That sinking feeling in the pit of your stomach...

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nyktimos

Reaction score
That sinking feeling in the pit of your stomach that makes your limbs go weak and drains all your energy, and no matter what you try to distract yourself it doesn't work for long. Doing anything is hard because it's impossible to concentrate and doing nothing is harder because you need to be distracted. I used to get it when I was anxious about something, or found out something bad had happened. I'm pretty sure it's not normal to feel it constantly from the moment you wake to the moment you finally get to sleep.

I've had it uninterrupted for weeks! Does anyone else have this feeling all the time?

Pie has it and pie doesn't like it. Goes away at exammy times and stuff and video game times.

yeah...I get anxiety attacks sometimes....

yeah...espeacilly after bad news. All the time for a long time after bad news.
Somtimes it felt like i was a bad acid trip for weeks or months.

well...there's an old saying...there's oppurtunity in chaos or devistations.

For me personally...I thought would never get over Jenni's death , the break up with Sherry
and the death of my grandmother. This past year.
It's been a journey and my ass fell off on many, many ocssions.

I've alway had a very, very hard time dealing with death or the lost of the people I love.

I almost went crazy when Jake died..one of my un borned children.
I went into a trance state almost. Then when the twins died...It totally shifted something
inside of me.

This pass years and been a major, major roller coaster, greiving and crying.
To top it off..after I was will enough to returned back to work...I got laided off.
It's like what fucken now????

However....there's a common theme I have with people everytime I watch a self help video
or aurthers of so many selfhelp books out there.. My experience is not any different.
Almost...if not everyone of those people had gone through some seriouse honeysuckle...some even
have worst exeperince worst than mine. Every, every devistating stories and experinces.

Those messed up experince forced those people to change themselve and take a closure
look at what's the heck is this life all about..or seek answers becuase the fucken pains
are just too fucken unbareable.

So in a way I know I'm not totally messed up or I'm actaully going through sometype
of seriouse honeysuckle, awakening , awareness, growth or evelusion.

I also know...they cleared pathes for me.
They share thier experince, strength and hope with me...
What did they do..How they got well..How they were able to go on...
Not just go on but live a meaningful life and happy lives.
I'm still teachable today...I don't have all the answers.
And I'm willing to follow some directions

I also know...as messed as life can be...I know there's love in this world.
I know there's people out there that do care very, very much about life and humanity.

I also know..no matter what selfhelp books i read or support group meetings I attend...
There's a common message I'm getting.
They all bascailly say the samething in different ways...but it's like something that I kind of
already aware of or a knowingness inside of me.

It makes sense to me...I've just havn't learn how to apply it or mastered it in my life.
That's why I'm still live.

So for me everyday is like an opportunity for me to practice all thses things I've learned
and put it through the flight test...My own experince, experiment or creations.

Even Jenni...was going through the samething when I was with her.
Her favorite saying to me was....
"how do we get there?"...."WE"

I don't have those major anxities attackes anymore today.
So I know there's hope and answers.

it sounds like anxiety....

Maybe you should try to do visualizations to relax yourself?

I used to get that feeling. I still do sometimes, but not as often. I wouldn't say anxiety, because I've had that too and it feels like you're having a heart attack when you have that. That stomach feeling is worry and depression and your body telling you it's physically showing signs. Nervousness and concern for the future.
What really helped me was learning to breathe and focus clear my head. To focus on relaxing and being calm. Exercise has helped out alot. Even if you don't like exercising. Go out for a walk, just do something to motivate yourself and take your mind off of everything that's bugging you. You mentioned distractions, but this isn't really a distraction, it's more about training your brain how to destress and focus on things that are calming when you need it. Find something that appeals to you, that you can think about and tune out the bad when you need to. When I was working in Plasma donation, we used to tell the ppl who came in with high blood pressure to use a calming technique. Most of time it really works. (Cept for like the ones with physical BP issues that need a doc.)
Anyhoo, see if that helps. What do you have to lose, except that sinking feeling.

Thanks for your responses, everyone.

Lonesome Crow said:
However....there's a common theme I have with people everytime I watch a self help video
or aurthers of so many selfhelp books out there.. My experience is not any different.

I hadn't thought about self-help books. The idea always seemed a bit lame. Has anyone else had good experiences with them?

Latest posts

Back