Is this girl trying to drive me insane?? help

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Innerpeace

Reaction score
I made a previous thread about telling this girl I really like at work on facebook that I miss seeing her at work. Anyways I really really have started to like this girl a lot and I"m going crazy it sucks. my previous thread was about her suddenly starting to ignore me completely like walking past me at work and not making eye contact and looking the other way like I'm not there. before she was constantly coming around me and smiling at me and talking to me and she was the one that added me on facebook not me.

anyways since that thread she's been pretty much ignoring me however 2 days ago at work she started coming around me again like coming to me and saying "hey" and smiling. On that day at work everytime she would walk past she would give me a really big smile, like we would smile at the same time everytime we saw each other and I just get a feeling from that that she must like me.

on that day after this I would get her looking at me from across the room occasionally.

but then the next day she comes into work (I was off in half an hour when she was starting) and she walks past me looking down on the ground not wanting to look at me obviously and say hi and walks by like i'm not there again.

wtf is going on? she doesn't smile at other guys at work when she walks by them so it's not like she just smiles at everyone. Why would she smile at me everytime she sees me on one day then totally ignore me the next day like I don't even exist.

I felt really good that day because everytime we'd walk past each other we'd both smile at the same time and she just looked like she likes me it wasn't a little fake smile she'd give me a really big smile.

I don't know wtf to do this girl is 18 (i'm 23) and she is extremely beautiful so i'm sure she knows she's really good looking but she seems a bit shy but I don't get this.

sometimes I think she likes me and i'm sure she knows I like her with the message I sent her on facebook saying I miss seeing her at work and also me smiling at her also and looking at her at work.

I can't take this anymore I think about her all week and when she give me signals that she likes me at work I feel really good then the next day or whatever when she's avoiding me or ignoring me I get crushed.

I'm pretty sure she has told other girls at work she talks to that I like her because they look at me sometimes also and I can tell they know I like her.

after she was ingoring me and not coming around me last time I pretty much gave up and was trying to get over her but again 2 days ago I bumped into her 4 times that day at work and we'd both smile at the same time everytime and she just seemed like she likes me so I'm going crazy because I really like her.

this is pretty much destroying me right now as I can't concentrate on anything else but waiting to see her again every week (I see her once a week at work).

this may actually sound stupid but this whole thing is making me feel suicidal, maybe it's not just this but I've been thinking about suicide a lot lately like thinking wtf is the point of life if i'm not happy.

no one knows that i'm feeling sick and depressed because i'm "happy" around other people like at work and school. I keep it all inside me and I feel like i'm being tortured.

Ok, first off, try to calm down a bit... I have the impression that your thoughts are on the spin cycle..

As to her actions.. to me, she sounds shy. Have you considered that it's possible that she is wondering if you are actually interested in her? Telling someone you miss them is ambiguous... and it is something someone would say to a friend.

My advice? Ask her out. The worst case scenario is that she will decline, but that's not the end of the world, because you will know she sees you more as a friend. Most people will be told no at some point in their lives.. and there really is no shame in it. I've been told no before, and I'm sure most of the other members of this forum will have been.

I've never known anyone who thought there was something wrong with someone for asking another person out on a date.

Of course, if she says yes.. then I hope you have a great time.

First of all, FaceBook is Evil, it is the new BootyCall, if you are at all serious about this girl start having real relations with her and screw facebook! I am talking about real conversations even if it is just Hi's and coffee or how is your day going. I am telling you, the truth here. The Myspaces and facebooks of today take the dating out of the equations today and the girls dont like that, it is making it all about the booty calls. what happened to the romance and the dates and the man bein a man and callin for a date and then not expecting the girl to call him...big no no....lets go back to the basics....it works!!!!! flowers you take her number dont give her yours she dont need to call you ! Romance her!!! I am telling you it will work! Go back to basics. Treat her like a lady!

