please give me some good advice

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
T

Tocktwd

Hi all you lonely people,

I've been reading some of your posts and I understand a lot of what some of you are going through. I wish I had something to say to make you feel better. If I can offer a some support by means of email or posting I would like to, and maybe you could help me too.

Here is brief description of myself and situation: I'm 25 years old, male, and currently going to college full time and working part time. Out of high school I was an auto mechanic. I made good money and lived with a roommate in my own place. I decided two years ago to make a career change. I moved back in with the 'rents (they are really good people) and started towards a B.S. in Applied Info. Technology.
Through out this time, from high school until now, I have never had a close relationship with anyone. Work and school have limited my interaction with women (there were no women mechanics in the shop, and almost no women in my comp classes). My parents are very cold and distant just by their nature. My good friends keep in touch, but are married or have moved away. The three girlfriends that I have dated did not last very long. I can easily make new friends, but there is still an emotional distance that I just can not overcome.

Of course, there is more, but I do not want to be just a complainer. Thanks for reading this if you have, and I would be grateful for any advice.

Tocktwd said:
Hi all you lonely people,

I've been reading some of your posts and I understand a lot of what some of you are going through.  I wish I had something to say to make you feel better.  If I can offer a some support by means of email or posting I would like to, and maybe you could help me too.

Here is brief description of myself and situation: I'm 25 years old, male, and currently going to college full time and working part time.  Out of high school I was an auto mechanic.  I made good money and lived with a roommate in my own place.  I decided two years ago to make a career change.  I moved back in with the 'rents (they are really good people) and started towards a B.S. in Applied Info. Technology.
Through out this time, from high school until now, I have never had a close relationship with anyone.  Work and school have limited my interaction with women (there were no women mechanics in the shop, and almost no women in my comp classes).  My parents are very cold and distant just by their nature.  My good friends keep in touch, but are married or have moved away.  The three girlfriends that I have dated did not last very long.  I can easily make new friends, but there is still an emotional distance that I just can not overcome.

Of course, there is more, but I do not want to be just a complainer.  Thanks for reading this if you have, and I would be grateful for any advice.

dont know what to say really! i dont think any of us are qualified to give advises to be honest with you!! :D

Hi Tock,

Well, I think that you can PM me. I LOVE giving advice. I am older than you and I have a younger brother so I think my advise would be on track.

I can ask you here, a personal question. Do you have any physical flaws? These are things that make the dating scene quite difficult. I've mentioned before that I have a pretty face, but I am quite fat and overweight. Therefore, I had a HARD TIME finding a suitable mate. I'm married now, but I know the pain of being out there in that brutal single's scene.

If you are fat, have acne, unattractive features, or if you are quite short, you have a chip against you. However, it can TOTALLY be overcome with the correct attitude. Women are attracted to confidence and kindness. In other words, we want a man who is nice, but NOT a wimpy guy. We need the guy to act very confident in himself, not clingy towards us, which can make even women feel suffocated. Perhaps you could provide details about your previous dating relationships and what went wrong.

What are your interests? Life goals? Hobbies? Have you traveled? I think developing yourself to be an appealing mate is a good idea.

lonelygirl said:
If you are fat, have acne, unattractive features, or if you are quite short, you have a chip against you. However, it can TOTALLY be overcome with the correct attitude. Women are attracted to confidence and kindness. In other words, we want a man who is nice, but NOT a wimpy guy. We need the guy to act very confident in himself, not clingy towards us, which can make even women feel suffocated. Perhaps you could provide details about your previous dating relationships and what went wrong.

Wow, that's good advice already. Thank you.

Tock; I have the same problem in my profession, there just aren't any (or very, very few) women in it. It makes meeting women with similar interests really hard. I haven't yet thought of a good place to meet people that I would like. I don't know what to advise, but I definitely feel the pain there.

lonelygirl said:
Women are attracted to confidence
Perhaps, if they weren't, the world would be a more sensitive place.

Think about what went on with human evolution... for millions of years... the males of the species have been sexually selected in favor of the most brutal and aggressive... propagating the genes of brutality.

No wonder life is so horrible now. So many insensitive people. So few kind people.

lonelygirl said:
In other words, we want a man who is nice, but NOT a wimpy guy.
Translation: if you cry, you will get dumped.
What did you expect, sympathy? ^_^

Latest posts

Back