people anger me to the point of killing

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

investor

Reaction score
I'm an extremely unrewarded college student who tries my best every day and just got offended by a teacher of mine. We had to watch a 1 hour movie and it was supposed to be from 5-7pm. At the very beginning he answered any questions you may have. The movie ended at 6:30 and he said that anyone who wanted to talk to him in his office personally could. When I entered the room to talk to him he started looking at me furiously with no respect whatsoever and asked me sincerly why am I in the room as if I had no right to be in there to ask a question. Meanwhile, though, the girl who is in the room is just chatting with him on what Italy is like which is totally unrelated to the class. She even asked me if I was waiting for the professor and told me it was okay to enter. I don't think I am in the wrong as it was only 6:30 pm just now, and the movie was supposed to last till 7 pm. I am extremely offended because it appears blatant to me that he would rather talk to a girl for his own amusement and act so rude to me in the process, but since he is a professor and in a position of authority I can't do anything.
What do think about this situation? How would have you reacted? Should I demand an apology, if so who should I take it to?

investor said:
I'm an extremely unrewarded college student who tries my best every day and just got offended by a teacher of mine. We had to watch a 1 hour movie and it was supposed to be from 5-7pm. At the very beginning he answered any questions you may have. The movie ended at 6:30 and he said that anyone who wanted to talk to him in his office personally could. When I entered the room to talk to him he started looking at me furiously with no respect whatsoever and asked me sincerly why am I in the room as if I had no right to be in there to ask a question. Meanwhile, though, the girl who is in the room is just chatting with him on what Italy is like which is totally unrelated to the class. She even asked me if I was waiting for the professor and told me it was okay to enter. I don't think I am in the wrong as it was only 6:30 pm just now, and the movie was supposed to last till 7 pm. I am extremely offended because it appears blatant to me that he would rather talk to a girl for his own amusement and act so rude to me in the process, but since he is a professor and in a position of authority I can't do anything.
What do think about this situation? How would have you reacted? Should I demand an apology, if so who should I take it to?

There seem to be a lack of communication.

well, if he would had phased he's true nature/motives of his inviations to;
"bitches and holes only are welcome to discuss extra credits between
5-7..there wouldn't be any miss understanding.

No...damaning an apology from the prick is like asking for a snowball
in hell.

Please try to let go of it or drop it.

I'm not saying that you approve of the son of *****. It's just that
it's bothering you internally and you're wasting your time and energy.
The anger is getting stair up inside of you and gerenating stress and termoil inside of you.
I'm not saying you should denial or stuff you feelings of anger.

Plus fighting him at this moment will leave you in a vunable position.

I mean it would a little different if you know a girl that's willing to
get the son of ***** on film and record.

He is teaching you something...To not do what he dose.

Yes...I get it sometimes in some of my life's situations at the moment
too. I know those sons of bitches can't look at me in the eyes.
They are cowards.

I'm not giving those sons of bitches the power over me.
I hold my head up high and look at those soms of bitches
right in the eyes everytime I see them...they coward and
look away...They can't handle the truth.

If it were me, I'd just grit my teeth, count to ten, and move on. There are far more important things to which you should devote your time and energy in college than dealing with such a bothersome incident. Try to get past it.

It is his job to teach and you needed more information. Whether he realizes it or not, that money you pay to attend college goes to put bread and butter on his table. He is there for you and not the other way around. I would be angry too.

As soon as I would see that type of reaction I would have told him that I was sorry for interrupting, and backed away. Mind you, I would be very angry as well, but I have had a bit of experience with people who do such things from out of nowhere to another person, and for myself its never worth it to act out on it. Maybe I am a little too laid back to be bothered with such types.

I don't think its worth reporting to someone about. He is your professor, and you witnessed how big of a ********* he can be. Things can get messy and awkward if you do so, and he finds out about it.

Complain to his superiors about his actions. Like Naleena said, you're paying them to teach you; he gets paid to teach. If he wants to be a prick then maybe he shouldn't be teaching. I'd be pissed if one of my teachers ever made me feel like that, because over 16 grand a year is way too much to not have them answer a few questions for me.

I used to go to college for art. The first time that I met Sharon she was one of the professors on the panel for my end of semester critique. She basically told me that my work was crap, that I was lazy, and that my drawing had no concept of negative space. Then she used her position of authority as a professor to shoot down any explanation I that I gave regarding my work. Me: "Well, you see I was. . ." Sharon: "(interrupting me before I completed the idea) No. That's wrong. You need to work harder."

To add insult to injury, I'd been up the entire night before running off thirty copies of an etching for another class's final project. So I wasn't feeling the sharpest to defend myself. And as I was taking the elevator out of the building she said to me "You're not mad at me, are you. I was just being honest." And I thought to myself "I'm thinking of a four letter word that rhymes with blunt."

She would have been rude even if my work had been as bad as she said that it was. THIS WAS THE FIRST TIME THAT I'D EVER MET THE LADY!

Some teachers just don't get it. They should realize that their students will be the ones who will inherit their trade. And so they should speak to their students with due respect.

(of course I realize the difference in your story and mine -Investigator)

I guess that I'm glad I didn't say anything. It could have made things awkward later. And I proved her wrong when everyone in the painting department was talking about how impressive my thesis show turned out to be.

Anyway Ms. Horvath: Your paintings of baseball and bedrooms were BLAND.

Latest posts

Back