Some Facts to feel better about yourself

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zak

Reaction score
Just received this from someone

If you have never experienced the danger of war or the solitude of imprisonment, the agony of torture and hunger, you are much ahead of the 500 million people who live in this world.

If you have food in your refrigerator, clothes to wear, a roof on your head and a place to sleep, you are richer than the 75% of the people who live on this Earth.

If you can go to your place of worship without being threatened, arrested, tortured or killed, you are luckier than the 3000,000,000 persons of this world.

If you have money in your bank account and your wallet and some loose change in some little box, you are one of the world’s 8% well-to-do population.

If you are able to read this message, you have just received a double blessing…
one, someone is thinking about you…
two, you are not one of those 2000,000,000 people who are illiterate!

Work as if you have no need of the money.
Love as if nobody ever made you suffer.
Dance as if nobody is watching you.
Sing as if nobody is hearing you.
Live as if the Paradise were on this Earth.

There's a lot to think about.

Jeez, I even have enough food left over to support an animal that might have been eaten in another country. :( *hugs poor puppy*

And that's really true Una, there are worse people to be than yourself.

suddenly feel a little more grateful for what i do have, instead of frustated about what i don't have.

I am grateful for what I have, but I suppose material things just don't make me THAT happy.

Arnaert said:
I am grateful for what I have, but I suppose material things just don't make me THAT happy.

This. But I would guss in a country that has nothing and where ppl struggle to feed them self they could not understand this like we could.

In actual fact I think in a lot of ways when ppl do struggle it brings us together. Maybe that's why in the western world loneliness is so ripe. My nana lives in a 5 bedroom house with big gardens and two bathrooms all to her self. Am sure she gets lonely. Having money just means a bigger place to be alone in and moor sercuirty to keep the world out.

But I am grateful for not having to deal with this :(

[img=400x400]http://www.eyecatchypics.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/09/staving-boy1-1799.jpg[/img]

Sometimes it's easy to forget just how fortunate we are.

Great thread about the little things in our lives to be thankful for, though I did find it somewhat depressing that so many are illiterate and/or live in extreme poverty.

"I'd love to change the world, but I don't know what to do. So I'll leave it up to you."

"I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself. A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself."
By David Herbert Lawrence

Survival is the most courageous act of them all. We 'privileged few' easily forget this.

Extra prayers tonight.

3 billion people can't go to their place of without threat of being arrested, tortured or killed? That number doesn't seem right to me...

Paraiyar said:
3 billion people can't go to their place of without threat of being arrested, tortured or killed? That number doesn't seem right to me...

Maybe its not. I could not say.
I do know that the OP of this thread would have a lot more knowledge about that then me.

Here is a fact: 2.4 billion people do not have access to a toilet.
One billion dont have access to any sanitation.
Thats a big percentage considering there is only 7 billion people on the hole planet.

http://www.toilettwinning.org/serious-stuff/statistics/

I think sometime people in Weston countries dont know how some people live.
I sew a documentary once where they where saying that some people would live there hole life's out on a dump.
I mean a dump where you and me would go for a few minuets and dump what ever stuff we no longer wonted. A place that normally would have a weird smell and a place you and I would spend as little time has possible at.

Latest posts

Back