please answer these questions? I think lots of people would like some answers.

I think all staff members here are fantastic people. Amongst the very best i'll ever meet, no doubt. But being an admin/mod is more than about being a good person.

Drake, as i said earlier here, You've got no hard feelings from me. I'm just stating an example here. Trying to figure out why the current staff-stab seems as corrupted as the previous ones.

Robin[b said:
]... and why half the present members at the time, last time this came up, either aren't here anymore or lost something so valuable to them that they sure don't seem as glad to come here anymore.[/b]

It's interesting to see You write a topic like this, makes me glad. Makes it seem like there's a certain amount of anger in people that, after it has come out, makes them blossom, so to say. Gives even me hope for the same one day, lol.

exactly...

VanillaCreme said:
There is another chat room.

no there's not hun, it's down ATM

Bluey said:
Drake my darling ;) I still have last say in that chat room. If you have any problems with what is happening in there then please PM me names and the reasons of your problems. I would rather sort any issue out with in a PM then go on instant chat with you as I find it to be moor controlled and constructive to sort out with in PM.

As with anyone if you have a problem with any mod or member that uses the chat box then pleas send me a PM stating your grievances.

If you have a problem with the way I run the chat box then you can send a PM to any of the forum mods or indeed bjarne him self. If any of the current admin are unhappy with the way I run things, i.e who I make mod in there then they have the power to remove that chat box and replace it with another that I am not admin of.

But as VanillaCreme has said we all ready do have a second one.

I think what your saying is we should have one like we have and maybe the second one should have moor rules. This may keep moor ppl happy.

Well I would Bluey, but honestly, tattling really isn't my style. If I have a problem with someone I tell them face to face, not to mention then it just becomes a matter of who's word do you believe, mine or there's? and it's an akward situation to put anybody in.

Yes, that's exactly what I'm saying. A second chat box where more rules are implimented and clear would be great...

Steel said:
Oh yes, let's not forget the member who randomly tells people to fresia off. Oh wait, isn't that you Drake?

I have every faith in the current chat room moderators, and I resent any implication that they are not fulfilling their job.

I was here when there were three chatrooms. I was actually a user of the room that Robin renamed "The Hateful Community" in a pique of spite. Of course I was, it was the only room that people actually went into - the other two rooms were always empty. Despite the fact that the room clearly stated that no one should get offended at the topics within, someone DID get offended, indeed, in a conversation I was a part of.

Often, when people complain, there is more to it than their simple words. I know this to the be the case here - simply put Drake, you got into an argument with someone who HAPPENED to be a moderator. Rather than be a man about it however, we have this post here. That, to me, is worse than being a "tattle", it's being downright deceitful.

Oh yes, and your point being? I think I adressed I used to do the exact same things.

Easy for you to say, you're hardly there any more, but please try not to take it so personally.

So what you're basically trying to say is, it wont work? At least if you make a second chat room, even if it's dead I'll sit there and wait for a decent human being to join..Does it cost money or something? I mean, really what's the harm in having a dead chat, plus who's to day it will always be dead again. Especially taking into consideration the fact that a lot of people dont like chat the way it is. If people chose to go to the jungle (main chat) when there's a warning of being offended, then that truly is there problem, I said that before and I'll say it again.

Well I'm glad you took my post as a personal vandetta, but to be completely honest with you I'm over the situation you're referring to. Rather than be a man about it Steel? Ouch. There's the disrespect I was talking about, what did I do to you to deserve to be talked to like that? Just so you know, I tried to talk to that person, on VARIOUS occasions civily and also apologize, I dont know your terms on acting like a man, but admitting when you're wrong is a characterstic in my opinion.

Naleena said:
OK, I really think this is a dig at mods..plain and simple. WHy? Like you said, I have seen you be one of these "arrogant, idiotic and down right perverted, sexual self-glorifying" whatever. How many times have you started fights and told people to fresia off and insulted them? But now you are gripping about the very thing you do? I agree there should be two rooms...which there are. Just don't go back to the one you hate so much if you get banned at the second one. BTW, you said somethinng to me about posting a story with no names and there you go doing it. Hypocritical, don't you think?
Oh yeah, those people in the chat ARE lonely people.

There ya go, the REAL reason you are posting this.

Yeah, yeah. Plainly you are digging at the mods.

to. ex. If there's an argument, if someone is being rude, hell even if someone needs to talk about there problems...after all isn't what this site is about? Anyway my friends, back to the topic at hand.

This doesn't even make sense. For example what? Doesn't make sense.

LOL!!! RFLMAO!!!!!!!!! RFLMAO again!!!!!!!!!!!!

I will **Coughs-bullshit**

OMG, a shred of truth.

Uh of course it is, I've cleary said I dont like the way most of them handle them selves, but I also cleary said I dont have a problem with it if there's another chat room made. How many times have I started fights lol? Honestly I dont remember, but I truthfully say it has to be under 5, I dont go around looking to start honeysuckle with people, but people to tend to get angry, offended and down right defensive when I tell the truth, this thread is a perfect example. You're taking this way too personally Nal. This is a thread about two chat rooms and the way certain mods act, I'm not talking down about them personally but wow, I sure seemed to be getting cut down don't I? Just another example of disrespect

lol @ the real reason, I dont pussy foot around, you all know me for someone who always says whats on his mind. Yeah, I obviously am, I've said that in the original post and now about 30 times in my responses. The fact of the matter is you all got too caught up in me saying the mods could do a better job and took it personally, then chose to ignore my request for a second chat room.

