Space The Final Frontier....Star Trek Movie

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ledchick

Reaction score
I am going to see the new Star Trek movie on Saturday, anyone else going to see the new movie?

WOW! I am really going to get out of the house and get to go out to eat as well!

I would like to see it if I could ever manage to find two back-to-back free hours. Not an easy task, lately.

I liked the trailers alot, however, it doesn't feel like Star Trek at all to me. I would boycott it simply becouse of that, but I'm not that disciplined! I think I'll wait until it's out on DVD though. :p

It was a very entertaining movie and one I am inclined to say that I "liked." Just don't over-analyze the plot .

Antihero said:
It was a very entertaining movie and one I am inclined to say that I "liked." Just don't over-analyze the plot .

I agree. It was a very fun movie. Definitely large enough to warrant a trip to the big screen, in my opinion.

Seen it, actually wasn't dissappointed. Actually liked it. It didn't feel like Star Trek, like Terminus said, but the franchise needed a bit of an update anyway. They did a really good job matching Dr. McCoy btw:p I think this movie will breed a whole new generation of trekkies, ones with cool hair and macho cars... :S who knew

It was interesting in a way and gave them a chance of retelling the stories since the modifications to the timeline etc, etc, etc...but I dunno..it did not feel like Star Trek all that much.

I think it was well filmed and the special effects were pretty decent. The actors were okay, but I don't quite see what all the fuss was over them and their characters.The story line was awful and the 'bad guys' had no depth to them at all. In fact their rationale was almost no-existant (like most Trek films tbh)...and I'm sure Spock was killed off in a TNG episode, so how could he have time travelled into the past...**** time travel storylines...eugh.

I could easily have written something similar to describe the first of the new Batman movies however, but they came up with a billiant sequal to that, so maybe the Start Trek one will have a great sequal as well, since I do see there's a lot of potential in what they're doing.

Good analysis of the film tal.

I sew this film on the day it came out. Well impressed and is one of the best films I have seen for a long time even though I do agree with you tal about the story line.

I liked the fight seen at the beginning when Kerk tells the 4 guys they better go get some moor men lol

Also if they would had said to go where no man has gone be for at the end instead of no one be for, Well that for me would had been the cherry on the cake. That for me would had made it proper like the old star trek.

But if your into star trek at all then this is well worth the watch.

lol, thanks Bluey, though on re-reading my post it does seem rather negative towards the movie. Just to clarify, despite its failings I did enjoy the movie (it's hard to go wrong with epic sci-fi or fantasy as far as I'm concerned). I do think returning to Kirk and the crew will perhaps revive the Star Trek genre which only a few years ago seemed on its last legs.

I think they should have changed it to 'none'...'no-one' sounds clumsy and 'no-man' is outdated. Although suggesting no one has gone to some remote part of space before, then meeting an alien race or two having lived there for millennia is kind of contradictory....still...it's Star Trek :p

I have to wait for DVD, not very comfortable at cinemas, but it looks really good. I am such a Trekkie nerd. LOL

I enjoyed the new star trek movie, the action was really good and all, the story i didn't care too much for but if you take it just as a fun action movie to go see then you will not be disappointed

Latest posts

Back