Lonely Life Short Story Contest

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brian

Reaction score
Attention, Princes of Prose and Typo Terrorists alike! I am holding a writing competition, with great riches to be bestowed upon the winner!

DETAILS HERE!

"The rules are simple: Type a short story (No more than two pages in Wordpad, 12 point font) and send it to me in a PM by May 30th. The story must be related to the assigned topic prompt, discussed at the end of this post.

Entries will be judged firstly on creativity, then on spelling, then grammar. The winner earns fame and fortune, and a picture of a GENUINE IDAHO POTATO with your name carved in it! No honeysuckle. I'll do it, watch.

All stories will be posted in a public thread after the contest deadline of May 30th.

This first month's story prompt: A trip to Idaho. You (or your chosen protagonist) are coming to Idaho for some reason. Maybe you want to have my babies or you're seeking to team up for the zombie apocalypse. Perhaps you just want to see a yeti. Either way, you have embarked on a perilous adventure through mountain passes and wooded foresty...places. Could be winter, could be summer. Take your pick.

Now get writing! THAT POTATO ISNT GOING TO WIN ITSELF...OR SOMETHING MOTIVATING LIKE THAT. "

Granner and zpell'in.... chop phocken pheeww ieeee. :(

mmm..R there more freaken Zitkin heads in IdaBHo then skin freak'n potahoes ?

I'm on board. I WANT THAT POTATO!!!

Of course, if I don't win, and I still really want an authentic Idaho potato, I suppose I could just GO there and get one. Idaho is only a three hour drive from my house. That's if there's traffic.

Kalispell. It's just north of Flathead Lake (the largest fresh water lake west of the Mississippi, by the way), and less than an hour away from Glacier National Park.

fr2641.png

I'd love to take part but I'm more of a long story person lol.I tend to waffle on and two pages seems like a strict limit for me! (and incidentally I would have thought for lonesome too?)LOL.

I would like to take part but don't have the time. It sucks! Plus, Idaho is just a name on a map to me. I'm sure it's beautiful, but It's seperated from me by billions of gallons of Atlantic Ocean.

EDIT Just pulled up some sites about Idaho and it looks stunning. Can I just live the short story and actually go there, and send in my diary?

AimeeLou84 said:
I'd love to take part but I'm more of a long story person lol.I tend to waffle on and two pages seems like a strict limit for me! (and incidentally I would have thought for lonesome too?)LOL.

I'm the same way.

It can be good to write out of our element every once in a while. It helps strengthen our chops.

Try to think if it as a challenging new writing exercise. I for one am looking forward to seeing how compelling a story I can make out of two pages.

Good luck! :)

You know what,count me in.lol I'm always moaning when I have nothing to do and here's something I can :) I'll give it a go!

AimeeLou84 said:
You know what,count me in.lol I'm always moaning when I have nothing to do and here's something I can :) I'll give it a go!

Right on!

Latest posts

Back