People that ENJOY being alone

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
S

SophiaGrace

Do you know anyone that enjoys being alone?

Why would anyone enjoy it?

Why do people get lonely in the first place?

Do you think we (lonely people) judge ourselves based on a societial perception of what our social lives should be?

I enjoy some time alone.

I don't think I've ever spent oneday of my life without sometype of human inneractions, even when
I did lived totally alone being single and had my own place.

I think it's just a mental condition...becuase when I was in relationships one of my joyest momensts
was being alone. I used to drive out to the flying field 10 miles out of town and just fly my R/C models
alone. I found a lot of peace and quite (after I truned off the nitro.lol).
Just like I enjoy taking a walk out in nature alone sometimes.
I used to work the grave yard shift and punched numbers all night...(not a soul around).lol
I didn't feel lonely in those moments...So it has to be my mental perceptions why I feel bad for being alone.

For me...I get the feeling of being lonely becuase I feel there's something missing in my life.
A feeling of lack or a wanting...such like wanting to have a relationship when I'm single.
Or wanting the next sports car or the lastest and greatest gadget.

Bascailly usually when I'm not well...I'll get depressed and all the stupid thoughts gose through my
mind of how honeysuckle life is...this and that and this and that.
I'm realizing slowly at a time...it's just an addiction or attachments. As i get well I can see things clearer.

I get addicted to certain conditions in my life...becuase After I was single for a while..I also
had to learn how to let go of being alone or adjust to living with someone when i got into a relationship again.

Just like what's happening to me now..I've been in a realtionship for so long...I was addicted
to that life. It was painful at first to let go of that...Now I'm starting to enjoy being single again.

I'm not saying one is better than the other...it's just different.

I also think living alone can be very benificial for me...(it's my attitute)
When living alone...eventaully I'm going to have to deal with myself.
Face me...face my fears My own vices, my own demonds.
Know thy self..
Eventaully I'll learn to live with myself , take care of myself and love myself.
Eventauly I'll get up in the morning alone...but relized...it's my decision today.
I make a dicision to be happy or not....there's no outside influience. No one to blame.
I become responsible at the core of my being. CLEARITY.
Here I learn what "Happiness is an inside job" really ment.
Many great life's teacher will say this...All the answers are within yourself.
Here I learn how to be self supporting and stand on my own two feet.
Here i learn how to generate my own happiness and love from within myself.
Here I learn how to have my self worth or selfesteem.

Getting into a relationship helps too...becuase I have to practice alot of patience and tolerance.

Just like the movie..Gone with the wind...no matter what Scarlett did...right or wrong
Ulitamtely she had to come to a place of having to learn how to live wiht herself.
No matter how rich or successful she became..it didn't matter unless she was okay with herself.
At the end of the movie..Red said..." my dear I just don't give a ****"..lmao
Their relationship turned toxic becuase of all the pains and lost they didn't know how to cope with.
They were trying to get out side conditions or each other to fix themselves...it didn't work.
He had to walk away from her...beucase he loved her very very much...and to save himself too.
Scarlett lived a lonely desperate life...even though she was always surrounded many people...rich or poor.

So to me...life is like that...actaully my life was like that...
Sherry went bonkers after the twins died.
Sherry came and went out of my life and there wan't anything i could have done to prevent it...I tried for years.
All that did was prolonged the pain and suffering....because i didn't want to be alone. I couldn't let go.
Good times or bad times...nothing last for ever..."Gone with the wind."
I will always have me as long as i live....alone or with someone else.
I still love sherry very much. My love for her last forever...As I love myself the same.

Lmao...SG
We judge ourselves...becuase we were programmed to.
Seriously..when Paris Hilton has a show of who the fresia what't to be my best freind...you know the
media or society is freaekn wacked and have people so addicted to tellin themselves there something
wrong with them or they missing somethings out of their lives...
If you feel like you're missing or lacking something...you go out and buy stuff..lmao
Some people buy stuff to get freinds...hell that's the same as buying friends.

For me personally...for almost a year when I first got sober...I drove up into
the mountains to get away from humans/soceity everyday.
I felt releaved...I felt okay just for being me. No pressure, no right or wrongs.
I was just there in the moment with life. I'm glad i got to experince that.

I wouldn't say I enjoy being alone, but I am so used to it that when I am not (when I am in a social environment) I tend to stay to myself. I guess others see this as being antisocial. I think being alone long enough leaves a person with no choice but to adapt to it, or they would lose their mind. And once you have adapted, you become somewhat "anti-social". I can't imagine anyone enjoys being alone, but I think everyone needs solitude at certain times.

SophiaGrace said:
Do you think we (lonely people) judge ourselves based on a societial perception of what our social lives should be?

