What would make you happy?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Having a girlfriend.. everything else is (more or less) decent in my life..

Being able to live alone and having someone who is reliable in real life. Somebody who is there for me sometimes. I really don't care to have a girlfriend at the moment. It would be nice, but I would rather just have someone who I have a little in common with to spend time doing things once in a while.

Yep, pretty much the same sort of thing for me too - companionship.

But I'm not remotely ready for the demands of an intimate relationship as I am (my last venture ended disasterously, ironically because I wanted some space - my wish was granted after a fashion because I've had over six years of it since lol).

It would just make things much too complicated and, hand on heart, I've also never been able to fall in love with anybody completely.

Same thing with myself about when you mentioned your view on having an intimate relationship. I never had a relationship with someone for over a year so I can't relate to what you went through, but to me it seems for myself I am a magnet for people who just want to use someone and throw them away in an instant. So because of those experiences the last thing I want to do is get into something again with someone with the thoughts and expectancy that my history will repeat itself. Its already happen twice and once was just enough.

It would just be nice to have someone to do something with. That seems even harder than being in a relationship with someone for myself it seems.

I would like someone to depend on. But I doubt that will ever really happen.

Unacceptance said:
The removal of all humanity from the planet.

*slaps own head*

Okay, make that two conditions; the second being nothing nihilistic or misanthropic :( thank you.

wolfshadow said:
Unacceptance said:

*slaps own head*

Okay, make that two conditions; the second being nothing nihilistic or misanthropic :( thank you.

Nothing in my post implied that people didn't go into space on to a better planet.

See, now you're the negative one.

Unlimited wealth. (finacial)

Happiness is an inside job. Happiness is a chioce.

However with the unlimited wealth at my finger tips. There's less limitations in my life.
I can travel the world. I can help more people if I have wealth or spread the wealth around.
No, I can't save the world...but with unlimted wealth , I can reach out to more people if i didn't have wealth.
I can study and educate myself without the huzzle bustles, and the stress of econamics insecurities.
I can also educate myself better in my music or can dedicate more time or create music without stress.
Even if a gold digger chose to be with me for the sake of my money. At least it's straight up and I'm not delusional on such matters.
Money can't sholve all my problems. Money won't remove all the obsticals in my life.
but I belive i have enough living tools to solve what money can't.
Money can't buy love...but it sure makes it a whole hell of a lot eaier....

My life is as such at the moment to a certain degree. I live with my parents and don't have any bills to pay.
I have a part time job...which will not pay for my own place to live. I 'm grateful I have money in pocket.
I'm grateful my parents is allowing me to live in their beautiful home and giving me the love and understanding
for me to be able to greive, heal and get well...it's been a slow process.

At times i feel like a 16 year old again...as far as responsiblites gose. (lack of being able to finically support myself)
Yet I'm free to come and go as I wish as an adult.
I struggled with it for a while. I felt ashame of moving back in with my parents. I wish to have my own home again someday.
I raised my own family already...My daughter is older than Unacceptible and half of the people on this forum.lol

I've been trying to get well..it's getting better a little bit each day.
I'm well enough now to be able to read and focus better.
I've been working on myself. Educating myself as much as I can..through the internet or the many many books
we have...even though i'm not attending school. I attend meetings to help other recoverying addicts or alocholics
try to achive soberiety. It's life and death when it comes to alcoholism and drugs abuse.
I do service work such as volunteer work when I can.
I do these things becuase there's people in my life that helps me. Spreading wealth of love and wisdom into my life.

Most of my friends i hang out with are in recovery...They all come from different walks of life and encomic status.
My sponsor is a MD...he's shitting money. One of my best friend is a multy millionair. Some of my other friends
are in the same situation I am. Others are worst off than I am. But we all treat each other with the love, repect,
and diginty of being a human being.

yeah...a life time partner..a companion, an intimate relationship or the love of my life.
Someone that truly loves me...I won't ask for that, today
I belive she came into my life and went out of my life.
I hope she's in heaven looking down at me and smiling.
I'm not going to ask for that...No matter what i say,do, or wish for....I can't breath air into her.
If another woman or true love walks into my life...I would truly be grateful but I'm not asking for it today.

Success (career wise) really more than anything. Financial insecurity is the ruiner of happiness.

If I was able to have the career that I wanted doing what I loved to do, that would go a long way toward making up for a relatively lonely life. Not quite entirely.

Unacceptance said:

Geez, even me?! But we both don't like Crow's posts! I thought we had something!

