Lonely at home

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SilentThinker

Reaction score
After my grandmother has been sick,my mother has been away from home for quite some time.

At night,she would talk about her little trips from the visit.When she found out any problems I have,she seems like making a big fuss about it.

Feel really lonely because my mother is always at home but now she is away.Been going to the arcade too much because I really have nothing to do at home.

Now she threatened to cut off my money and I am a bit pissed off right now.

HAY! Dude, I really sympathise with you.

I have no one at home when I wake and there is no one in day or night. In fack I have very few ppl come visit me at home. Prob my mum once a week and a cousin once a week. I don't work or have college but yes them little things that other ppl talk about on a day to day bases do make a big difference.

Maybe if I was you I would be honest with your mum and explain why you been heading off to the arcade. Even if your a little embarrassed to admitting your missing her I think the truth might be worth it.

Anyway don't let it get to you if you can and try and keep your self busy on here and music and stuff you know.

Bluey said:

I have no one at home when I wake and there is no one in day or night. In fack I have very few ppl come visit me at home. Prob my mum once a week and a cousin once a week. I don't work or have college but yes them little things that other ppl talk about on a day to day bases do make a big difference.

Maybe if I was you I would be honest with your mum and explain why you been heading off to the arcade. Even if your a little embarrassed to admitting your missing her I think the truth might be worth it.

Anyway don't let it get to you if you can and try and keep your self busy on here and music and stuff you know.

I did try to explain to her but she gives reasons like,"Hey you should work.When you work,you will not be so bored." or "I asked your elder brother to come home earlier for you."

Honestly,if I really work,I won't tell my parents because they are cutting money here and there.If I found work,they will cut my pocket money and my salary would be pocket money.I dun mind working but working for such reasons really demotivated you.

My elder bro has a girlfriend and the time that he spent with me is only when he has nothing to do or I introduced new games to him.

i'm sorry you are lonely :(

you should go buy books :D they last much longer than arcade games >_> Though you dont have to be around people to read i guess.

But books last the longest.

You can buy a paperback for 12 dollars and it will last....a week perhaps?

Much longer than a movie which is only two hours long. And much much longer than arcade video games.

Do you go to school?

well there's also something called the library. There, the books are free! *falls over* It's amazing!

But naw I get what you're saying. My house is usually got some body walking in and out of it, and when it gets quiet and no one comes around I feel more alone.

My brother's friends surf and work for my dad sometimes, so they're always over here. I'm glad of that since my bro moved out a while back and I'd be an only child without all the traffic.

Try striking up conversatoins with people when you're out.

My bro's friend will talk to anyone. I am amazed. And people respond too. I've tried to do it but don't have the knack lol.

SilentThinker said:
Bluey said:

I did try to explain to her but she gives reasons like,"Hey you should work.When you work,you will not be so bored." or "I asked your elder brother to come home earlier for you."

Honestly,if I really work,I won't tell my parents because they are cutting money here and there.If I found work,they will cut my pocket money and my salary would be pocket money.I dun mind working but working for such reasons really demotivated you.

My elder bro has a girlfriend and the time that he spent with me is only when he has nothing to do or I introduced new games to him.

Dose not seem to be much of an incentive for you to work if the money you earn is going to be taken off you. I would not blame you for not saying how much you earned.

SophiaGrace said:
i'm sorry you are lonely :(

you should go buy books :D they last much longer than arcade games >_> Though you dont have to be around people to read i guess.

But books last the longest.

You can buy a paperback for 12 dollars and it will last....a week perhaps?

Much longer than a movie which is only two hours long. And much much longer than arcade video games.

Do you go to school?

Also this post gave me an idea. If you do like reading you could Jone a library. That would make it much cheaper and maybe you might meet other ppl in the library.

In any case try and be creative and keep your self busy in anyway you can. Loneliness sucks and I think it sucks moor the younger you are. Dose in the long run make you a stronger and moor independent person though :)

Solace said:
well there's also something called the library. There, the books are free! *falls over* It's amazing!

