Wow! Didn't know there was a place like this one...

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

solitude

Reaction score
Hi!

Didn't know such a place existed...

Lyrics from Sting 'Message in a bottle' comes to mind : 'Seems I'm not alone at being alone' ...

Be glad you can't hear me sing. I am a terrible singer!!

Well I'm new. I feel alone. Not that I am alone mind you. Have a family. Work that I simply love. I'm quite outgoing, and I love people. I like to joke around. I like to be serious too, and have really deep conversations.

What's the problem then? I don't know! I feel terribly alone at times. Can't communicate ---really communicate--- with anyone. I think there is nothing more terrible than feeling alone with a bunch of people around you...

Maybe this message doesn't make sense?

'I'll send an SOS to the world...' :)

Thanks for taking the time to read this.

S.

Hello Solitude.

What's the problem then? I don't know! I feel terribly alone at times. Can't communicate ---really communicate--- with anyone. I think there is nothing more terrible than feeling alone with a bunch of people around you...

I can relate so much to this. When I fell into a deep depression a couple of years ago I had friends and family around me that I thought would understand, but they never did. Going out with my so called buddies just made me more sad when I came home because they just didn't care to ask how come I changed so much. The thing is though is that I knew what my problem was. Hopefully you being here for a little bit can help you find any answers. There are lots of great people here that will listen.

Take care.

Hi, welcome...

One of my favorite songs

yeap...feeling alone in a crowded room full of people.
and don't stand so close to me...lmao

Intimatecy....or a spiritual connection ?

You wanna be a...... canari in a coal mine ? :p
Or...Save by zero ?
Or...Say a prayer for me now ?
Or...Borderline ?
Or...Doctor Doctor ?

solitude said:
Hi!

Lyrics from Sting 'Message in a bottle' comes to mind : 'Seems I'm not alone at being alone' ...

Well I'm new. I feel alone. Not that I am alone mind you. Have a family. Work that I simply love. I'm quite outgoing, and I love people. I like to joke around. I like to be serious too, and have really deep conversations.

S.

I can understand that. I do have a similar feeling, seeing as I do have my (horribly dysfunctional) family, and friends. Yet, I feel like no one understands me at all. I do have a job as well, but in my case, I hate it. The working environment here is stressful and full of bitchy people who only look at appearances. In that regard I miss my old job, but I'm searching for a new one so that's ok.

Anyway, welcome here. This place is great, and just reading what everyone here recommends helps a lot.

solitude said:
Hi!

S.

Hi there, and welcome to the forum. :)
OK, let's see...

1. You have a job you love
2. You have family (just need to learn how to connect with them)
3. You are outgoing
4. You have a good sense of humor
5. Not afraid to have deep conversations

lol, why did you say you were here?? :p Just kidding.
Looks like you have a lot going for you, but you need to learn how to reconnect and efficiently communicate with people. Will that solve your issue with being lonely? Who knows, but it can't hurt, now can it?:D
Oh, and the most important thing you have going for you...

You like The Police. 80's music ROCKS! :p lol

Hello Solitude. Your introduction makes perfect sense. Sometimes being alone is just about having a part of yourself which is not satisfied by those around you. I hope some of that feeling is alleviated here.:)

Thanks everyone for the welcome! :)

What I find amazing (and disturbing!)... so many people are no stranger to feeling lonely. Sometimes I think I should work harder and get busier. I do volunteer work too. To be any busier I'd have to give up sleep! I don't feel lonely on a daily basis. It depends! I haven't found the triggers yet. Maybe there aren't any? Or it's just a question of 'connecting with people'? I gather I'm well connected to my kids though. I have a great relationship with them. Well as good as it can get between a 16 and 17 y/o with their mom I guess? When I feel myself slip back into feeling terribly alone I work very hard to fight it. I'm hoping reading from other posters will help.

Thanks again!

Latest posts

Back