Bah

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Phyxi

Reaction score
Today I had trouble walking outside to check the mailbox. I felt like the people in the cars driving past were going to criticise me because of my physical appearance. I usually have trouble stepping outside to go somewhere (such as the mall, or to a bar with friends), but I've never had trouble checking the mail before.

I don't know what to do with my self-esteem.. it's just completely gone to the shits.

(Sorry. Just needed to let that out).

You sound just like me... I wonder If anyone has any good advice, because I need it too :D

lol i think i have seen pics of you both in the pictures thread and **** i dont understand whats wrong. LOL you both need to check your eyes. lol seriously, both are extreme goodlooking..

I have to agree with Sanal. Both of you are very goodlooking.
But I also know that that doesn't have to have anything to do with shyness and low selfesteem...
I am sorry, maybe I shouldn't post here, because I don't have any answers for you.
But I just wanted to tell you that you are both beautiful people, and one of you I know well enough to say beautiful both outside and inside....

Here, have a hug you two : HUGGGGGGGS

Just remember, someone does care, somewhere, somehow, I have learned that.

mmm...Maybe try self help books or google on the subject.
One of the books i have is " reclaiming your selfesteem"...Striaght up. lol
There's good readings in there...but there's also worksheets or suggestion.
Steps or actions you can take to change your life and have good self esteem.

yeah...get out of the house more often.
You adjusted to the cave. I pretty much isolate myself for almost a year.
Being around people gave me the creeps or all kinds of crap ran through my head...(negative honeysuckle.)
It's a process ....it took me a week to just make it to the park. (2 blocks from my house...lol)
I had to make myself sit there for hours. Eventaully I was able to jog and ride my bike around the park.
Eventaully i was able to return to work...the first couple of weeks i felt like I was going to throw up being around people.
Eventaully I was able to flirt with the women..lol
Eventaully I was able to attend meetings...Sit in a room full of people and say whatever the hell it is that's bothering me.
Eventaully i was able to talk to people one on one about my personal issues..such as my sponsor.

Eventaully there's 2 **** women given me the beat down and confront me straight up on my problems.
They made me fucken cried like a fucken baby....tearing down my walls...lol
I'm a guy....the bad boy type. Freaken 2 babes making me cried, ******* up my honeysuckle, and getting me to open up...lmao
But it's okay....if I can experince that...it's healing . Another paradox...it increase myself esteem or reduces my shyness.

I had to get out of my comfortzone (as comfortiable as it maybe...it's not healthy).
It felt like i was going to die at first...lol The sunlight burnt my **** skin..( I turned in a vampair...lmao)
An analogy...it's sort of like taking the first step into a hot tube....At first you're like....ouch !!!
But once you get in the tub...you're like yeah...feels good.

Kind of like SEX...:p
sometimes when she bites at first...you're like Ouch !!!!...but feels good...lmao

Anyway...being able to laugh at myself and not take everythig so seriously all the time is good
medician or rasing my self esteem. It's a paradox...once i can laugh at myself...it's healing
and almost self forgiveness.

Once i can laugh at myself, well...fresia, I'm not beating up on myself anymore and
i don't worry too much what people thinks about me anymore = good selfesteem.

What people thinks about me is none of my bussiness anywho...

It a process and it just takes practice.

if I allowed myself to laugh at myself...Heck i can surely allow myself to be happy.
Give myself permission to be happy. Building blocks....ya know what I'm saying.

I do not think that I am handsome.I could pick up kids on the street and they are either cuter or more handsome than me.Dun worry about what people think of you because most people are thinking about themselves.

take little steps. you're probably suffering from a bit of social anxiety. try to analyze the situation and figure out what's bothering you. talk to someone if possible.

Thanks for the advice, guys.
I just need to start working on and addressing this issue, methinks. I'm glad that there are people here that care. :) Thankyou.

Phyxi said:
Today I had trouble walking outside to check the mailbox. I felt like the people in the cars driving past were going to criticise me because of my physical appearance.

Why would they do that, whats wrong with you?

Sometimes when im out running people honk at me, idk wtf their problem is, but if they are making fun of me they can just kiss my ass. I dont really care what they think.

Unacceptance said:
You are greatly underestimating the apathy and uncaring that the majority of the populous has.

People these days are only capable of thinking about themself.
I wish I grew up a generation ago, I think I would ahve been much happier.

i agree phyxi i don't think anyone would be critical of your apperance, you look great i mean you look to be in good shape, you're not overwieght no acne. there are thousandss of adolescnt teens that would give up their kidneys to trade bodies with you

try not to be so critictal of yourself i know it's hard, but it gets easier,

also these are people driving by in cars you've never met them and chances are you probably won't even encounter them again, so why you even bother yourself over there thoughts

don't worry about what people think becuase they seldom do

:p

I always think I'm not attractive either, even though I get compliments all the time from guys.....okay, they're mostly old men, but that still counts!! LOL

But yeah, everytime I am around other girls, I always feel that they are prettier than me and feel so "blah"...

For what it's worth (not much) I seem to have spent half my life listening to attractive girls go on about how unattractive they are. In the mean time, girls who (I have to admit it) have very little going on for them physically, go out and have endless fun.

I even said, after listening to a girlfriend whining about how much she hated herself, 'What about (mutual unattractive friend)? If you are so hideous that you have to mope about, being slim and pretty, her life must be pretty well not worth living. She has the figure of a zeppelin and a face that mirrors run screaming from. If you go out with her she's a laugh a minute and she always has a boyfriend.'

We all have serious body image issues, I think.:)

Latest posts

Back