What do you miss about childhood?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Moments not having to worry bout future, moments where wounded knees were better than broken hearts, moments were dreams of growing up and being a man and doing great things were only a fictitious motivator. Now I realize "cake is a lie"

errr....
I have a $2000 remote control nitro car :p
I know how to make a spud gun....brute hair spray makes a good source of combustion fuel...lol
I have a stunt kite that I'll fly and make it do aerobatics
I have a fleet of remote control flying models that I can fly to make them do amazing aerobatic.
I started collecting sport cards at the age of 25
I had a figthing fish as a pet for almost 2 years, not too long ago.
I'll tape a baseball card to my bike every so often.
My e-gf would by me a model rocket kit and go with me to launch it.
I owned a couple of koat cars
Every once in a while I'll buy a colouring book for myself.
I have a collection of Hotwheels...over 3000-ea. I started collecting those a couple of years ago.
Anyway..the doctor and spiritual advisor said to relive my childhood

I definitely don't miss the headbanging business @ 5 years old.
I missed watching dad building rockets and luanching system for me. It didn't fly right..but oh will.
I missed going fishing with dad..even though he was wasted half of the time.
I missed dad teaching me how to make my first chord on my guitar.
I missed watching dad build me a FuzzBOX from scratch ..explaining to me about electronics.
I missed dad swing me around and/or giving rides on his shoulder.

Lonesome Crow said:
I know how to make a spud gun....brute hair spray makes a good source of combustion fuel...lol

Go to NAPA or the hardware store and buy a can of ether (starting fluid).

You will never use anything else again :p

Better yet, get a can of compressed air, too...like the kind for cleaning computers out...spray that in there, THEN a burst of ether. I bet it'd kick ass.

Being over at a friend's house and hiding in together in the closet trying not to giggle when my parents show up to take me home, hoping to stay longer.

Brian said:
Lonesome Crow said:

Go to NAPA or the hardware store and buy a can of ether (starting fluid).

You will never use anything else again :p

Better yet, get a can of compressed air, too...like the kind for cleaning computers out...spray that in there, THEN a burst of ether. I bet it'd kick ass.

Starting fuild didn't worth a darn...it shot out like a limp dick.

Compressed air....that's what they use to shoot T-shirts into
a crowd at ball games...no flames or sounds.

$.99...hair spray.. Now that's fun.
It'll sounds like a couple of shot guns
Plus you'll see flames coming out of the tip of the barrel.
it'll launch spuds a couple of hundred yards...

My friends and I had used to have spud gun battles.
I got hitted by a spud from around 30 yards away.
It knock my off of my feet and on my ass.
I had a big narley bruce on my chest for a couple of weeks :(

I don't really miss much about it, but if there is one thing I do miss about it, it is time.

Nowadays it just seems so hard to find time to get things done because usually when I get home from work and do all the necessary every day chores, I am too tired to do much else.

During childhood though, I had LOTS of spare time - sometimes to the point that I had TOO MUCH time and got into trouble LOL

Childhood seems like just a good dream now. I was truly a carefree child. I was oblivious to anything and everything and I literally lived in my own little world. Life just seemed so much more simple. The world just seemed like one big adventure. Time moved slower. The holidays were actually a sorce of enjoyment.

The list goes on and on.

I can't say that my life is terrible now. But it certainly was a lot more simple as a child, with less worry and less responsibility. And I do miss it.

Ah well. :) What can you do?

1. Colorado
2. Trick or Treating
3. Music
4. The kids movies/ shows
5. Not having any responsibilities
6. innocence
7. happiness ?
8. Christmas
9. family

I would had found it easier to say what I don't miss but anyway I miss The idealism of freedom.

PS, Wish I could go back with what I know now.

Going on bus rides with my grandmother to downtown. We would go to the Eaton's department and she would dress me up in new clothes and we would walk around the rest of the mall going from store to store. We would eat somewhere and then go to the Market which was huge and always busy at the time. She was your typical strong minded Italian woman back then. She had so much strength and energy and I loved seeing her like that. I miss that.

Bluey said:
Your grandmother sounds like mine. Mine is also Italian.

Cool. They're such an awesome type of grandmother to have . I wouldn't be able to make fantastic pizza, pasta, and raisin doughnuts if I had it differently. I never had the chance to meet my grandmother on my father's side. Wish I had though.

DayvanCowboy said:
Bluey said:
Your grandmother sounds like mine. Mine is also Italian.

Cool. They're such an awesome type of grandmother to have . I wouldn't be able to make fantastic pizza, pasta, and raisin doughnuts if I had it differently. I never had the chance to meet my grandmother on my father's side. Wish I had though.

Ye my Nan takes no crap of anyone lol Spear the rod spoil the child is the motto she lives by. She is 80 this year.

Both my grandfathers passed away when I was really young. I remember my grandmother on me mums side. Me Nan is still going strong though and is going to have a big party come her 80th this June.

She can be a stubborn old mule and difficult to get on with but I love her to bits. And how you explained how your grandmother was with you has a youngster reminded me of how mine was and still is with me :)

But ye your right they are a spacial type of breed all to themselves.

Latest posts

Back