solitude...

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Melanie

Reaction score
I feel cold and empty.
There are people in my life, but i do not know how to let anybody in. I have convinced myself that people do not care for me, when in reality I am too deep in solitude. Will I forever be doomed to a life of utter isolation because I have put up so many inner barriers?

Trusting others can be dangerous water to swim in, I know.
It seems to be a gamble, but something we learn is that life is never a "sure thing".
There are always risks to be taken if we want to gain, because life won't "come to us"- or be handed to us- to be lived, we have to go out and get it, or it will pass us by.

So start with letting yourself in... light a little candle inside the cold dark empty places. Become your own good friend, and then you might find it easier to open up to others a little more.
Just my own opinion.
Glad you are here with us.

Nah, you were right the first time. People don't care.

And if they do, they're pretending to.

Liapos... >_>

I agree with Sola. Become friends with yourself. It may sound silly, but if you trust yourself, you may start to learn how to trust others, and let them in. Believe me it's hard, but there are people who do care. But you'll never know until you let them care for you.

A fine line between solitude and cabin fever.

Yes, if I want to be doom. It's a garantee..

To succeed..will, that takes a lot of hard work..willingness and inner strength.
And it's not a garantee that you'll suceed...
Like freaken gravity...there's alway going honeysuckle that'll try to pull you down.
so...stop pulling yourself down..that makes it harder to fly or to spread your wings.
Take baby steps...make a simple plan.. and take actions.

Be like water or Air...Water or Air bend and flex it's way around obstical and keep on flowing.

Who gives a fresia if people cares or not...okay it's cut and dry...Do it for yourself.
Pretend like you are raising and loving a child....You are that child.
Be a good parent to that child inside of you....Fragile , handle with care.
Love that child, encourage that child. Make freinds for that child. Do things for that child.
Have fun for that child. Laugh for that child. Be happy for that child.
And for crying out loud...stop punishing that child and enough of the restrictions already.
Yeah..take down the wall for that child.

Not trying to get holy rolling on ya. Lets said ...You're a child of god.
Would you not honor a child of god ?
Would you not treat a child of god with the ulmost respect and love ?
Corny...??? probably....oh well. Lighten up.

it's like a process...you'll learn to have a good relationship with yourself...
You learn how to be patience with yourself..You'll learn to forgive yourself, You''ll learn how to beliving in yourself.
You'll learn how to love and care yourself. You'll learn how to have compassion for yourself.
All of the lessons you learn within yourself...a relationship with another person or others is just an extension
of the same principles you had practice within yourself.

You can't give what you don't have...

well...when you heal or after you get yourself back...You'll feel better about yourself.
mmm...true there's mean people in this world.
you'll just never mind them or not worry so much about them or what they say or think...
With better self esteeme...you'll make better decisions and won't be as desperate.
mmm...maybe one of these days...I won't feel so guity to say to certain people that hurted me...
"fresia you, I don't need that honeysuckle"......

No one can FIX you...you live with yourself 24/7's.
You know what you feel...you know what you think. You understand yourself more than anyone.
You are the best person in the position to heal and love yourself.
To thy ownself be true.
Know thy self.

VanillaCreme said:
Liapos... >_>

I agree with Sola. Become friends with yourself. It may sound silly, but if you trust yourself, you may start to learn how to trust others, and let them in. Believe me it's hard, but there are people who do care. But you'll never know until you let them care for you.

What? You think people actually care? Hah.

People who think they care for others are either pretending, or fooling themselves. :p

Melanie said:
I feel cold and empty.
There are people in my life, but i do not know how to let anybody in. I have convinced myself that people do not care for me, when in reality I am too deep in solitude. Will I forever be doomed to a life of utter isolation because I have put up so many inner barriers?
I too have put up barriers from certain people I know, but if I meet someone for the first time, I do give them a chance. Not all people don't care and just look out for themselves. I now tend to trust my instinct alot more than I used to, and that can go both ways.

Its alright to keep your guard up around people, cause people out there try to screw you over sometimes. But not all the time people are trying to mess you up, everyonce in a while you meet someone who actually cares. So its alright to let your guard down and get to know some people. There is a chance that you might not make friends with the right person and it happens, but you cant let that make you afraid of meeting people just because one or two people you met and became friends with werent the best people. You gotta move on and meet more people cause if you let that make you afraid of meeting people, the right people to make friends with might be out there and you just might pass them by and not realize it. Go with your gut feeling.

Melanie said:
I feel cold and empty.

I guess you are very young. I think the most precious thing in life is time. Please, believe me, the greatest regret in my life is that I did not take the initiative to look for that kind of people that would help me and wait in expectation for they come to me.
I wish you not to do the same thing. If you feel people around you don't help, you may go to a good psychotherapist. I did it, I think too late. You will be amazed of how wrong your vision about life was and what REALLY matters.
All the best.

... and welcome.

I have a friend who have two person who do not trust him at all and the relationship did not work out.It just took a careless conversation to spark a quarrel between my friend and them.

So am I telling you to trust all the time?No,my answer would be trusting the right person.Normally people who gossiped and backstabbers are people that trust need to be carefully given.

Latest posts

Back