Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How important are physical characteristics?
Hey all...

For a long time I've been wondering how important physical characteristics are for attaction. What is it that makesd a guy come over and talk to you? It's nice to do a song and dance about 'it's what's inside that counts', but is that really the case?

I mean, I'm a 20 year old female and I've never been in a relationship. I've agonised over why that is. Part of me knows it's because I'm chronically shy, but part of me believes it's because I'm just not pretty enough. I don't have major self-image issues and have generally considered my self average. But lately I feel pressure to look like something out of Vogue whenever I attend a social gathering.

I have a close friend who does unfortunately look like a super model and guys instintively approach her first when we go out. It's disheartening to feel like the 'not so pretty' friend.

Maybe some younger men (and women) can enlighten me. Do men really want women who look like centre folds?

ADVERTISEMENTS
Unfortunately yes I think they do, Most of them anyway.

I never get girls look at me in that way. Am no modal and am small and walk with a limp. Girls don't mind being my friend but for there BF they wont the big tall and strong guy. Non of witch I am. I think girls and boys are the same and put to much enthercers on first impressions. To many ppl talk to one another just cos they think there good looking. We should learn to talk to one another be for we make judgement. Most of the time I don't think ppl are not bothered by what comes out of a persons moth and only care how they look.

Of course there are some ppl that or not this ignorant and its one of them girls I well hopefully find one day. And if I don't then I don't. Not much I can do about that really.
(((hugs))))
Girl,

No worries. Time will come and u will find ur guy.
In long term serious relationship, it's not all about looks but more about personality.
When time comes, u will find someone who u find connected with.

but if it's for short time one..... ah well~~~

Anyway ..... hugs

ADVERTISEMENTS
[Image: pureab7069f57c18784.gif]
You're right, Lingo, it is about connection. The problem is, I'll never know if there is a connection if no-one talks to me. I know I should do the approaching as well...but that's scary.

Bluey-I know many girls who don't nec go for the "tall, strong" guy. Is it a generalisation to think that guys more into looks than girls?
Smile hugss
U will know when the connection comes.
No worries. As for the approaching part, it's not really good if it is overly done it. Toungue
And ya.... it's scary.
Alex_leFay Wrote:Bluey-I know many girls who don't nec go for the "tall, strong" guy. Is it a generalisation to think that guys more into looks than girls?

Well I think both sexes are guilty on basing there attraction Solly on looks. I don't blame ether sex moor then the other. But ye I have made a generalisation but I can only go by my own experience and in my experience girls do go for guys a lot of the time in clubs for example be for the guy has even said anything. So that has to be Solly on looks.
Bluey Wrote:
Alex_leFay Wrote:Bluey-I know many girls who don't nec go for the "tall, strong" guy. Is it a generalisation to think that guys more into looks than girls?

Well I think both sexes are guilty on basing there attraction Solly on looks. I don't blame ether sex moor then the other. But ye I have made a generalisation but I can only go by my own experience and in my experience girls do go for guys a lot of the time in clubs for example be for the guy has even said anything. So that has to be Solly on looks.

It's true that not all girl go for 'tall and strong' guy.
and for serious relationship, i guess look isn't solely the reason.
As for fun stuff~~~ ya, I guess look is definitely top 1 in the list for both guys and girls, rite? Toungue
lingo Wrote:As for fun stuff~~~ ya, I guess look is definitely top 1 in the list for both guys and girls, rite? Toungue

I would say so ye, Not for me but for most guys and girls ye.

For me just someone that knows how to take care of there self but not Solly based on looks. In fact the most important thing for me is if she has the ability to make me laugh Smile She dose that and shes got me lol
I suppose, to be fair, the first thing you see is the physical, so it would make sense that an initial response is based on that.
Bluey Wrote:
lingo Wrote:As for fun stuff~~~ ya, I guess look is definitely top 1 in the list for both guys and girls, rite? Toungue

I would say so ye, Not for me but for most guys and girls ye.

For me just someone that knows how to take care of there self but not Solly based on looks. In fact the most important thing for me is if she has the ability to make me laugh Smile She dose that and shes got me lol

I guess making someone laugh is what everyone wants too. Toungue
Because it makes u feel connected with her
isn't it? XD

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How important are looks, to you ? Mountain stomper 90 16,981 06-12-2020, 03:50 AM
Last Post: TheSkaFish
  Physical contact on first dates Amelia 16 5,027 08-30-2017, 11:29 PM
Last Post: Richard_39
  How important is what I wear? Jesse 27 9,220 08-01-2017, 03:11 AM
Last Post: Richard_39
  Attraction. Physical or Mental ShybutHi 46 10,641 07-03-2017, 10:36 AM
Last Post: EmilyFoxSeaton
  How important is sex in a relationship? Maggie- 30 9,041 05-20-2017, 07:54 PM
Last Post: smarty24
  How important is it to be in a relationship in your 30s? Restless soul 98 25,248 12-20-2016, 09:14 AM
Last Post: GrayAndLonesome
  dilemma what to choose emotional attraction vs physical attraction planetlonely23 8 3,600 11-22-2016, 12:33 PM
Last Post: Tuathaniel
  Do you change your physical preferences? Peter.EU 20 6,151 07-08-2014, 05:05 PM
Last Post: ladyforsaken
  The Importance of Physical Attraction? Case 22 6,055 02-16-2014, 06:03 PM
Last Post: Alonewith2cats
  I'm afraid of physical affection but I want it badly surrealist 4 6,138 05-22-2013, 12:17 PM
Last Post: VanillaCreme