Oh wow nal, simply just laughing at me and calling my post bullshit? Please someone mark down even more disrespect being shown by someone who's very highly looked up to on this website. A shred of truth? I'm one of the most honest people on this website, event he people that hate me will agree with me there, please stop insulting me. If I have a problem with you why in gods name would I take it to Bluey? But just for the record, I dont have a problem with you, you're never in chat, which really discredits you backing up how the mods act anyway lmao

Robin said:

Yeah you're absolutely right, and truthfully I deserve to be marked. All of which is completely irrelevant to the thread though. I can't belive you just said the staff members have always been perfect, I assume you meant to say "haven't" correct?

I'm glad you see it that way, because it's completely wrong to be "marked" especially by people who have powers, and chose to abuse them. You're exactly right it would have never been created and chat was a much better place, holesome, caring and just down right friendly and I thank you for that, I was just too ignorant to realize how nice it was. I guess you never know what you have until it's gone.

Skorian said:
Drake don’t even try to say you suddenly “magically” changed. That just isn’t realistic. No one expects you to.

I can see your feeling sorry for yourself, which I have nothing against at all.

The problem is your trying to dismiss your own guilt and dismiss the things you have done. You’re trying to displace that guilt onto others. No one made you do anything, so don’t think you can shift the focus or the blame onto others. I mean, we all affect one another, but that is no excuse. Reality simply has consequences and you need to decide you will accept what you have done and go forward from there. Don't try to make yourself look good and like the victim when you victimize others.

You can't squirrel out of anything Drake, people have memories and you seem to want to avoid the real issues and try to find some back door to get away with things. This is at least what it looks like to me. There really are no excuses man.

Now you’re not the only one.

As far as religious arguments go. Not everyone in this world agrees with everyone else. It’s just a fact of life, just like the sun rising and setting. If people didn’t disagree, no one would learn anything.

Well you're right in this case, I didn't just magically change, but I do want to act like a better human being, grow up per say. You've always had a vendetta against me anyway seemingly based on maybe one or two occasions in chat where I was acting like an idiot. So please dont try to act like you know me.

Holy...sweet jesus, I am in no way shape or form trying to act like an angel here. Why do you think I completely put myself down in the orginal post, to make it clear that I wasn't trying to dismiss what I've done in the past. Of course I accept consequences of my actions, for you to imply that someone can just ignore them is rather absurd.

Exactly Wha are you referring to? How am I tryign to "squirrel" out of things? And what in gods name are the real issues here? Are you referring to me personally?

Yet again, the point of the thread was missed and this person just used an opportunity to talk down on me, question my integretiy and look down on me.

Naleena said:

lol you want to talk about hate? That's truly ironic, nothing in this thread involved you at all until you chose to post talking down on me and being disrespectful. Seems someones a little bitter, You're not mod on the forum and you haven't been in chat for at least a month, I'd like to think you would dismiss yourself from my original comments but I guess you think I'm out to get you.

A) There obviously isn't, you apparently haven't tried to go to it.
B) Oh really? Then I guess the same can be said for ignoring me, you guys sure had a lot to say about all the horrible things I've doen, why didn't you just ignore me? but when it comes down to me talking about others acting rudely, it's as simple as "ignore" that's rich.

Robin said:
Skorian said:

Um, since i was complementing both Drake, Bluey and Steel i don't know how You turned it into the opposite. What i said about Bjarne is true, and as i've said a hundred times before (although obviously left out this time) it's because he's so very busy elsewhere.
Robin said:
The staff members here have always been perfect, because the admins who've been in charge here through the years said so. Otherwise they wouldn't be staff members. That's how it always has been and how it always will be.
I was just making observations. I don't really see this as a complement so to speak. It's kind of bashing everyone who is in an authority role. Just for being in that role. Sort of like no one dares question them, but they questioned you. I think your talking only from hurt feelings and denying the truth. I haven't talked much to minus, but they don't seem to be stuck up at all. You on the other hand seek a sort of perfectionism that is an illusion. You need to shatter that illusion completely. It is leading you astray.

Perfectionism exists to perfectionists. Relative. A "style".

It doesn't matter if it exists. There is no such thing as perfection. It's a total illusion. Every coin has two sides of equal value. How can anything be perfect if it has a negative side of the same value as the positive? Many perfectionists do a crappy job and can't see it, because they are so focused on one aspect of things that they block out other important aspects. Which might lead to a stuck up attitude of "I am better then you" and can lead to hurt feelings. As it is easy to hide behind the idea that we are better then others. As long as you think perfectionism is an acceptable style, you won't be as inclined to see it for what it really is and allow it to prevent growth. We can't learn without both positive and negative things. Over focusing on one side of things leads to "severe" ignorance. I don't mean this as an attack; I just think you need to challenge yourself. Maybe I am wrong, just trying to point out what I seem to see.

