coming out, :(

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

so..

• it's okay i'll still be your friend

Votes: 20 95.2%
  • *flings holy water* the power of christ compells you *eeeek, **** it!*

Votes: 1 4.8%

• Total voters

guest#84

Reaction score
um hello everyone,

this is kinda uncomfortable for me to say,but i'm gay

:(

obvioussly i'm not too happy about this, and if i could make so i wasn't i definatly would, but it doesn't seem like there's really any way for that to happen

i'm actually another member here, but I'd prefer to be anonmious (idk splld)

and i guess i'm not really looking forward to hearing everyone say i knew it, to when i start telling people offline

but i figured i might have a better chance of happyness if i came out, and closeted gay people are just easier to make fun of

well thanks for listening and please don't throw any holy water

1 it doesn't work
and 2 i don't want to have to try my clothes again

um hello everyone,

this is kinda uncomfortable for me to say,but i'm gay

--

Well I was going to vote the holy water, just because every thread needs its brash contrarian; but then I decided to be considerate of your feelings (a rare thing afforded people, you should feel privileged).

Man... or woman... person... nobody judges anyone here based on sexual orientation. If there's any place on the internet you're safe from bigotry and discrimination, it's here.* :)

Why should you be uncomfortable, anyway? If you're into sword fighting (or shield bashing, whichever's the case), then it's why should anyone hold it against you (no pun intended)? Being gay isn't taboo in our culture anymore. Christ, it's not like you're an Atheist. e_e

*not really.

Hi welcome

I'm not gay but I have some freinds that are gay.
One of my childhood friend is gay or Bi...I'm not sure exactly but it has nothing to do with our firendship.
He just has different sexaully prefernce then i do..as we got older.
I don't think he's more and less of a person then I am.

It's great that you're taking the courage and facing your fears.

Actaully a person that happened to be gay help me through one of toughest time of my life.
I remember him playing the piano and singing for me in an empty church hall as i cried my heart out to god.

Why should you be uncomfortable?
If it's your kind of thing, then it's your kind of thing. Being gay isn't taboo in our culture anymore. It's not like you're an Atheist. e_e

lol

thnaks, well it still kinda is, although not as bad as if to say i was in the south, but it's still seen as differnt and well creepy or obscene/gross by many

and there are still alot of conservatives that for some reason think that protesting against gays is a more important cause than feeding the hungry

I don't think you have anything to worry about. It is good to let things off your chest. I don't know a lot of the people around here all that well, partly due because I'm fairly new. But, everybody around here seems very cordial and supportive. Thus, I don't think your orientation will matter around here. If it makes you feel better, my one friend and my aunt who raised me are gay. Both are very nice people who have helped me out during rough times.

guest#84 said:
Why should you be uncomfortable?
If it's your kind of thing, then it's your kind of thing. Being gay isn't taboo in our culture anymore. It's not like you're an Atheist. e_e

lol

thnaks, well it still kinda is, although not as bad as if to say i was in the south, but it's still seen as differnt and well creepy or obscene/gross by many

and there are still alot of conservatives that for some reason think that protesting against gays is a more important cause than feeding the hungry

Discrimination sucks ass in any form. I belive a lot of us experince
it in different ways. Whether it's skin color, sex, sexual preference,
class, creed, age, religion or lack of religion.

i first felt not being belong or un accepted as a child becuase
I had to move around a lot as a kid. Some kids would make
fun of me becuase I used a dialect...but little did they knew
i moved around so much..I was capiable of using verious dialect.

But I really felt it ...when I first moved to the UAS as a child.
People actaully hated me just becuase of my race or my skin
color. Kids can be crule...and when adults dose it..it kind of
messed me up in the head.

I also know...not everyone is not like that...I made a lot of
friends that are white...Actaully I've only had relationships
with white women.

I'm trying to grow up or be more mature.
A black woman have been flirting with me.
She's very, very nice and very beauitful.
It's not her...it's me with my freaken hang ups and BS.

Yes..it can get under your skin if you're expose to
obpression or critisism all the time. Yes it effected me.

I had to work alot on my selfesteem, self acceptence
to get rid of the negative BS that I've encountered.
Bascailly loving myself...if some poeple dosn't like it...oh fucken will.
They can eat honeysuckle and die...lol

Why are you staying anonymous? Are you ashamed? I dun really think it is considered coming out if you're staying anonymous. But whatever if you just felt like saying it, its cool. i'm accepting of anyone that's nice:)

If gay's your way, that's quite okay. Doesn't matter to me. Welcome. Hope you like it here.

You can not chose who you like in that way in life. It must be hard to have feelings like that and not feel that your able to be honest with the ppl around you.

I think there is a lot here that feel there not excepted for the way they are by society has a hole -me 4 1-

I think the only thing you can do is be your self. If your a good person you well hopefully end up with other good ppl around you. Be that has your friends or a lover.

For me a friends sexuality would make no difference at all how I felt about him or her. In less I fancied her or him. Even if I had another guy friend confess all for me I would not think any less of him. I would take it has a complement and be flatted as that is I think the biggest complement any one can give another person. Even if the other person is not interested in that way.

I think you could do with telling a close friend and hopefully that friend well go out with you so you can start enjoying this side to yourself. Enjoy who you are. Do not feel guilty for your own feelings. And if you do tell anyone that you are close to. Try and remember that you have had your hole life to get used to this and are still struggling with it. So your mum and dad or who ever you may tell may need a little time to get there head around it has well. Am sure the ppl around you well still love you no matter who you like to be with in that way.