But naw I get what you're saying. My house is usually got some body walking in and out of it, and when it gets quiet and no one comes around I feel more alone.

My brother's friends surf and work for my dad sometimes, so they're always over here. I'm glad of that since my bro moved out a while back and I'd be an only child without all the traffic.

Try striking up conversatoins with people when you're out.

My bro's friend will talk to anyone. I am amazed. And people respond too. I've tried to do it but don't have the knack lol.

Reads you post after :rolleyes: Ok you say about the library has well lol

hey the library is even cheaper :D silly me, i shouldve thought of that. I just buy my books because I can never remember to return them on time to the library. >_> I end up racking up more fines than what the book is actually worth!

Its sad, i know.

SophiaGrace said:
I end up racking up more fines than what the book is actually worth!
Its sad, i know.

lol I would do that but only cos it would take me that long to read it. Am like the worlds slowest reader. My mum tho can read a book like supper fast.

SophiaGrace said:
hey the library is even cheaper silly me, i shouldve thought of that. I just buy my books because I can never remember to return them on time to the library. >_> I end up racking up more fines than what the book is actually worth!

Its sad, i know.

It's free here but now there is a policy that if you have unpaid fines,you cannot borrow any books.I am on a holiday too .

Bluey said:
lol I would do that but only cos it would take me that long to read it. Am like the worlds slowest reader. My mum tho can read a book like supper fast.

I have a fine to pay to borrow the books from the library or else I cannot lend any books.

Well, if you get a job somewhere, you'd have something to do and your own money.

Econamic times is really tough where I live, now.
Bussiness are closing left and right...even brand new buildings or new bussiness are shuting down.
Even a facility for helping children in need is closing down due to lack of funds.
Even conselors for other social services are getting laid off.

I have a part time job..but it's so so slow. I get paid under the table.
I take a friend with me. We share the pay.
I volunteered to work at a local food bank on monday and tuseday. I met some new people.

I'm planing on going for my usual 10 miles bike ride and then excersize later.
Probably have dinner and then attend meetings later tonight.

Not the partay hardie, fun, fun,fun life stlye I want it to be.
Trying to make the best with what I have at the moment.
I can't afford sit alone in my house and isolate....

VanillaCreme said:
Well, if you get a job somewhere, you'd have something to do and your own money.

School holidays going to end soon.Guess I will take up a job once another school holiday started.

Lonesome Crow said:
Econamic times is really tough where I live, now.
Bussiness are closing left and right...even brand new buildings or new bussiness are shuting down.
Even a facility for helping children in need is closing down due to lack of funds.
Even conselors for other social services are getting laid off.

I have a part time job..but it's so so slow. I get paid under the table.
I take a friend with me. We share the pay.
I volunteered to work at a local food bank on monday and tuseday. I met some new people.

I'm planing on going for my usual 10 miles bike ride and then excersize later.
Probably have dinner and then attend meetings later tonight.

Not the partay hardie, fun, fun,fun life stlye I want it to be.
Trying to make the best with what I have at the moment.
I can't afford sit alone in my house and isolate....

Sry to hear that.

Sorry to hear about what your grandmother is going through. It can be so stressful to just have family members do that to you. Just try your best to be there for your mother and let her know how you will be by her side through this.

I know you are pissed off at her, but do something out of the ordinary one day for her. Anything to just make it easier on herself when she gets home. I only think it would be best because if the worst does happen you would have been able to create one decent memory for your mother during such a bad time in her life. She won't forget about it and you might like the result in what you have done. That is, if it does create a good outcome.

DayvanCowboy said:
Sorry to hear about what your grandmother is going through. It can be so stressful to just have family members do that to you. Just try your best to be there for your mother and let her know how you will be by her side through this.

I know you are pissed off at her, but do something out of the ordinary one day for her. Anything to just make it easier on herself when she gets home. I only think it would be best because if the worst does happen you would have been able to create one decent memory for your mother during such a bad time in her life. She won't forget about it and you might like the result in what you have done. That is, if it does create a good outcome.

I talked to her about it that I really feeling lonely but nothing seems to be change.

Latest posts

Back