For that matter Skorian, what do You know about me anyway? How can You tell whether i'm numb or clear-headed? Seems rather unnecessary, what You said.

I don't know much, just trying to make the best observations I can. I didn't say much before. Sooooo. I guess you will choose if it makes you angry or you listen. And I don't claim to know diddly, just I try too.

Oh joy.... more arguing. :(

I dont want to argue either, so please lets just spare each other. You can feel free to respond to my post, since I got to respond to yours and I'll read it, but say nothing else in return.

As far as further chats. I think the only real solution as I mentioned like a month ago would be to find another additional chat that has extremely restrictive word filters in place. That is about the only real way to remove people’s abilities to abuse one another. Even that isn't perfect. I haven't seen one in a long time so have no clue where to look, but they do exist somewhere in cyberspace. As I seem to recall around the time I ran across this chat was when I was mucking around in (German?) websites. It was over there somewhere. It was really something, soooo many words couldn't be said.

This at least would make it very hard to blame a mod for not being perfect. And serve the function of reducing abuse in a chat room.

Drake, me and you, we're cool peeps. But I have to admit, you do the very thing you claim to dislike. Nice that you changed your ways, but no one else has to. When you break it down, we're adults. And adults can talk about anything they want. We can have adult content in conversations. We know sometimes there are minors in there, but we don't have to tip-toe around things.

To anyone who gets offended over what that particular chat room has to offer, if you don't like what it's offering, turn it down. Just don't go. Or go when the conversation is more of your taste. No one forces you to go in there, and no one forces you to stay once you are in there. No one makes you respond or reply to what's being said. If you don't like what's being talked about at any given moment, go eat a sandwich, watch some TV and then come back. Perhaps the conversation will be different when you return.

I'll apologize ahead of time for ever offending anyone. But I refuse to apologize for what I say. I'm sorry for hurting anyone's feelings, but not for my thoughts. Not everyone is the same. And people can't go around honestly expecting others to change and to fit into their mold of what's morally right or wrong.

VanillaCreme said:
Drake, me and you, we're cool peeps. But I have to admit, you do the very thing you claim to dislike. Nice that you changed your ways, but no one else has to. When you break it down, we're adults. And adults can talk about anything they want. We can have adult content in conversations. We know sometimes there are minors in there, but we don't have to tip-toe around things.

To anyone who gets offended over what that particular chat room has to offer, if you don't like what it's offering, turn it down. Just don't go. Or go when the conversation is more of your taste. No one forces you to go in there, and no one forces you to stay once you are in there. No one makes you respond or reply to what's being said. If you don't like what's being talked about at any given moment, go eat a sandwich, watch some TV and then come back. Perhaps the conversation will be different when you return.

I'll apologize ahead of time for ever offending anyone. But I refuse to apologize for what I say. I'm sorry for hurting anyone's feelings, but not for my thoughts. Not everyone is the same. And people can't go around honestly expecting others to change and to fit into their mold of what's morally right or wrong.

Vanilla, really if people are using adult sort of behavior they need to have the ware with all to take it to a private room and not just muck up everything for everyone else. Even if no one else is there, it is the respectable thing to do. To do otherwise is about like arguing it's ok to drop ones pants in the middle of the super market, just because they feel like it. And then if people don't like it to come back and shop later.

Steel. I saw this when I came back here a month ago and really think people need to work on and decide on official rules so "everyone", including those who enforce rules, have some guide to go by. Those rules can be fine tuned, but just "behave" doesn't really cut it. Something that most people can agree on.

I honestly think at one point "rules" were taken too far and the opposite extreme really isn't the answer either. I know there are unspoken rules, but they really need some official state.

For starters I would put insults and spaming on there. Maybe even start a list of what are insults.

Skorian said:
VanillaCreme said:

Vanilla, really if people are using adult sort of behavior they need to have the ware with all to take it to a private room and not just muck up everything for everyone else. Even if no one else is there, it is the respectable thing to do. To do otherwise is about like arguing it's ok to drop ones pants in the middle of the super market, just because they feel like it. And then if people don't like it to come back and shop later.

Steel. I saw this when I came back here a month ago and really think people need to work on and decide on official rules so "everyone", including those who enforce rules, have some guide to go by. Those rules can be fine tuned, but just "behave" doesn't really cut it. Something that most people can agree on.

I honestly think at one point "rules" were taken too far and the opposite extreme really isn't the answer either. I know there are unspoken rules, but they really need some official state.

For starters I would put insults and spaming on there. Maybe even start a list of what are insults.

No we don't. And I'm not going to. It's a conversation. If someone doesn't like the conversation at hand, ignore it. Some people, like myself, can have an adult conversation without being immature. Some people, like myself, can laugh and have fun about adult situations. I'm not 12, and I'm not going to act 12 because someone tucks their tail between their legs and runs off.

What's even more so respectable is if people stop going around telling others what to say. I may talk about adult issues, but I've never been rude to anyone. Rudeness I don't like. Being mean to someone about an issue I don't like. However, mature, adult conversation doesn't fall into those categories.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back