Who causes loneliness.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
F

fallina

We meet here coz we are lonely but am sitting thinking who is causing this loneliness. could it be a state that we create for ourselves to feel safe .
but then again if that be the case why should we, what safety is in being lonely, hurting with no one to tell or better put hurting and choosing to tell no one. why do we sit in a crowd and pull away from it yet everyone has weakness and the other person is just as scared as you are of saying the wrong thing or doing the wrong thing.
Would it be a better world if we went around thinking that the other person is just as lonely and scared as we are, hence we would reach out to everyone to take away their loneliness and in due cause eliminate our own.
Am thinking if would all learn all the good stuff about ourselves and love ourselves for them then we could be free of our loneliness for we would be eager to meet new people and share the goodness in us.
And when they hurt us as they most certainly will, we will rise again and get back to the field coz we are grateful that we are not them. We will mingle with others and be part of this wolrd coz to ourselves we are heros to have overcome all the hurt in this world and stil live in it. Just my thoughts.

"ANYONE CAN BE ANGRY THATS EASY BUT TO BE ANGRY AT THE RIGHT PERSON, TO THE RIGHT DEGREE, AT THE RIGHT TIME, FOR THE RIGHT PURPOSE AND IN THE RIGHT WAY - THAT IS NOT EASY." ARISTOTLE

You think too much like an idealist, not that that is anywhere close to being a bad thing. I respect that.

However, we could easily see that many people around us are not lonely, but in fact fairly sociable. Think about this. I'm sure many of us here who go to dining halls and restaurants for food eat alone while others tend to eat with their friends. For me, I'd find it difficult to convince myself that others are just as lonely when my observations argue otherwise.

I wish that people were guaranteed to like us if we were to share our more finer qualities, but, in no way is that guaranteed, sadly. Being good at math, for instance, does not necessarily land you companions.

However, what you said about being able to love yourself falls in line with a theoretical solution that I've been developing for some time now. Perhaps the best way to conquer loneliness would be to focus your life around yourself. In other words, become more selfish and self-centered. I know that such an idea sounds wicked in nature and contrary to the teachings of men like Christ and Buddha, but if doing exactly that brings you the joy you were aching for years, is it really 'wrong'?

I'm not sure. Anyway, I apologize for that rant, but I hope you were able to absorb an idea or two.

Latest posts

Back