empty and lonely

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

empty_k

Reaction score
i've been diagnosed with depression and anxiety disorder 6 months ago.(( 2 years ago i moved to my apartment withmy sister and we don't get along.Tried to make it work but it didn't work. Now i feel stuck because i don't have any money to move).I decided to end many friendships because most of my friends were laughing at me and didn't care about my well being. I've ended an abusive relationship in 2007 and i'm still single today( i got help for that 2 yrs ago) Try to make friends at yoga class.Failed.Tried to make friends at computer class. Nothing.I even volunteer and no frienship. My coworkers are too superficial and negative.I'm afraid of dying alone and single.Nothing seems to work.Why ? when i feel depress i have no one to talk to. I barely smile

Hey empty k, it can take time for a thread to draw some posts.

I don't know enough about your situation to offer much comment. I will say that you seem to be doing many positive things with your life, such as ending an abusive relationship and taking part in classes and volunteer work.

What do you think the problem is? Do you have problems making connections with people?

Making friends can, at times, prove exceedingly difficult. Sometimes people don't seem to want to have anything to do with you at all, for no obvious reason. It usually takes months and months of prolonged acquaintanceship to develop friendships, Empty.

empty_k said:
when i feel depress i have no one to talk to.

To flip that, when I have no one to talk to, I feel quite depressed. I can find a spark of happiness in many things, however. Such as marveling at a nice day, or listening to some upbeat music. Watching funny movies helps, too. You know, anything to neutralize the sadness - which is, much like happiness, only ephemeral. I'm also sorry for the low influx of responses. If you're a girl, you have much better luck on here to be honest. I can make a thread, right now, and a female can make another 15 minutes later and get 100 more views than I 10 minutes later. =P I, truthfully, added to the matter because I looked over this post before and failed to add a reply. To remedy the relative silence, though, I'd be more than happy to - and I apologize.

Hello empty_k,

It may not make you feel any better right now, but there are many others on this forum in similar situations to your own - feeling trapped, unable to make friends, despairing of being alone long-term - so we share your pain.

empty_k said:
Try to make friends at yoga class.Failed.Tried to make friends at computer class. Nothing.I even volunteer and no frienship.

Attending yoga and computer classes seems like a great way to meet like-minded people; how do you conclude a particular attempt at friendship has failed? As Leatherbadge has pointed out, some relationships can take time to blossom. Is it possible some of your classmates also feel lonely and unable to connect to you? I sometimes find that although I may feel like the most introverted person in a room, it's not always the case. You have the confidence to go out to work, to classes, volunteering; some people are terrified of leaving their house.

empty_k said:
I'm afraid of dying alone and single.

I think almost everyone has entertained that thought at some point in their lives; I know I often do.

empty_k said:
when i feel depress i have no one to talk to.

Well now you have us! Welcome to the forum.

Steel said:
Hey empty k, it can take time for a thread to draw some posts.

I don't know enough about your situation to offer much comment. I will say that you seem to be doing many positive things with your life, such as ending an abusive relationship and taking part in classes and volunteer work.

What do you think the problem is? Do you have problems making connections with people?

I think it's making ''that'' connection. I never felt close to anyone

Welcome empty_k

It does sound like you are taking positive steps. I really don't have anything helpful to add that hasn't been said because i am pretty much distant from people. I am trying to figure out myself why nothing seems to work, or what may.

first time i ever felt "empty" was when my ex plus about 10 of my friends left me... ever since, the feeling hasnt gone away. i've also thought i would die old and alone...

so you are not alone for feeling those things

Hello Miss E,
Welcome to the forum. Whatever you do, don't accept cookies from Unacceptable. He is recruiting for the dark side......lol I still love him though :p Beware of the cookies!

I understand the feeling. I lead a really lonely life as well. I don't know if there is anything wrong with me, because I try to contact friends, either by phone, or e-mail messages, yet I never get replies. I haven't fought or been rude with them. I'm just ignored.

I do some activities to keep my mind busy, since otherwise I just fall into a deep sadness. I work hard, and am usually recognized at work. I'm pursuing my Master's Degree, go to the gym, and watch some funny movies. But as Leatherbadge said, it's something ephemeral, and just works for the current moment. But once I go to sleep, I just don't feel any fulfillment or happiness, just that another day has gone by.

Hello k,
I do know where you're at.
Depression, anxiety, ending abusive friendships, groups not working, nobody to talk to when you're down, ending bad relationship, apartment problems - been through it all, and still pretty stuck on most. Relatives have been of no help either.

Support groups have been some help, but limitations and caveats there too. Be careful not to latch up with difficult people when desperate. I've done that several times with difficult results. Neediness (from personal experience) begets trouble.

My best advice - stick with some groups where the makeup varies from week to week. Hiking groups and support groups have been useful to me, though I agree that friends are hard to come by. Everyone's busy or very cautious, it seems.

Take care. Be in touch if you like.
olg

empty_k said:
i've been diagnosed with depression and anxiety disorder 6 months ago.(( 2 years ago i moved to my apartment withmy sister and we don't get along.Tried to make it work but it didn't work. Now i feel stuck because i don't have any money to move).I decided to end many friendships because most of my friends were laughing at me and didn't care about my well being. I've ended an abusive relationship in 2007 and i'm still single today( i got help for that 2 yrs ago) Try to make friends at yoga class.Failed.Tried to make friends at computer class. Nothing.I even volunteer and no frienship. My coworkers are too superficial and negative.I'm afraid of dying alone and single.Nothing seems to work.Why ? when i feel depress i have no one to talk to. I barely smile

Just embrace your fears or your depression.
Once you embrace it..you're go through it faster.

I still have depression...I'll get depressed for no particular reasons. I'm more aware of it.
I'll simply just be gentle to myself in those moments. Maybe go for a simple walk or go sit
in our garden. Maybe play soft relaxing music. Soft new age piano music helps me.
Sometimes I'll just pick up my accoustic guitar and just strum it or pick some chords...no particular song.
If I feel like crying...i simply allow myself to do so. I don't fight it anymore.
I just let the anxiety go through me. Not anylized it or figure out my thoughts in those moments.
It passes eventaully...sometimes faster..other times slower....but it dose past.

Support groups helped me alot...It keeps me out of isolation.
But i can actaully go into a meeting and share what I need to share without being judge.
Yes...there's people in my support group that's not looking out from my best interest.
Guys wanting to fresia my Ex and talking behind my back and crap...bascailly have alternative motives.

But i do find the love and support I need from my support groups.

I do learn a lot of living tools or copping skills for my depressions.
Mostly of the people that's helping me..is urging me on to move on with my life...even if i kick
fight or scream. I have freinds that will actaully come to my house to get me moving.
I get phone calls from my support group freinds everyday...this helps too.
My sponsors calls me all the time to check up on me...to see how I'm doing.

I havn't been able to branched out of my support group people in my real life yet.
There's 1 person i tried with...but she's was some one i knew already.

I'm also more aware of my diet.
And the information i take in.
I excersize everyday. I ride my bike of 10 miles and just listen to my tunes or I'll go jogging.
Sometimes I'll just take a drive out to the country or mountains...nature helps my depression. That's why I go sit in the garden.
I tried to block all the negatives data or sources out of my life....such as not watching the news anymore.
I aviod negative people as much as I can.
I can't afford it today...I'm not totally well.
I have nagative thoughts of my own when i wake up and I struggle enough as it is to clear that out of my mind.

Simple things such as getting out into the sunlight helps too.

keep trying and don't give up

Latest posts

Back