Help me get out of my house?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Adam88

Reaction score
Right now I'm supposed to be at school(dental school)attending a very important lecture, but instead I'm hiding in my house because I’m too ashamed of how I look that I feel like everyone is judging me.
At school, I’m hated. I’m always alone setting in the back rows by myself with no one to talk to. I feel like a freakish hideous monster.:(
To make things worse, I have a crush on this girl so I care too much about what she thinks of me(in my case, how she looks at me) that I spend an hour in front of the mirror….to end up feeling even more uglier.:(

I can’t go on living in shame and fear. But I don’t see any hope in the future. I think I’m going to kill myself soon

Please help me

I myself do not even look good and I really envy those who looked better than me.(And there are so many people who looked better than me.)

But what can I do?For me,I just go on living my life.Because if I killed myself,people who are close to me would suffer emotionally.

Hallo there Adam. Let me welcome you here to ALL (A lonely life) :)

What SilentThinker said is right. If you go kill your self how is that going to make your mum and dad feel? It is one of the most selfish acts you can do. Every time its christmas they well think of you and feel pain. The same with your birthday and the date you would had killed your self on. Pain like that never goes away. The ppl who love you well feel they have let you down. Could you really do that to the ppl you love and who love you? I know you may even fight with your loved ones. God knows I do. But just cos we fight dose not mean we love each other any less.

OK so you are contemplating suicide. There for the way I see it is you have nothing to lose. You definitely have a social forbear if your anxiety of the way you look is stopping you from going out. You should go and tell your doctor what you have told us here. Have you told anyone who knows you in real life? You need to deal with this. Sounds like your going into a good career here. It would be a shame to lose out on something like that over something that you know really is not all that important. It is to you obviously but I would Guss that to everyone else they don't care how you look. Only that your a friendly person. And in your 2 posts you have made on here you have posted nothing that would make me think you was not friendly.

You know I had a problem for many years that stopped me from going swimming. I have a bad deformity that normally is covered up pretty good fro cloths. But to go swimming was a big problem. And I know for a fact that ppl look. But you know I don't think anyone thinks bad of me cos of it. It was just me that stopped me from going. Now I don't care and I go now and have fun.

This should not stop you from going out into the world. There is always going to be someone that looks and acts cooler. Its just the way it is. But a lot of the time the real cool peps are not that good a friend to have anyway. Am sure you would make a great friend if you just gave your self a chance. Ask the doctor for some help and be honest with him. Am sure he/she well be a lot moor understanding then you think. social forbear is a lot moor common then you think.

Hey Adam, welcome to the forum.
Maybe the way you look has nothing to do with the fact that people don’t talk to you. It could just be that you lack self-confidence and people sense your own negative feelings and as a result are wary of approaching you. You’re probably way more aware of how you look than anyone else is. Most people notice things about themselves that they wouldn’t even notice on somebody else.
Try getting out of the house, somewhere where you won’t feel too much pressure like just a walk or something. For those rude enough to stare at you hold you’re head up and stare them right back in the eye. They’ll soon look away. Then you can congratulate yourself on being far more sensitive and caring than they are ever likely to be!
As for school, it’s a small part of your life. Struggle through with it because soon you’ll be out and you’ll have your qualifications and won’t have to go near it again.
Take care.

Looks can be changed. Also it doesn't sound like people actually hate you, I mean, are they chasing you home with pitchforks and torches or constantly trying to throw a tarp over you or something?

Unacceptance said:
Looks can be changed. Also it doesn't sound like people actually hate you, I mean, are they chasing you home with pitchforks and torches or constantly trying to throw a tarp over you or something?

Do NOT mix indifference with hatred. Unless they, like Unacceptance suggested, are chasing you down then don't sweat it. I can promise you they do not hate you.

As for the girl you like....don't let it affect you so much. I know from experiance (and I bet a lot of us know) that letting a crush get on your mind too much will drive you nuts. I know it's hard, but try not to worry so much about it. Just be yourself.

Find happiness in small things. Enjoy the weather, go for a walk, look at the stars at night, it isn't all bad. School and being insecure about how you look is a difficult combo to deal with, but don't let it effect your life so much. Set your sights on the future and your possible career. Set a goal and go for it!

Do your best. We're all rooting for you.

Latest posts

Back