Give me a good reason not to commit suicide

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Arnaert

Reaction score
I feel like my soul is withering away inside me. I can't help anyone, I can't even help myself. Everday is a failed attempt at everything.

please just give me a non cliche reason not to.

Like don't tell me that if I kill myself I'm just letting the people that hurt me win. I don't care about who wins. If I die I do win something, relief.

Becuase the best song havn't played
The best book hasn't been written
The best movie havn't been made
The best painting hasn't painted
The tastiest icecream havn't been created.
You havn't met you're true love...someone to love you like you need to be love.
Becuase you havn't given yourself your best chance.
Becuase you are beautiful
Becuase you can bring joy and happiness to yourself and others.
Becuase you havn't experince all of life....places to go , many wonderful people to meet.
Becuase you have a dream...that you havn't lived or experince.
Becuase you havn't met your wonderful husband.
Becuase you havn't gave birth to your child and held your child in your arms.

Becuase what you are going through at the moment of shear despair and the experince of it...
You will know first hand how a person might feel if they wanted to kill themselve.
You will have compassion...a deep compassion for that person.

Becuase I tried to killed myself before...twice.

Becuase as i write this...I'm hoping i can help you.
Becuase you are precious to me...even if I don't know you.
Becuase as dark and empty as it was....there was hope for me. Even if I didn't see or felt hope.

Because for all you know your life could make a turn for the better during the next several years. I'm not going to lie and say it will for sure happen, but there's always that chance. It's like taking a gamble. If things go your way the payoff is great, if not, then at the worst you're in the same spot you are now and can then reassess the situation.

I guess what I am trying to say is to not do anything drastic right now. Give it a good amount of time (preferably years) and a chance for good things to happen. Things change. Nothing good can possibly happen when you're dead.

Bottom line: Don't off yourself now.

If you can get yourself in a new environment in one way or another then do that.

If you do kill yourself, someone else is going to try and take your place and they are going to suck at the role.

Or you could use the reason I use, spite.

Unacceptance said:

A good a reason as any.

Back to the original post, don't end your life... Instead, just try to find a way to end your life as it is now, if that makes any sense. Reinvent yourself or something.

For one, you can't feel relief when you are dead. I used to be like you ; I wanted desperately to die. I have been through a lot in my life, and I am constantly riddled with guilt. I have failed many in my past, including myself. Some days are a struggle for me just to keep on going. I have lost those close to me. I have lost my parents, my first true love, and my son. My past legal guardian has lost her job, declared bankruptcy, and almost lost her house. I do everything I can to help her out financially when it often creates hardships for myself as well. I have been kicked on, spit on, threatened, sued, beaten, and robbed of self dignity. I have had every reason to kill myself in the past. But, I will come out on top ! I want more for my life. I deserve it, and so do you.

I don't know your whole story or what has caused you to feel this pain. I DO know what this pain is like. I'm tired of life's honeysuckle and the people in this world that just don't give a ****. I was tired of being a doormat, a loser, and a nobody. I've learned that, when all else fails, you are your only true best friend. I'm tired of having nothing and being conquered by life. I contemplated suicide in my past. Suicide is defeat. I don't want life to defeat me, I want to conquer it. I have seen so many people bloom from nothing into something. If they can do it, why can't I ? I have a lot of work to do, but I WILL make it because I have the desire to.

You are never going to overcome these feelings unless you forgive yourself for whatever you have or have not done. I know it's easier said than done. But, why give in to life and let the ******** win ? You deserve better and you can get it. It's hard, but it can be done. If this sounds cliche or stupid, then I'm sorry. But, suicide isn't worth it. I know I don't know you, but feel free to message me if you want. I might seem stupid, but I have suffered a lot in my life and I know the prison that you dwell in. So, try to look forward and forgive yourself.

Arnaert said:
I feel like my soul is withering away inside me. I can't help anyone, I can't even help myself. Everday is a failed attempt at everything.

Like don't tell me that if I kill myself I'm just letting the people that hurt me win. I don't care about who wins. If I die I do win something, relief.

life is to experience im sure you havent experienced every aspect of human life yet why die when you havent lived

hell ya, it's kept me all through higschool at this point,

and ya cliched but you're still so young and you have so much that you live for

i hope that helps a little

i hhope things get better for you :)

The only way to know for sure that things will NEVER get better is to commit suicide. The only way things WILL get better is to roll the dice and go on living. You have to look your sorrows in the eye, give them the finger, and move on with your life. "Keep on keepin on", as Joe Dirt would say.