Innerpeace said:
I made a previous thread about telling this girl I really like at work on facebook that I miss seeing her at work. Anyways I really really have started to like this girl a lot and I"m going crazy it sucks. my previous thread was about her suddenly starting to ignore me completely like walking past me at work and not making eye contact and looking the other way like I'm not there. before she was constantly coming around me and smiling at me and talking to me and she was the one that added me on facebook not me.

anyways since that thread she's been pretty much ignoring me however 2 days ago at work she started coming around me again like coming to me and saying "hey" and smiling. On that day at work everytime she would walk past she would give me a really big smile, like we would smile at the same time everytime we saw each other and I just get a feeling from that that she must like me.

on that day after this I would get her looking at me from across the room occasionally.

but then the next day she comes into work (I was off in half an hour when she was starting) and she walks past me looking down on the ground not wanting to look at me obviously and say hi and walks by like i'm not there again.

wtf is going on? she doesn't smile at other guys at work when she walks by them so it's not like she just smiles at everyone. Why would she smile at me everytime she sees me on one day then totally ignore me the next day like I don't even exist.

I felt really good that day because everytime we'd walk past each other we'd both smile at the same time and she just looked like she likes me it wasn't a little fake smile she'd give me a really big smile.

I don't know wtf to do this girl is 18 (i'm 23) and she is extremely beautiful so i'm sure she knows she's really good looking but she seems a bit shy but I don't get this.

sometimes I think she likes me and i'm sure she knows I like her with the message I sent her on facebook saying I miss seeing her at work and also me smiling at her also and looking at her at work.

I can't take this anymore I think about her all week and when she give me signals that she likes me at work I feel really good then the next day or whatever when she's avoiding me or ignoring me I get crushed.

I'm pretty sure she has told other girls at work she talks to that I like her because they look at me sometimes also and I can tell they know I like her.

after she was ingoring me and not coming around me last time I pretty much gave up and was trying to get over her but again 2 days ago I bumped into her 4 times that day at work and we'd both smile at the same time everytime and she just seemed like she likes me so I'm going crazy because I really like her.

this is pretty much destroying me right now as I can't concentrate on anything else but waiting to see her again every week (I see her once a week at work).

yeah i'm not using facebook.

my question was I'm going nuts because I can't tell if she likes me and is she and getting pissed at me or if she just doesn't like me.

some days every time we see each other we smile at the same time and she give me a genuine big smile and she doesn't do this with anyone else.

then other days or weeks in a row she totally ignore me like i don't exist, walks past me and looks down or the other way or avoids me.

this sunday after she kept on looking at me and smiling at me when she saw me I felt like she has to like me then the next day she walks into work walks right past me like i'm not even there.

I'm thinking two things, she doesn't like me but why would she smile everytime she saw me like that.

or she likes me and is getting pissed because it's been close to a year now and I haven't asked her out.

in my other thread I did say I asked her to come have lunch with me at work and she said do I have to? and I said no don't have to if you want and she okay I don't want to. (asked her to come with me, drive to a place to eat at lunchtime).

but all the smiles and eye contact and looking at me makes me think she must like me.

maybe she is ignoring me because she is getting pissed at me. i'm not a girl so I'm not sure what girls think.

she must know I like ther though because I always smile at her also and she sees me looking at her and the facebook thing where I told her i miss seeing her.

Just ask her out to do something fun...that is not too serious not too not serious..... so there is no uncomfortable silences and still some memorable moments.....so even if doesnt work out you both will walk away with something positive from it

Innerpeace said:
yeah i'm not using facebook.

my question was I'm going nuts because I can't tell if she likes me and is she and getting pissed at me or if she just doesn't like me.

some days every time we see each other we smile at the same time and she give me a genuine big smile and she doesn't do this with anyone else.

then other days or weeks in a row she totally ignore me like i don't exist, walks past me and looks down or the other way or avoids me.

this sunday after she kept on looking at me and smiling at me when she saw me I felt like she has to like me then the next day she walks into work walks right past me like i'm not even there.

