Can't Stop Thinking About Her

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Franky

Reaction score
Ok so I met this girl a couple of years ago and she used to like me and text me heaps...but we never really hung out in person, because i was too shy. We did eventually met up briefly and then after that she didn't really talk to me anymore. It hurt my feelings, i guess she just lost interest in me.

Then recently I saw her again at a friends wedding and she didn't really talk to me, which annoyed me...but then she sent me several texts the next day. For the next few months we exchanged texts every couple of days...but she just doesnt seem to want to know me in person. She actually said to me I don't think you'd like me if you knew me in person. It frustrates me because I think she's very attractive and I still can't get her out of my head. I had a go at her the other day for sending me pointless texts and never making an effort to know me in person and I haven't heard from her in a while. She seems to have a lot of friends and texts people a lot. Why is this person so fake and hides behind texting? and why text me if you dont want to be friends? It really hurts my feelings that people are like this...how am i meant to make friends with someone like this? ...sigh. I just wish i could get her out of my head and get over it.

Maybe she has lots of friends but that dose not mean she well be confidant with a guy. I think she could just be shy by the sounds of it.

Just keep sending the texts back and try and make it has fun has possible.

You never know whats in someone head. This would do my head in has well. Girls are weird lol I Guss they would say the same about us.

Just keep being there. You don't have to make a big effort. Just when she sends you a text just send a nice one back. And ask now and again if she would still like to meet up. If I liked her this is maybe how I would do it. But I hear your frustration man. You got to give her time by the sounds of it.

Edit, Oh and welcome here :)

I agree with Bluey.
Sometimes, girls just thought that the guy is not interested in you if he doesn't really have any 'reaction'. So, girls just try not to text him too much. Because she don't want you to see her as 'super glue'. :p
If you really like her, go and get it. Ask her out. Traditionally, it's always a guy's job to ask a girl out, isn't it?

Franky said:
Ok so I met this girl a couple of years ago...
I hate to be blunt, but if this behavior has been going on for years, I think you're better off letting go of her altogether.
I've been (and actually partially am again) in similar situations, although it didn't involve texting. It's totally frustrating, doesn't change, and prevents you from moving on.
I think she's keeping you on the run as 'insurance', but my guess is it's unlikely to come to anything if she has so many friends.
just my 2c worth
good luck
olg

sounds like she used you to kill her boredom and to get some male attention, that is what some girls do.

tell her to fresia off and delete her.

Thanks for the welcomes.

I actually havent heard from her in a week or so, so I probably wont be getting texts from her anymore. I sorta gave her the option of keep texting me and getting to know me in person or stop texting me and keeping the distance, and I havent really heard from her since. I'll probably bump into her again because we have mutual friends and live in the same town and I'll bet she'll start texting me again the next time I see her. Theres nothing I can do I guess...I mean if she just wants to talk to anyone and everyone and not care about peoples feelings then I just can't do a lot about it. I still think shes quite nice deep down if she would ever let me know her.

I mean I tried to ask her out earlier in the year, but she didnt seem that keen...and I cant go after someone if i dont know they interested or not. She is also kinda with someone else and she used to talk to me about him all the time...they spend a lot of time together and apparently they are just friends, but they have been more than that. So yeah maybe I am just backup or whatever. I'd love to know what is really on her mind.

I was being nice for several months Bluey, but then the frustration took over and I started to question why she was texting me...and she didnt really like that.

Franky said:
I'll probably bump into her again because we have mutual friends and live in the same town
Ah yes. Been there, and actually am there on one former pseudo-relationship. The mutual-friends thing always adds complexity.
Good luck & take care
olg

Errr...why dose any girls want to have contact with me ?
At some level she's interested in me....duh

Just ask her to go do something with you...consistantly, if you like her.
Don't giver her altimatum or ask questions like that...
You're spreading your doupt and you're getting her to second guess herself.

Some women like you to take the lead. Even if a woman asked me
out ...eventaully I'm going to have to take the lead. Everybody
have fears to an certain extent.

Just ask her to go do something. Spend time with her.
Be in the moment with her...stop asking so many deep questions.
Give her time to be comfortiable being around you.

mmm evidently she's has to be comfortible being with me at some level when I see her butt ass naked :p
And the last **** thing i wanna do is ask her why she's undressing for me...lmao

I really hope you can just move on and leave her alone. Keeping contact with this person is just going to torment you more and more. I have been in the exact same situation as you. It was very similar and I wish I could have just ditched her since she was nothing that she made herself to be in the beginning.

I hope, I really really hope, you can just gain the strength to stop interacting with her. She is just playing around. You ARE her backup. You ARE being used for attention.

As someone who is constantly in contact with a tormenting girl, I know what you mean. Just call her and ask her out. If she's not interested, then delete her number and forget all about her.

Yes, it's ironic I'm saying that. In my case I did delete her number, but she kept calling me =|

Latest posts

Back