Anyway. I would say, as cliche as it is, a girlfriend. Someone mature and preferably close to my age. Everything else seems to be coasting along for me.

Alternatively, more money :p

True Love

how's that for cliche?

-true love from and to a man
-complete 100% mutual trust
-safety and security in a relationship

I know it won't happen, but a girl's allowed to dream and wish, eh?

Unacceptance said:
wolfshadow said:
Unacceptance said:

*slaps own head*

Nothing in my post implied that people didn't go into space on to a better planet.

I'll level with you Unacceptance, this annoys me a bit. I created this thread so that people could underline what they would consider a positive turn of events for themselves if they so desired.
Whilst not especially pioneering or exciting, it's not an such unreasonable choice of topic given the struggles that most of us here encounter is it?
Why then answer with something so deliberately ridiculous? Is it an expression of how trivial you consider this thread to be?

The freedom to find out who I really am. Or who I am right now. In a non multiple personality kind of way, I mean.

Another one for companionship here. It would be nice to have people I can go places with, chat to, share hobbies with and ideally pick up a few new ones, people with whom I could sit around at night under the stars or go out for a meal with. It would also be great to have female companions as I don't particularly want to settle into a relationship yet.
I've got a decent family, good health, a half-decent mind and a small but steady income, so really it's close friends I'm missing. Having those would make me happy.

wolfshadow said:
Unacceptance said:
wolfshadow said:
Unacceptance said:

*slaps own head*

I'll level with you Unacceptance, this annoys me a bit. I created this thread so that people could underline what they would consider a positive turn of events for themselves if they so desired.
Whilst not especially pioneering or exciting, it's not an such unreasonable choice of topic given the struggles that most of us here encounter is it?
Why then answer with something so deliberately ridiculous? Is it an expression of how trivial you consider this thread to be?

I'm sorry about that Wolfy...

Unacceptible deem that god sent him into your life so that you might
gain his wisdom and understanding...
I deem myself the defender of faith, the arch angel Michael...
I'm his fucken cure to the core. He can't wrap his head around my posts and deem me incomprehenciable (ridiculous :p)
I see beyound the self contant fart fumes mask he breath and hide behind. :p
Well...Brian, he's just lost...lmao

The truth of the matter is..non of us knows the fucken words to ******* cumbaYA.lmao
Depending on your spirit of the day...You'll just let the honeysuckle slide off of ya.
You can percieve it as freedom/live and let live even though the honeysuckle is a bit of INCONSIDERATE OF OTHERS.
Well...he's just holier than thou ain't he...style pionts..style pionts. (personalites)
It's just the MegafartfumesCORE...version. Passive agressive honeysuckle...you know how it is..(principles)

He simply threw something out there and let you paint a target around it.
Then you'll find yourself defending your target or posistion.....simple manipulations 101.
He's trying to mind fresia you...

To win you simply just have to LET GO (suger coated version).
The hardCORE version...IGNOR HIS ASS..
The spiritual version....CHOSE PEACE then to be RIGHT.(defending your posistion)
The pyshcological version...DON'T LET PEOPLE PUSH YOUR BUTTONS.
The enlightenment version...I STOPPED FIGHTING EVERYTHING AND EVERYONE (SURRENDER)

Basic recovery living tool or copping skills.
The serenity prayer....

God grant me the serenity to accept...
The things I cannot change, (unnacceptiable or other dickheads in your life)
To change the things I can (yourself)
And the wisdom to know the difference.

My personal serenity prayer version (short form) in the heat of the moment due to my personality.
"fresia IT"....it gets me to the same piont of letting go...no right, no wrongs, no fighting and droping the bullshit.

Maybe Unacc motive is to just play devil's advocate.....Who knows???....don't trip.

If you continue to inneract with Unacceptible...it'll simply just make more niose (this is what he wants...ATTENTION)
If you chose to stay balance...step aside or and not fight him...(It's basic martial arts 101)
It'll simply die (NO NOISE). He'll simply trip on his own momentum. In other words...give him plenty of rope to hang himself.

When I read this post, the two standard, universal responses came immediately to mind:

-Companionship
-Financial success

These are the things I've wished for the most over the past few years, and are things I've never had. Then I got to thinking, 'why haven't I ever had these? Why don't I have them now?' The answer, of course, is because I have the confidence and self-esteem of a lima bean.

So I guess it would make me happy to find a measure of confidence. If I could find some confidence, maybe I could find the inner strength to make the two universal responses a reality instead of the fading dream they currently are.

Latest posts

Back