IHOP and Loneliness

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
M

Malibu

Tonight I went out (of course by my lonesome self) and got my food order from IHOP to take home to eat, and the IHOP manager that knows me, rings up my order.  This manager, whom is happily married, sat down next to me, and asked why I was always alone all the time.  He asked why I was not married, and I told him I was married once, but I found out that this man I married, married me so he could get his green card and then he left me for the woman he was seeing behind my back once he got his green card (and that was years ago).  

Then the IHOP Manager said "I can't understand why you have no one you are so friendly, smart, attractive, etc." I almost started to cry as he was talking to me.  I did everything to hold back the tears.  I told him I wanted a life partner.  Be it marriage, or a committed relationship.  He just said I don't understand.  And I said either do I.  He then said "I know there is someone out there for you."  I told him it had been many, many years since I had a real date.  He was in total shocked.  The look on his face almost made me start to cry again.  He just shook his head.  It made me so mad that it shows up that I have no one, and am all alone in this world.  

Reporting in on another lonely Saturday Night!

Malibu

I truly understand! I hear the same exact things, it dosn't help imo, it makes it worse.

Hi Malibu,

Thank you for sharing this story. It's hardest on this world for the sensitive people, people who think, people who feel things deeply. It's like we are punished for caring so much and feeling so deeply. PS I was married once to a green card guy. He was also dishonest and a total creep. Can you PM me and tell me where your guy was from?

There is someone in the world for everyone, I believe that. The relationship may not last forever but it will be good for you not to be lonely. Right now what are you doing to prepare yourself mentally and emotionally for your future relationship? Polish yourself, girl. Go to therapy and work on yourself. Go to the gym or go for long walks and work on yourself. Take good care of yourself and work on yourself. You deserve it!!!!

The relationship may not last forever but it will be good for you not to be lonely.

Yah then it ends and you feel worse than before....if there is really is someone out there for everyone then shouldn't it be for lifeZ?

Btw..I'm not very convinced on the someone for everyone thing..just not my opinon.

You are not really alone in your lonesome outings to IHOP.

True your around other;s but I think she is refering to the fact she dosn't have a significant other..I'm around alot of people at my gym but feel lonely too, beacuse that little piece in your life is missing, that piece that you share with another. But I have gotten to the point I don't care anymore, the walls that my ex/gf broke down are finally going back up again..(it's about time) I'm sick of hurting....

I eat dinner alone almost every night, and it is the one event that really reminds me of how alone i am, and how things never used to be this way. dinner used to be an event. not anymore.

I think mr. IHOP manager meant well. people who aren't alone and haven't felt what it's like just don't understand.

Hi Malibu,

My guy was Arab, but I've read about some South American guys running the green card scam on women in the US.

Latest posts

Back