Be happy with who you are and be save. And I have no gay friends. Am just not cool enough to have a Gay friend lol

Welcome back to the form whoever you may be.

Being gay is not really a defining quality, it's a default preferance. If there is shame out there, it belongs to those who refuse to to understand this and certainly not to you.

Here's an example of what I mean. When I was about 15 years old, I paid my Dad an impromtu visit in his flat. When I arrived, he was already entertaining several guests that were unfamiliar to me. I had gone around there for his opinion of what sort of career I should consider pursuing after leaving school. Halfway through the discussion, he suggested that the armed forces might be a good choice to which, in my youthful stupidity, I replied, "what and find myself in with a bunch of p**fers and lesbians!!". The room fell silent for a moment until one of the guests calmly stated that she herself was in fact gay.

Embarrassment doesn't even begin to cover what I felt at the time.

I recount that tale for a single pupose, which is to ask this question - who in that little scenario came away looking both foolish, ignorant and an unrivaled candidate for moron of the decade?

It sounds like you have some plans that are going to be difficult for you. I hope you find the acceptance that you deserve. I hope it all works out and helps you become comfortable with who you are. I do wish you the best.

No holy water.

I think it was a brave step to communicate this to other people, albeit anonymously. I'm sure you will find no prejudice here. In time, you will probably feel that you can come out as yourself on this forum and eventually live a more open life outside of the forum. One step at a time.

Until then, I salute your honesty.

wolfshadow said:
Welcome back to the form whoever you may be.

Being gay is not really a defining quality, it's a default preferance. If there is shame out there, it belongs to those who refuse to to understand this and certainly not to you.

Here's an example of what I mean. When I was about 15 years old, I paid my Dad an impromtu visit in his flat. When I arrived, he was already entertaining several guests that were unfamiliar to me. I had gone around there for his opinion of what sort of career I should consider pursuing after leaving school. Halfway through the discussion, he suggested that the armed forces might be a good choice to which, in my youthful stupidity, I replied, "what and find myself in with a bunch of p**fers and lesbians!!". The room fell silent for a moment until one of the guests calmly stated that she herself was in fact gay.

Embarrassment doesn't even begin to cover what I felt at the time.

I recount that tale for a single pupose, which is to ask this question - who in that little scenario came away looking both foolish, ignorant and an unrivaled candidate for moron of the decade?

I agree with Wolf. Your sexual persuasion, while a part of you, has zilch to do with who you are as a person. Although bigotry is alive and well in the world, it is those people who are, please let me quote WOlf here, "unrivaled candidates for moron of the decade." :p
Also, even though you for the moment you wish to remain anonymous, I'm sure it must still be helpful to be able to share your feelings with others. And should you choose to share the same feelings using your original screen name, I am sure that you will be well-received. :) A person's measure should be taken by how they treat others, so I'd say you measure pretty high up. :)

I have several gay and lesbian friends. To be honest, it's not something I ever consider - it's just a small part of who they are.

I hope the support all the contributors to this thread have given will make it easier to "come out proper", but do it in your own time, there is no rush.

thanks guys,

ya admitdly it was kinda silly using a false screen name, i'm still kinda taking this one step at a time and testing the waters

i guess, please don't feel uncomfortable or think of me any differntly

gosh i can't believe someone actually voted to throw holy water, no worries

*puts on raincoat*

HAh your pitiful holy water is no match against my synthetic plastic

*stands victoriously*

evanescencefan91 said:

Of course not. You are still the same great person you always were. :)

Who in the hell voted on holy water? *glares*

Even if that was a joke, that's f*#$%ing stupid.

*opens up huge umbrella and stands under it with Evafan*
I shall shield thee!

1.gif

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats on coming out hun!! :D
Wow I never expected it to be you lol I thought it was a guy :p
But that's ossum, happy for you that you've come out of the closet lol step into the light! (that's in a totally non-holy water way) lol

smiley-hug002.gif

evanescencefan91 said:
thanks guys,

ya admitdly it was kinda silly using a false screen name, i'm still kinda taking this one step at a time and testing the waters

gosh i can't believe someone actually voted to throw holy water, no worries

*puts on raincoat*

HAh your pitiful holy water is no match against my synthetic plastic

*stands victoriously*

o_O.. wowww.. ok
'tries to gather himself'

You know evanescencefan, it's hard for me to type this and i don't really know that well actually but i am able to tell from all your posts and threads that your're a really friendly, upbeat and caring individual
and as i can tell, you've been a tremendous asset to the forum- helping regular members identify and better understand their issues (i'd like to thank you for welcoming me here a long time ago actually), and just greatly contributing to a positive atmosphere of the entire forum in general. I just want you to know that if all this is true, then I, first of all 1. commend you for having the courage to let this out (even though i realize that this is only cyberspace but still) and
2. support you and care for you i every way imaginable. If this is true, then i realize how hard it must've been for you to come to terms with your feelings and i can personally identify as i have a friend who went through what you must've went through as well.
Just so you know.
PS. this is probably a pretty sensitive issue and i took my time to write this so please don't beat to the ground if some of my words weren't apptly chosen. I just wanted to let you know that i support you and wouldn't think of you any differently whatsoever.

-Extensivex

Latest posts

Back