Map of Singles

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
misery loves company the less friends you have the less family the less love leaves you pretty much with only drugs ,alcohol or food to give you temporary satisfaction or release.
alot of depressed woman become obese ,i myself know how easy that is.
i wish i could lose weight and find love ,it hurts to be lonely and alone and feel worthless

I go to the gym a few times a week. I quite like what it's done to tone my muscles but I can't seem to lose a pound (I'm at 202 I think) for the life of me. :p

Frizbit said:
Hey that map reminds me of high school prom!

lol, true!

I wanted to add to this thread: I am currently considering moving to the east coast. ;)

And Wendi, I know *plenty* of people over there who are not sedentary!

Wow, I've been looking on the wrong side of the country... wonder if that same effect applies in Canada!

I know most girls from back east end up leaving immediately after high school to find some rich guy to hook up with somewhere between central and west coast... all the girls I knew in high school did that anyway.

With Canada... if the maps looks much the same, it'd be due to employment... wealth generally is greatest in West (Alberta) and Central (Ontario) and lowest on the East Coast.

It's funny getting in contact with girls I used to know from high school on facebook... almost all of them have their location as Alberta or Ontario... very few are still back East... Going home can be depressing... the only girls there were either taken since high school, have a current boyfriend/husband and many male friends waiting for their chance, or are too young to leave home. I hang out with my friends and it's a sausage factory... none of them have girlfriends and there are no girls to be found. Beach parties are much the same... the only girls that show up are a few of the ones listed above, or sometimes friends bring back a girlfriend from other provinces when they're visit.

But that's just one province... maybe there's lots of singles in NS or NB that I never considered... I know the girl that came to our high school to promote Saint Mary's University in New Brunswick tried to get me interested by saying that 80% of the students are female... I wasn't swayed cause my mom went there and it's not a tech institute... maybe I should've went there instead of Calgary... hmmm. Interesting! Maybe I'll check out what they got for courses and try taking a few this spring-breakup :)

More women than men in my area. But they're not the women I want, so it's just quantity, not quality. Maybe it's what someone else wants but I have higher aspirations.

Ugh barf. Old me is terrible. 🤢🤮

Still, while I may not be as looks-obsessed as I was before, I still want someone that I'm interested in getting to know though - someone that makes me feel just the right way.

Necro'ed 😜
Page 404, not found.
The original poster was right; it's evil 😉
You know Ska, I'm not an expert, but reading old you and agonizing over someone don't exist anymore is kind of masochistic lol.

Ugh barf. Old me is terrible. 🤢🤮

Still, while I may not be as looks-obsessed as I was before, I still want someone that I'm interested in getting to know though - someone that makes me feel just the right way.
Old you is beautiful and misunderstood on his way to enlightenment, please treat him with grace and understanding ✨ 😇

I looked at that map.
I am native to the NY Metro Area (says has the most single women), and the only other place I have lived was the SF Bay Area (seems to be one of the top for single men). I can say that at least when I was there from 90 to 92, SF Bay area was much better if you were looking to meet girls. They were MUCH friendlier than NY. In NY I have almost never had a female initiate "small talk" with me, but it was not uncommon in the Bay Area. Cashiers, Bank Tellers, retail workers, etc... So just because "they are there in greater numbers" doesn't mean it will lead to anything. Of course the small talk in Ca led to nothing for me anyways...I never reciprocated. I probably should have, but I didn't...

You guys are aware that that data is from 2007, right? It's very unlikely to be accurate in 2023.

I did find this interactive map, though that you can put in what you want and it'll show you where to you have options. It also has other countries besides the US. (it only goes to 2018 though)

https://singlesatlas.com/en/usa/892c018020058f34e938a45cd4951000

Latest posts

Back