Hiding from rejection

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Haven

Reaction score
I remember being in high school this girl wanted to talk to me and I rejected her out of fear of her rejecting me it happened more then once I've been rejected so many times in my life to point were I fear rejection Ive been rejected by guys girls adults children my father my older brother a person I once called my best friend I don't hate my self I pity myself for being this awkward a lot of the time Ive rejected for not following the norms of my specific society I find so strange that I get rejected so often I'm Heterosexual 20 years old male 5'8 165 lbs I'm not derformed or hideous my clothing is average but my tastes morals are different from my communities norm I have a love for all genre of music hip hop rock metal jazz blues classic ect. where I'm from everyone acts the same being different causes you to become alienated honestly I don't hate myself I pity myself for become so scared of others that I were a social mask never revealing my true opinions and tastes feelings but today I even notice my avatar is and all have been masks funny right it makes me think maybe I'm hiding on the forum also which really is sad it will take some time to find an new avatar that fits my tastes I know every body fears rejection but my fear is a social phobia its crippling my life because of it I barely go outside I cant talk to strangers I have no friends/girl friend no job and I dont go to school I want all those things I feel like im fading away and I don't exist anymore I need some advice anything helpful will do

heya,

well first of all in my opinion you should not have to change yourself in order to be accepted (once you are a good person that is)...

secondly i think we all need people so dont try too hard to make youself survive without any form of social life.

it is natural to reject people because you fear rejection. i have done it a lot, and it is NOT good. you have to force yourself into stopping yourself when you are in the situation again.

its good that you are here though, i do not think you will be rejected at this site. i hope that you make a lot of friends here.

for now my advice is to try hard, and be brave and let yourself accept the people who accept you.
i guess you already know that that is what you should do, now its up to you to try. if people who seem to accept you turn around and hurt you in the end, this is okay. you will have strenght enough to be at peace with the knowledge that you tried.

i know you may think tht you dont have strenght now, but you do. people can overome the most extradinary circumstances.
try. good luck.

jales said:
heya,

well first of all in my opinion you should not have to change yourself in order to be accepted (once you are a good person that is)...

secondly i think we all need people so dont try too hard to make youself survive without any form of social life.

it is natural to reject people because you fear rejection. i have done it a lot, and it is NOT good. you have to force yourself into stopping yourself when you are in the situation again.

its good that you are here though, i do not think you will be rejected at this site. i hope that you make a lot of friends here.

for now my advice is to try hard, and be brave and let yourself accept the people who accept you.
i guess you already know that that is what you should do, now its up to you to try. if people who seem to accept you turn around and hurt you in the end, this is okay. you will have strenght enough to be at peace with the knowledge that you tried.

i know you may think tht you dont have strenght now, but you do. people can overome the most extradinary circumstances.
try. good luck.

I must admit meeting people online is a good start for me but meeting people in person or getting a chance to meet people in person is really hard its hard because I don't get the same chances I did in school when in school you get many chance to strike conversation because you see the same people everyday even when you work you get those chances I don't party and I'm to young for bars I can't see how I can meet anyone or even get practice dealing with rejection

Well for now you have to make the best of the environment which you are in. So if you're main mode of contact is the internet, use the internet.. I'm not saying to never go out and all that, but there are many people online.
And online people are real people as well, and they can make really good friends who sometimes become a part of your real life.

I like your signature by the way. :p

I'm in the same boat as you there slick. I too have had chances to prevent my lonliness, but I purposely sabotaged all of them.

But goddamn son, you need some periods in there. Chicks dig puncuation; remember that.

Latest posts

Back