Absolutely! There is nothing wrong with being alone (unless it makes you unhappy), yet society celebrates relationships and marriage and successful work life.
I don't mind being alone these days, have gotten used to it and even enjoy it sometimes.
Relationships are too hard for me....*shiver* :)

I enjoy being alone for the most part. I don't like feeling lonely, but I do like being alone (for the most part). Why do I enjoy being alone? Mostly because I'm not a people person. I can tolerate people, but I feel like if I were around people for a little too long I might have to kill someone.

Used to it. Enjoying or not enjoying has little to do with anything, I just am used to it.

I really don't but I think some business men who are after money money and more money does enjoy being alone pretty much (not mentioning the 'paid' companionship) as they can't trust anyone.

I love being alone! I dream of having my own place with no annoying housemates and I can do what I want when I want and dont have to worry about cleaning up anybodies mess apart from my own. Still..I don't think I could go more than a few days without human contact and I'd miss my girlfriend too.

Lately I started to enjoy being alone, even if I realized this will distant me from my few friends I have... I think some people are simply made to be alone and those people are always smarter, you know why? Because we can concentrate without anyone disturbing us ^_^

Alone for a moment ya.I really need time alone esp after outings or school.If I skipped those time alone,I can get very hot tempered at times or feel very uncomfortable.

But still,I do not really want to be alone all the times because the feeling of loneliness will once again haunt me.

SophiaGrace said:
Do you know anyone that enjoys being alone?

Why would anyone enjoy it?

Why do people get lonely in the first place?

i enjoy being alone. Being alone does not equate loneliness, I have felt far more lonely with people around me. I like my own space, being able to please myself.

When I remember times of acute loneliness in the past, I was never alone. I had people chatting around me and to me and I felt as though I was in a jam jar, looking at them through thick glass. I love my peace and privacy. Of course there are times when it is nice to converse or share time with someone but that can be done.

wannabeXL said:
I enjoy being alone for the most part. I don't like feeling lonely, but I do like being alone (for the most part). Why do I enjoy being alone? Mostly because I'm not a people person. I can tolerate people, but I feel like if I were around people for a little too long I might have to kill someone.

I agree wholeheartedly. People are exhausting for me. Too much noise, too much drama and cackling all over the place. It's sort of comforting to know that I can retreat to a place where I know will be free of the extraneous noise and egos.

I don't mind being by myself, I don't want to be by myself all the time. The lonely part is not having anyone to care about or think of during the by myself time. I cant remember the last hug I got, its been a long time and it sucks. Alone time isnt so bad if eventually someone is coming home that cares alot about you.

Sometimes we need to be by ourselves in order to reflect and sort things out.

I don't meet people in real life. The ones I meet online generally end up wanting me to drop dead. I don't really have much choice except to learn the virtues of solitude.

We take what we're given and cope the best we can.

I've always enjoyed being alone. I can remember as a kid having sleepovers and often waiting anxiously the next day for the girl's mom to come pick the girl up so I could go back to doing my own thing. I never could manage more the one close friend at a time. I hated having to have roommates in college. I never missed my boyfriend when he went away, and when my husband left it was two months before I started to miss him.

It's not that I don't like people. I like people a lot, but I can't really think when people are around. So while I might enjoy conversing with friends, family, and coworkers, I definitely need time away from everyone at the end of the day.

I always rank introverted on personality tests though. I imagine extroverts feel the exact opposite. I once had a friend that said when she got down she'd go to the mall just because there were people there. That sounded like the craziest thing to me.

I love being alone... It allows me to explore thoughts, and be places that are perfect, if only in my mind...

I love being alone... It allows me to be with the most perfect people, and say things that don't come out silly or goofy... And I always say the right thing at the right time...

I love being alone... It allows me to travel to places I could never see except in my imagination... And travel at speeds faster than light, faster than time...

I love being alone... It allows me time with myself, to do maintenance on my thoughts... To perfect the lines on a page, in a book unwritten... And to listen to the silence that sounds like a sigh...

I love being alone... I can tolerate me... I know my foibles, and each faux pas utterance, and can keep it from being said, in a stolid silence that no one ever hears...

I love being alone... Deep in the darkness where dreams sometimes sneak out to seek the light of day, I search for answers to questions I have never asked...

You cannot do that when others are around... They will think you mad... Quite insane... Deep introspection looks like craziness to others... Loneliness is a solitary thing, even when others are near... Sometimes especially when others are near... So... I love to be alone...

I like to be alone. I don't like to be lonely. I can be very lonely in a crowded room, but not at all when I'm all by myself.

I hate being alone but I can feel lonely just about anywhere. Especially when I'm out with friends and we are out with a big gathering of people. They mostly talk amongst themselves as I stay quiet, to shy to say anything. I feel just as lonely than as when I'm by myself. I feel almost invisible to anyone there as if it feels like no one cares. I definitely think that how society perceives how our lives should be effects our lonliness. Its like society dictates that we are suppose to be with people all the time and if we aren't than it just isn't right. Some people enjoy being alone because lets face it there are a lot of jerks out there and a lot of heartache. Some people feel like its just better to be alone than deal with all that bullshit.

Latest posts

Back