Suckiness.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
K

KungFuGuestMasta

Well, seeing as how the guy who created this forum said he was waitin for activity, I'll gladly moan about how crappy I think I feel, but just for his benefit.

Ultimately, I got skipped over in the big gigantic "I'm lonely" google search thread, so I wasn't quite content with moaning over there. Atleast here I can see how many people have noticed my whining, which makes it not nearly as bad. My story:

I've been rather lonely for quite a while. It started when I was young and got homeschooled for a few years. During this time I lost contact with most friends I had at the time, and it only got worse as I entered college. I entered college at the age of 13, and it only got worse. By this point I have 2 friends, and thanks to the hard effort of one of my friends, a girlfriend. Nearly 4 years later, I've been single for 3 years and 3 months, am down to casual visits from the old friends that I've long since lost (by casual, I mean once every few weeks), and have no visible prospects of new friends. Whenever anyone in college hears of my age, it turns into a "Oh, how novel!" situation, and after the semester is over, I never hear from these people again. This also makes things difficult finding a girlfriend, because all the women I meet are college age, and want nothing to do with someone two years younger than them, especially with relationships. Girls my age are nigh unmeetable, and usually don't like me because of the stigmata attached with being smart in this area (That sentence may not make sense; think of me as a nerd, and it will). In addition to this, I plan to go to med school, where I'll still be significantly younger than my peers, which will only aggravate my social problems. On top of this, I've come to realize that I'll never achieve my lifes goal. The only thing I have going for me, the only thing I live for, is my family. My younger brother is really one of the few things keeping me alive. School is very hard, and I'm usually studying all day whenever I'm not in school, which also hinders my free time to spend with any possible friends. The difficulty level of college is hard enough, combined with no prospects of friends or girlfriends in the near future, and knowing I can't accomplish my lifes goal, life just seems crappy. I'm pretty sure that if I didn't have my little brother, I'd just finish it off right now. Anyway, thats my bitchin.

that's lame, man. i had a friend in high school who had skipped some classes and she was a big novelty. your situation's quite a bit tougher, though. i'm feeling fantastically bleak myself, so throwing "you'll definitely be happy!"s at you, but for whatever it's worth, i hope something works out for you.

i'm so pathetic, in fact, that i left a thought unfinished -- to correct: "so throwing 'you'll definitely be happy!'s at you doesn't sound very realistic or wise, but for whatever it's worth..."

Well, its definately awesome in some respects, and quite horrible in others. The awesome part is I'm getting all this crap out of the way, but the crappy part is I do so in complete solitude. I believe most of the problem here being due to planning too much stuff out. I've already lived my entire life in my head planning wise, and the waiting and loneliness is killing me.

Heh, I thank you for the kind words. Don't worry about the realisticness/wiseosity of the advice, I'm more or less accustomed to suffering, but it felt nice to moan and groan. I don't know if anybody expects realistic/wise advice on the internet anyway. =P

Sorry if I missed you on the "big" forum. It took a bit of time for people to notice me too. Most everyone on there is really nice, but there are so many posts....

If you decide to post there again say hi to me I'll make sure to respond.

Fu, take some time off after college. Med school's long enough as it is and you'll have to spend the rest of your career paying for malpractice insurance, anyways. (Besides, you're obviously young enough that you can spare the time.) Go teach sailing or be a ski bum or something, just give yourself a little time to unwind. I think you'll find the temporary diversion can change your approach to life for the better. In the meantime, read Evelyn Waugh's book, Decline and Fall. That'll illustrate my point a little better.

It just sounds like such a waste to take time off. My parents are paying for what the loans don't take care of, so I really feel bound to atleast hurry up through college and not cost them any more than I have to.

Fu - Enjoy college and take some time off. Everyone needs a break and you are only young once. Don't put too much pressure on yourself. Your parents are paying the loans because they care about and I'm sure you'll do the same if you have kids.

KungFuGuestMasta it sounds like you are similar to many people who are pushed by their parents to excel at academics. Everyone takes great pride in the fact that you complete grades or levels of university way ahead of the norm. But what nobody is really seeing, is the fact that you do this at the expense of developing other skills that people who do school at the normal pace possess. Many university students manage to complete all their classes at the same time as participating in sports activities and having a job. At the end of your journey, if you don't learn how to live a more balanced life, you will not find happiness. Fame perhaps, but not happiness. It just means you'll be a doctor 5 years sooner than another person, but then you will need to spend 5 years learning to relax or socialize. By the age of 30, you will be in the same place as everyone else.

Latest posts

Back