Eye contact

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Depends.When I want to stop the conversation,I would stop making eye contacts.Or when I am tired of listening,I would also do the latter too.

I make a conscious effort to make solid eye contact with everyone I talk to, and I have discovered that the people who really reciprocate are few and far between, and are usually people I have known for a while who are comfortable with me. I think eye contact is difficult for most people at first.

Or maybe I have eye boogers or something.

I know i can't make eye contact good but then i try to counter it by making a lot of eye contact all the time during the conversation. PieBeFail.

I used too but not anymore...
I actaully got this tip from my ministor.lmao
Dating tips or how to ask a girl out or get a hawt babe.... years ago when I was single back when.
She told me to look a girl in her eyes as you're talking to her and you'll overcome the fears of her beauty.

It just takes practice.
At first I had to do those 40 days of stairing myself in the mirrow and telling myself i love
myself. Looking into my own eyes. The eyes of a stranger...lol

It wasn't natural for me at first...so somtimes i just look at the person's forehead or eye lashes

When talking to someone or intruducing myself...Bam, eyes contact for me now.
It's like I'm looking into a person's soul and they're looking into mine...
Nothing to hide or fear. When working with my sponsor...major, major eyes contact.
This also gives me practice...becuase my sponsor knows everything about me...
All of my flaws, lies, secrets, fears, hopes, dreams.....everything. I laid my cards out on the table
He too also tells me all of his fears and secrets. Bascailly he's becoming my best friend
We're build a freindship of truth, trust, love, respect for one another.
We can talk about anything...at a deeper level..not just surface stuff.

Lmao..I always piont two fingers to my eyes and piont them back to my sponsor's eyes
as a joke or a reminder then a say " YOU and I. We...We're going to communicate..face to face ..eye to eye
heart to heart , soul to soul.

By doing this...I'm able to transfer it to another person...such as a girl freind.

It's not really a stair down...It's just eyes contact...acknowleging that we're presence in this moment together.
You are here with me...not in your head thinkin about Save Willy that migh be on HBO later...lmao
Or thinking about your fears or messed up out of your god **** mind...lmao

I had trouble before, to look into eyes and talk. Like if I look into anyone's eys, I will forget what i was gonna say. But now I don't have any trouble at making eye contacts like I am not nervous like I was before. But the problem is, it had always been a habit for me to look at the person's mouth when I talk, even if I try to avoid that, I will automatically start noticing their lip moments. Also when I try to make eye contact, I get confused, which eye to look at, right eye or left eye, lol..

I used to have this problem when I was younger. I now look women in the eye when I am interested in them. They say making eye contact establishes self confidence and dominance. It helps when in the dating scene.

It is a problem I have noticed in myself from time to time, especially when shaking hands as I have a tendency to look at the hands and not the other person in the eyes. During conversation, if I happen to remember, I'll make the effort to make eye contact, though not too much as that is uncomfortable for myself and the other party.

I second the advice that stated to just look at the forehead or between the eyes . Whatever works.

I used have trouble making eye contact with people because I was quite shy.
Now it's no problem, as long as I don't feel somehow threatened by the person I'm talking to lol.
I don't think I feel that way anymore either, not after my last job where both managers turned out to be complete c*nts.
Made me really see that no matter what a person's job or status is it doesn't mean honeysuckle.
So now I make eye contact with everyone and feel quite relaxed about it.
I think I normally switch frequently between a person's left and right eye lol.
Unless I'm not wearing my glasses, then I just stare at the blurriness lol!
I only look away when I'm thinking of what to say, trying to remember something, and when I blush.
Stupid ******* pale viking skin that takes nothing to turn fiery red... thank god for foundation lol :p

I used to be afraid of eye contact. Now I kinda like it. I feel like you're much more connected with the person you speak with and vice versa. But I don't like overdoing it. That feels more like a staring contest

Sanal said:
Like if I look into anyone's eys, I will forget what i was gonna say.

I have always had this problem; if I concentrate on looking someone in the eye, I find all other thought processes are suspended one by one, thereby making me more uncomfortable and less able to respond and it eventually results in some kind of mental cascade failure and I have to look away!
The tip on looking at foreheads is good, as is the one for simply taking off one's glasses!

I usually make eye contact and hold it for about a second and look away. If it's longer, it just gets really awkward because a)she'll look away and I'll feel rejected, b)both of us won't smile and that's just weird or c)she'll stare at me like I'm a zoo animal. So that one second rule that I abide by is me playing it safe.

I used to have more of a problem with eye contact than I do now.It mainly started when I saw a program on tv that said that when you look at someone,if you like them then your pupils get bigger.It was telling you to read people's eyes and that made me focus on it more.Then I started thinking,but what if you don't like somebody but your pupils get bigger anyway and they think you do.I'm telling you it completely messed up the way I looked at people.The more I thought about it,the more bright red I went and the more embarrassed I became lol.

I don't have as much of a problem anymore but I still think about it sometimes :)

You just have to do it, dont think about anything, belive in yourself, and look the person straight in their mothaf***** eyes lol just kidding but you get the concept

i try to do it but it makes me very akward but i try with other to do it more because it is differint and it makes you connect with others but it is stil very hard for me

Latest posts

Back