can love save us from loneliness or it can make us even more lonely?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

angeLLblueshadow

in my oppinion, i think love can be the answer to a lot of us, the problem is just to find the right person to love us, see us for the real us and really help us...this is what i want the most....to find a boy that could really see me..not just my skills or my image created by others...the gossip the others tell about me...
what is your situation?

That is true, I know how some people say it's worse when you love and break up, but if you've never been in a relationship, how do you know, right? I guess it's just that a lot of us here haven't been meeting the right people.

To be absolutely honest, I would say that finding the right guy, like you angeLLblueshadow, is likely to solve my problem. But then, I don't know when that's going to happen so i'm trying to make the most of my single life :)

I believe love can save us from loneliness. Its just really hard to love and sometimes we think its just not worth the effort.

They say it is better to have loved and lost than to never have loved at all!
I dont really agree though, i say if you have never loved that deeply then you dont know the pain of such a loss, you cant be hurt by what you dont know!
Love can save you if the two people are truly in love, or love each other enough to get through good and bad together, but the worst love is unrequited, it can kill you:(
Love is special but it is only wonderful if the person your with makes it feel wonderful, you are only half alive unless, you love truly.
If you have never been loved then how can you know what your missing, it is indeed far worse to have loved, as it takes a part of you, almost destoying your soul with it, and you find it very hard to ever open your heart and love that true again.
But time is a great healer, and love gradually has a way of making you feel you are worth a lot to someone again:)
If you are yet to feel such a love then time, and experiences you hear from others, shall better prepare you on the best way to be when you find your true love, or just even feel love for someone:D
Love is a beautiful thing it makes you feel not alone, depending on if that person completes you, really even with love, you must also find
contentment, then im sure most of us would be truly happy;)
Tocktwd said:
I believe love can save us from loneliness.  Its just really hard to love and sometimes we think its just not worth the effort.

Sometimes breaking up with a loved one is more painful than if they passed away (not that I wish death on anyone). I have a tough time dealing with the rejection I feel from my husband. I think about how happy we used to be and try to figure out what and where it all went so wrong. How can two people start out being so in love - and end up in a hateful relationship? There was a time when we couldn't stand to be away from each other - now we can't stand to be together. Well, I actually still am very much in love with him and need to be with him.. But it is he who would rather not be around me.

I agree 100% if my ex died while she still loved me...i would have felt better but to know I messed alot of things up and she didn't love me anymore hurts like hell..to hear the she was happier after 4 months with her new b/f than all the time ( 7 years) we were together..like a knife in your heart...

Oh, I hate that! It reminds me of a double edged sword - you want her to be happy even though it hurts like hell. I don't wish bad things on her - but I do have to say this... She may seem happier right now because she is in a new relationship... You know - the "honeymoon" phase. I'm sure she was just as happy when the two of you first got together.

that was along time ago...it's been about 2 years..she moved to another state to marry her b/f after being together about 1 year..

angeLLblueshadow said:
in my oppinion, i think love can be the answer to a lot of us, the problem is just to find the right person to love us, see us for the real us and really help us...this is what i want the most....to find a boy that could really see me..not just my skills or my image created by others...the gossip the others tell about me...
what is your situation?

i totally understand.. love is a wonderful thing that can lift us up into the light and save us from the darkness that withheld us..
i reckon that there is a person for everyone out there, you just gotta go look for them..not wait and see if they find you. everybody deserves love..
i hope everybody who enters this site finds love

i have loved deeply , i gave him my whole heart completely we couldnt stand to spend any time apart and now we barely talk ,he has a part of my sol i feel dead and numb i feel widowed ,hes alive but might as well be dead ,he was taken from me suddenly one day he loved me the next he blocked me out of his heart.i will never be whole again.love can save you from lonliness when we were together i was happy as long as he loved me,when he took away his love al y insecuritys and fears tripled ,made me think what is so wrong with me tat he left me when i was happy for the 1st time?what is wrong with me i cant have love in my life?

Being in love is the superior feeling a person could have.
I think that being in love is not standing and looking at each other...but looking IN THE SAME DIRECTION.
For that, my dear angeLL, I think that you must feel the love with the person you love at the same time.
I think that LOVE is the feeling that deliberates you from loneliness and gives you a GREAT chance to have somebody to Share your Love (*for me LOVE means very much> there is what to share in this feeling), for Me love gives me a chance to think positive, to feel free inside (*because i know that somebody could help and support me always), LOVE is the greatest feeling a person could have.

P.S. " * love is in the air... "

All this stuff:

Love is kind
Love is not jeleous....

I know there is much more to it.... but I have to honestly say I have never felt love where I was not feeling at least a little jelous and I don't always feel like being so "kind".

hey,

i wonder about that too - whats that saying - its better to have loved and lost then never to have loved at all? sorry, but i think i could much rather have lived without the heartache!!

I feel so lonely and I feel sometimes too that the right person could make my life seem so complete, and then i think back to all the relationships ive had, and i remember that I ended up relying on the current boyfriend to do that for me NEVER worked, and it was pretty unfair to him (after all, how would you feel if you were responsible for someone elses happiness?:p)

Despite feeling so lonely, I have to remind myself that being happy and complete is my responsibility, and no one elses. I want to be happy, and I know you do too, so maybe for now, just forget finding "the guy" and focus on how you can complete you (so there, Jerry Maguire!!)

Love can do both,it can save you or it can make you more lonely.Its a matter of finding the right person,someone that not only understands you and you them but you feel at ease being honest with.If you end up with someone that you feel you can't tell things to,things that might be painful or embarassing to you for fear of what they will think,in the end it will remind you of how alone someone can be even if they have that speical someone.Its a matter of finding someone that you can truly be yourself with,that can be themselves with you,someone you can truly see as a partner in life.I certainly hope to find that speical woman,I could lie and say I will stop dreaming of that but a lie it would be.

I have maybe a different take on this. Maybe asking love to save us from loneliness or making things worse; maybe we need to look at whether or not that is too big of a demand to put on love.

I think it might be more effective if we can love fully the person we hope to get in our life without asking them to curse our loneliness or remove it. That is ours alone to deal with or ignore. In fact, that might be too big of a demand on love when you consider all the other unconditional demands we place on it.

I don't know that when I love someone I expect to be their cure for anything. I have never much thought about it. I suppose I expect to love them fully and support them as the person they are. I don't know; I am going to have to think more on that.

And yes, to the people who have never loved...I understand why you can't believe those of us who have and have lost and never want to feel that badly ever, EVER again. I want you to have love...just never have the heartache. You will have to bear with the rest of us; we just got crushed badly at one time in our lives when we thought it was forever.

Latest posts

Back