I'm thinking two things, she doesn't like me but why would she smile everytime she saw me like that.

or she likes me and is getting pissed because it's been close to a year now and I haven't asked her out.

in my other thread I did say I asked her to come have lunch with me at work and she said do I have to? and I said no don't have to if you want and she okay I don't want to. (asked her to come with me, drive to a place to eat at lunchtime).

but all the smiles and eye contact and looking at me makes me think she must like me.

maybe she is ignoring me because she is getting pissed at me. i'm not a girl so I'm not sure what girls think.

she must know I like ther though because I always smile at her also and she sees me looking at her and the facebook thing where I told her i miss seeing her.

I dont know where you live so I cant suggest anywhere but I would say like a wish list of places that you would like to see or do or her wish or places so that it is still a memorable moment....it helps to relieve the tension and you both take something away from the experience.

well at this point I'm not going to ask her out. I can't do that i"m shy also and it would crush me if she said no. i'd probably go jump off a bridge.

I want to know if she likes me first before asking her out.

I'm trying to figure out why one day she smiles at me everytimes she walks past me and I smile at her at the same time and its not just a little friendly smile but she give me a really big genuine smile like she really like me.

then the next day she pretends like I don't even exist and avoids me and doesn't look at me etc and she does this someitmes for weeks.

also she is cashier at my work and I work in another area of the store close to where she is I can see her etc but I don't get that many chances to actually talk to her during my shift. when she is helping customers I can't just go up to ther and talk to her.

I just smile and say hi to her when I get the chance as in when she walks past my area.

the other day I caught her looking at me from a distance and I walked away maybe she's getting pissed at me for just smiling at her and not doing anythign else.

but then maybe she just doesn't like me but I don't think her smiles are "friendly" smiles when she smiles at me she looks like she really likes me.

she doesn't say anything when we smile at each other.

also a couple times I walked past her till and said "hey blank" and I looked at her mouth and she opens her mouth and says nothing.

she used to come around me and talk to me all the time and then suddenly she stopped like she suddenly was not interested anymore.

and like I mentioned this girl is extremely pretty and I"m sure she knows this so I keep on thinking maybe she thinks i'm not good enough.

but then those signals like giving me a really big smile when she sees me (days she is not ignoring me) crushes me.

There's many posiblities why she stopped coming around all the time.
Maybe she's too bussied with her work.
Maybe she dosn't want you to think she's chasing after you.
Maybe she's just a friendly person in general.

I remember when I was 18...Anyone over 1- 2 years older than I was..were in a different time zone.lol
You gotta love that being in love feelings thou:p

I go into a fever when I see my ex-gf for reasons...I was extreemly attracked and attached to her.

THIS MIGHT HELP YOU FROM GOING NUTZ....(I been praticing do this. It's helping me.)
mmmm....innerpeace as your name.

Can you allow yourself to LET GO of the FEELINGS you have for her good and bad.
Allow yourself to LET GO of the feeling of fears you have if you think about asking her out.
Allow yourself to LET GO of the feelings of insecurities or not being good enough.
Allow yourself to LET GO the feelings of WANTING her.
Allow yourself to LET GO of thoughts and feelings of rejections. ?

You can practice doing this with an object....
Pick up a pen (object)...hold or squeeze it as tight as you can.
Experience all of your feelings, thoughts, your bodie's...etc, when holing on that object.

Then simply drop or let go of that object. (do this as many times as you like).
Notice the tension being released when you LET GO or drop the object.

Then I simply apply the same proceedure to my ex-gf when I think of her, people talk about or run into her.

I had to stop trying to figure it out...becuase I obsessed over her for years of
her beauty and worrying about her. I lost myself in that process.
I needed to get well.

