Hi

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

123undo

Reaction score
Hi, my name is Kim. I'm your average nerdy anti social teenage boy. I registered a few days ago, but I have been too shy to post.

To be completley honest I really don't have any friends. It's not because I'm that social inept, it's just that I don't try. After school I just go home and do my homework and listen to music on the computer. I really don't mind it though, I actually enjoy it a lot. The only thing that bothers me is how people are responding to my self isolation. My mom even hired a therapist.

Why don't I try you ask? I see that there is three ways to socialize.

1. Be passive about everything and be "cool"

2. Try to entertain and come off as obnoxious and or crazy

3. Be yourself

I feel like everyone chose the first two. I'm a very polite, honest, and analytical but for reason these traits are "lame". Maybe it is unpopular with teenagers. I really don't care if it lame, it is just hard to find people to talk to. And it definatley beats being "cool".

There is another thing that has been bothering me. As cliche as this may sound there is a girl who I think has feeling for me. She high fives me everytime she sees me, she walks with me, and she engages in conversations with me about anime when I am sitting in my little corner. At first I really didn't care, but over time I developed feelings of my own. The only problem is that I'm not sure if I made the whole thing in my head. Sometimes I'm certain, and sometimes I'm not.

Although I'm anti-social, I am very how you say "romantic". All my life I have yearned for someone to finally come around, and I think this might be it. Don't get me wrong though, I know this relationship won't last (if start at all).

Thanks for reading, I just really needed to get that out.

-Kim

Welcome to the forum Kim :)

Welcome to the forum Kim. Invite the girl to yours and surf the internet or watch anime or listen to music together. Anything you have in common. Give yourselves more to talk about. If there is nothing there, she will move on and you will know the situation. If there is something there, you will find that out too. Maybe she's lonely too. Maybe she doesn't know what to be to make friends. Good luck, whatever you decide.

Latest posts

Back