I know it's hard, but in the struggle lies the challenge, and if you steel yourself and rise to that challenge you'll come out the other side a stronger, better you.

Have faith in yourself, and never, NEVER give up!

Nothing assures that it you keep on living things will get better, nor does anyone necessarily have anything to live for.

Really it's pointless to kill yourself because you're going to die anyway. Things are going to suck with or without you. Carve out your niche on the planet so that at least until your death you find the everyday drudgery of a meaningless existence tolerable. I mean why die at your worst? Life sucked, so then I ******* offed myself. Or, life sucked, so then I kept busy with a bunch of random honeysuckle and pointed out everyone's bullshit and became a thorn in the side of civilized society and had fun laughing at the world. And was still offed.

If you are willing to die, especially at such a young age you should be more fearless about anything you used to be scared of doing. Go and fail some more. Fail hard, but I bet you will find some things along the way that you might actually like to do. Those things probably won't be such a bad experience for you. If you have failed so much it should mean nothing to you anymore. Matter of fact, it should give you a good amount of knowledge on how to never do the same things twice. You are a thinker and you just need a real challenge. Don't let such little unfortunate occurrences or experiences with some shitty personalities bother you.

It sucks that someone as cool as yourself is feeling like this. I really hope you feel better soon.

Because your beautiful and you have a chance to find happiness in this world. Because their is someone out there that cares about you.

Because I dont want you to and...I said so...:D

Because I havent spoken to you via MSN or Yahoo yet =(

Because you really dont know wh at is on the other side, maybe nothing...but there could be something...

Because I love seeing your posts (i'm not just saying this..i really do..) and I'd be sad if i didnt see them anymore.

Because I'd worry

Because You havent kissed that girl yet!!

Because...it would be painful for your parents to walk in on you

because you are too young to give up on life

Because life = you feeling, even if it is pain that you feel...at least you feel SOMETHING

Because you have friends that care about you

Because you have such an awesome profile pic and i'd be sad if id dint see it aroudn the boards anymore

because youre cool/awesome

because you are strong and brave

Why cut your life shorter than need be?

Because you are irreplaceable as a person. No one can exactly walk into a store, point at a girl and say, "thats the girl that will replace Anaert" ...its impossible. There are no replacements for you.

Dont do it. =((

Because if that avatar is a picture of you you're dead cute. Alright, it's a fairly shallow reason for living, but it's more than a lot of people have, and it's something to build on.

Otherwise, I can only say that I've felt much the same way most of my life and I'm 35. But in that time I've met some amazing people, seen great scenery, listened to some cool music and observed the extraordinary progress of some technologies which really are creating a better world. I'm only just starting to think I'm mature enough to try to learn who I am and who I could be.

I'll bet that, amongst the pain, there are creative and positive thoughts that would be lost to the world if you were. You really don't know what's around the corner. Don't throw away the chance to find out.

life is a war. every day we fight for one thing or another. its that drive that makes up why we live. we never run out of things to fight for. some people fight to take that next breath. others to find that certain someone. if you die, your giving up on everything. their is not point in doing that. we always have something in out life to fight for. just finding that one thing to fight for can be hard to do. dont do it. if u need to you can always talk 2 me

Dun kill yourself.There is no turning backs if you died.If you now facing a tough period in your life,things are going to brighten up.

You're only 16. You have your entire life ahead of you. If you're a good person who keeps fighting, you will get your reward one day, because goodness never goes unrewarded.

Because (although I don't know you and never really will) I don't want you to.

Arnaert said:

Because you're adorable and people probably love it when you smile? :(

Tramp said:
You're only 16. ......

Also this, relevant without the rest. Teen angst (and almost anything else preceded by 'teen') is the source of lots of problems and usually clouds people's better judgment and their ability to look around and see what's actually important.

Not saying you're like this, because you don't seem like it, but I look at most kids and think, "Give me a break. Whine about something that matters if you're going to whine at all. And dammit, pull your pants up and take the stupid hat off before I run your ass over. Don't you know you're worth 40 points?"

Anyway. That sort of thing. Once you become employed and responsible and start college, perspective changes. You realize you can give yourself purpose, goals, have control over what you want to do. And in my case at least, I realized 2/3s of that honeysuckle I was concerned about as a teenager -and I would say I was even a step above the rest of my age group-, none of it was important in the slightest. fresia 'em.

I wanted to kill myself at one point too as a kid. But I didn't. I'm 21 now and life is different.

Don't sweat the small honeysuckle, and be able to identify honeysuckle as small.

Latest posts

Back