I also had to stop trying to figure out Jenni's death...of Why or what if ?
No matter now many sernarios I played in my head over and over again...it wasn't it.
Jenni died and I couldn't accept it...so my mind went into problems sovling mode.
I had very, very strong emotional attachments to Jenni.
Jenni was a very beautiful person inside and out.
LETTING GO of her is probably one of the hardest thing I've had to do in my life.
It became an obsession or an unresolve problem....It drove me nutz.
I drove myself nutz or my mind drove me nutz....like a dog chasing it's own tail.
It became a visious cycle of suffering. I WANTED Jenni to be alive and breathing.
Life is not without pains...suffering is optional.

mmm...you heard people saying this when they fall in love ??

"I'm in over my head"
Or
"I'm head over heels"
Or
"I'm drowning into you"

I'm also applying this very simple technique to other inner struggles I have, such as;
Guilt, shame, loniness, anger, fears, lust, addictions, pains, greiving, un resolved problems...etc
It's a releasing process. I practice doing this 5 mins at a time..it's almost natural to me now.

Through this, I've been able to heal, slow down my obessions and love myself.
I also realize the answers are inside of me.
I feel sereen, sane and peaceful. I live in the moment without suffering.

In this process i also realized I'm whole and complete already. I don't need anything.
From this state of being (innerpeace). I'm not as dyfunctional as i used to be.
My thoughts are cleaer. I can focus better. I make better decisions. I take better actions.

well she's not always smiling at me. there are the days (I see her once a week which drives me even more insane) when she gives me a big smile everytime we see each other or pass each other at work and I just feel like she must really like me by her body language and smile.

then other days she will pretend like I don't even exist walk past me and not even look at me instead of smiling.

I'm going insane I don't know what to do. i still look forward to being tortured evey week. I will see her again in 3 days at work and I don't know if she'll ignore me or not.

the other day when she kept on smiling at me she also walked past me a few timse and said "hey" and that's it, like she wanted to talk to me.

when I go up to her at work when she is at the cashier she also seems shy like she'll look down when I look at her and won't smile or anything, then later on when she walks past me we both smile at the same time everytime we see each other.

but like I said I feel depressed because then the next week or whatever she'll just stay away from me and ignore me not smiling etc.

she hasn't also been coming to chat with me like she used to before. before she'd always come to me. maybe because it's been so long she doesn't want to look like she is the one chasing me considering she's a girl and 18 and I"m older and 23.

or maybe she doesn't like me but why would she smile at me like that every time she sees me (when she is not ignoring me). I see her with other people and she doesn't smile at other people like that so it's not like she is just a person that smiles at everyone whenever she sees them, it seems genuine and my gut says it's not just a friendly smile.

Here's the thing...

My ex-wife was very, very beautiful. She could of had her pick of any guys she wanted to be with.

The ironic twist is...she had major jealousy issues with me...
It was due to her obsession over me. At first I liked it becuase she would do anything and everything
for me..but after we got married it became a major, major problem.

I couldn't do anything without her worrying.
I couldn't even go to work without her worrying if I was going to talk to other women.
I couldn't even talk to any of my friends without her thinking I was going to talk about other women.
I couldn't even take a simple walk or go swimming without obsessing over me all the freaken time.
I couldn't even sit still in my own home without her trying to pick my fucken brain if I was thinking about other women.
As much as I love my ex-wf...I started hating her...I felt like she was choking the fucken life out of me.

My ex-gf was the sameway...Sherry is also very pretty. She bascailly did the samething.
Whatever it was that was going on in Sherry's mind, it wasn't it.
I couldn't even laugh or smile without her questioning my laughter or smile.

I remember just sitting with her at a beach on a hill top watching a very beauitful romantic sunset.
Sherry would never stay in the moment to just BE HAPPY in the moment with just me holding her
as we're just watching the sunset together. She had a million questions she wanted to ask me.

She would ask me...what was on my mind...
My answer was .."nothing".
I was holding her and watching a beautiful sunset and just BEING IN THE MOMENT.

Obsession over a person is not healthy..at the begining, middle or the end.

Latest posts

Back