Hello everyone - from a lonely soul

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeremi

Reaction score
I google'd "I'm so lonely", and found this site. Guess that says a lot right there.

My Name is Niclas, and I live in Sweden. I'm 20 years old and I'm currently studying to be a teacher. Yeah you heard me! A teacher

My life is pretty much here, in front of my computer. It's all I have. I haven't had a real friend since... god, have I ever had a real friend? I'm not really sure

I think to myself every day, "what did I do wrong? Everyone else seem to have millions of friends. Why don't I have any? What did I do wrong?". I grew up like a normal child. Never had any problems. Very nice parents. I had friends when I started school, like any other child. Around the end of grade school, friends started hanging out with other friends. I had my "friends" in school, but every day the school ended, I was lonely. When high school started, I had no one. I bumped into some friends from grade school occationally, nothing but casual talk. I found some people to hang out with in high school, people I liked, but at this time I had started to "shield" myself from others, because I was so afraid that they would find out that I didn't have any friends. I didn't know that I did it back then, but now I realise it. No one got close. High school ended with 0 friends.

Thanks to my work, I've managed to work up my social skills to acceptable levels. Spending 8 hours a day behind a counter with another person really gets the casual talk going. Not to mention all the customers you have to entertain. I've gotten loads of confidence, and I see myself as a master of casual talk :)

I try to always smile when I'm around people. I'm always pretending to be happy. I don't want ANYONE to find out that I'm just a lonely person without any friends. But I'm tired of telling people "ummm, nothing special", when they ask me what I did last weekend. Tired of lying. My life is nothing but a very fragile wall that never break

Hello everyone. I know how you feel ^_^

Hello I just wanted to say that im new here and I typed lonely on google too! lol, well life has a way of slowly making us feel better, if we let it,you did nothing wrong, never think that!,its just that some people dont understand people like us,what i mean is we are nice very friendly sensitive types, we are like a different species from them!,one thing is for sure you are not lonely here, we are all in the same boat!.
God Bless;)
Jeremi said:
I google'd "I'm so lonely", and found this site. Guess that says a lot right there.

My Name is Niclas, and I live in Sweden. I'm 20 years old and I'm currently studying to be a teacher. Yeah you heard me! A teacher

My life is pretty much here, in front of my computer. It's all I have. I haven't had a real friend since... god, have I ever had a real friend? I'm not really sure

I think to myself every day, "what did I do wrong? Everyone else seem to have millions of friends. Why don't I have any? What did I do wrong?". I grew up like a normal child. Never had any problems. Very nice parents. I had friends when I started school, like any other child. Around the end of grade school, friends started hanging out with other friends. I had my "friends" in school, but every day the school ended, I was lonely. When high school started, I had no one. I bumped into some friends from grade school occationally, nothing but casual talk. I found some people to hang out with in high school, people I liked, but at this time I had started to "shield" myself from others, because I was so afraid that they would find out that I didn't have any friends. I didn't know that I did it back then, but now I realise it. No one got close. High school ended with 0 friends.

Thanks to my work, I've managed to work up my social skills to acceptable levels. Spending 8 hours a day behind a counter with another person really gets the casual talk going. Not to mention all the customers you have to entertain. I've gotten loads of confidence, and I see myself as a master of casual talk :)

I try to always smile when I'm around people. I'm always pretending to be happy. I don't want ANYONE to find out that I'm just a lonely person without any friends. But I'm tired of telling people "ummm, nothing special", when they ask me what I did last weekend. Tired of lying. My life is nothing but a very fragile wall that never break

Hello everyone. I know how you feel ^_^

Hi... sounds like me... I didn't make any friends in school either. I'm 21.. also spend all my "life" in front of the machine... I'm just another device attached to the PCI bus. :)

I often have the thought, that I could make a chatbot that would get online and say "hi" and reply to simple questions... while I kill myself... and nobody would realize that I'm dead... for years. :D

Do you code?

BTW, Jeremi, why is your nick Jeremi even though your name is Niclas!!

angel_light said:
we are like a different species from them
Yes... I always felt that way.. that I'm a different species from the rest humanity. And other humans can actually "sniff" it, and this way they know to avoid me.

Also it's true that many people become lonely simply because they are too sensitive. There is too much aggression and rudeness out there. I learned to be hostile too, but this doesn't get me any friends... just protects me from being bullied. It's like putting up a shield around yourself.

PS: it seems that most people (incl. me) found this place by typing "I'm so lonely" into google... :p

Latest posts

Back