Married and Lonely seeking friends

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tangy002

Reaction score
Hi All,
I am a 35 yr old female and I am married. I am very lonely and depress. I know some of you would say...if you are married then why are you lonely...it's because my husband is not married to me but he is married to his JOB! He spends more time there than with me. When he is home he does not talk to me, but he is on the computer trying to find ways to make more money. I am a house wife, I married a rich man, but I am very unhappy. He is a great provider but not a husband. We do not have a relationship....I have a void in my life that I need filled..I need social interaction....I love to have great conversation. I am open minded. I am here seeking friends male or female. If you can relate to me write back. thanks

tangy002 said:
Hi All,
I am a 35 yr old female and I am married. I am very lonely and depress. I know some of you would say...if you are married then why are you lonely...it's because my husband is not married to me but he is married to his JOB! He spends more time there than with me. When he is home he does not talk to me, but he is on the computer trying to find ways to make more money. I am a house wife, I married a rich man, but I am very unhappy. He is a great provider but not a husband. We do not have a relationship....I have a void in my life that I need filled..I need social interaction....I love to have great conversation. I am open minded. I am here seeking friends male or female. If you can relate to me write back. thanks

have you told your husband this?

Yes, I have told my husband this many and plenty times and he will make an effort for a short period of time to intereact with me, then eventuallly it always go back to the same thing . Me being ignored most of the time. I am tried of being alone I don't work, I don't have any real friends.

Welcome tangy002. I don't find it odd. I have a girlfriend with whom I have nothing much in common. We have nothing to talk about, because we're just thinking on different levels. People are lonely for lots of reasons. Having a partner does not always prevent it. I hope you find this forum helps.

Hi Tangy! I am married, 39 and female. I have had some good times here so far and met some very wonderful people....(you know who you are!) I hope it works for you!

Hey ledchick...thanks which forums are best to find friends?

ledchick said:
Hi Tangy! I am married, 39 and female. I have had some good times here so far and met some very wonderful people....(you know who you are!) I hope it works for you!

Yes, getting a job is a good way to meet people. If, you don't get lucky enough to make friends there, at least you stay busy and have something fulfilling to pass the time. Maybe take up a part-time job in a hobby. People who like flowers do floral or nursery work for instance.

I can relate, but I'm on the opposite end of the spectrum. I hope all goes well.

tangy002 said:
Hey ledchick...thanks which forums are best to find friends?

ledchick said:

It is like I told my daughter,who is a member, that the more you express yourself on here and interact, the easier you get to know the other members. I try to post when I think I have something to say, and sometimes have nothing to say....lol
I guess I like chat as well. I have found friends all over ALL.

Getting a job is not an option right now, due to the fact that I have two small children. Daycare cost are outrages where I live. Thanks for the suggestion.

I'm sorry ..you're going through that.
I know what it's like to be in a relationship but not have a relationship.
Very, very fustrating.

While getting hobbies and making friends can ease some of the pains...never the less
it''s not addressing the issues..

Have you spoken to your husband about how you feel ?...(you probably did)
Maybe write him a letter and leave it on his keyboard or PC screen....(you might have to make serevral coppies.lol)
Maybe seek marriage counseling ?

Maybe your husband you can start off slowly again to rebuild your relationship.
Maybe set time for at least 1 night per week for you both to go dating again or spend time together...
without the children...without the work.
Bascailly ask him to go out on a date....again and again and again...lmao
Men are slow sometimes...:p

I'm sure you've already considered this, but have you looked into couples counseling? Would he attend?

Thanks 'Lonesome Crow' thats some really sound advice.... don't know if it gonna work but I will give it a try again, again, again, and again....lol

Lonesome Crow said:
I'm sorry ..you're going through that.
I know what it's like to be in a relationship but not have a relationship.
Very, very fustrating.

While getting hobbies and making friends can ease some of the pains...never the less
it''s not addressing the issues..

Have you spoken to your husband about how you feel ?...(you probably did)
Maybe write him a letter and leave it on his keyboard or PC screen....(you might have to make serevral coppies.lol)
Maybe seek marriage counseling ?

Maybe your husband you can start off slowly again to rebuild your relationship.
Maybe set time for at least 1 night per week for you both to go dating again or spend time together...
without the children...without the work.
Bascailly ask him to go out on a date....again and again and again...lmao
Men are slow sometimes...:p

birdfly said:

hi birdfly, you might want to send your email in a pm or something. When you post it in a public place, such as this page bot's will pick it up and you'll get 2, 300 emails a day of companies trying to sell you junk.

if your unable to chk email daily, it gets full and new emails are denied, perhaps important ones.

Well, just thought i'd let you know incase you weren't aware

tangy002 said:
Hi All,

I have a controlling husband so i know how you feel...last night he has told me from now on i have to be in bed at 10.30pm, yet he allows my eldest daughter to stay up until after midnight....???

Starman said:
tangy002 said:
Hi All,

have you told your husband this?

I am so sorry that you are feeling this way, believe me I am in the same boat. I guess all's we can do is hang in there.

Are there any mother/toddler groups you could join? Or could you take a course at a local college which has a creche?

Um... the original post was 2009.

I don't think they are even here anymore.

Latest posts

Back