Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What Book(s) are you Reading?
Right now I'm reading:

The Source by James A. Michener (historical fiction)
This is very interesting. It's about the roots and history of the Jewish faith and peoples. "Centennial" is another good one of Michener's.

Brave Companions by David McCullough (historical nonfiction)
So far so good. It is a collection of essays written about little-known historical figures. He has a very pleasing writing style that really draws you in.

The Saxon Shore by Jack Whyte (historical fiction/fantasy)
This is the fourth book in a series called The "Camulod Chronicles" here in the states; It's called "A Dream of Eagles" in the rest of the world (a better name if you ask me). This is an account of the roots of the Arthurian Legend, beginning with the withdrawl of the Roman Empire from Britain, a time period that I find facsinating. It's not what I thought it would be, but it's still pretty entertaining.
"A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on."
- Sir Winston Churchill

"Mr. Notlob, there's nothing wrong with you that an expensive operation can't prolong."
-Graham Chapman, Monty Python's Flying Circus

"Dreams are true while they last, and do we not live in dreams?"
- Alfred Lord Tennyson

"Every morning I jump out of bed and step on a landmine. The landmine is me. After the explosion, I spend the rest of the day putting the pieces together. Now it's your turn. Jump!"
- Ray Bradbury
Shadow of a Dark Queen by Raymond E. Feist, volume one of the Serpent War Saga. The story is set after the Riftwar Saga series and it's quite nice because it still mentions the goings on of characters in that series. He's a genius writer. Smile
"Valar Morghulis;
Valar Dohaeris."
demon in the freezer

by the same guy who wrote the hotzone
i also just finished strange angels about zombies and werewolfs and ll that educational stuff

and before that i finished the 5 house of night books currently out
I'm currently reading the Wheel of Time series by Robert Jordan.
[Image: deathwing_1024x0768.jpg]

You're the only one who can hold your head up high,
Shake your fists at the gates saying:
"I've come home now!
Fetch me the spirit, the son, and the father.
Tell them their pillar of faith has ascended.
It's time now!
My time now!
Give me my, give me my wings!"
Jesse Wrote:I'm currently reading the Wheel of Time series by Robert Jordan.

A good (long) choice.
"A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on."
- Sir Winston Churchill

"Mr. Notlob, there's nothing wrong with you that an expensive operation can't prolong."
-Graham Chapman, Monty Python's Flying Circus

"Dreams are true while they last, and do we not live in dreams?"
- Alfred Lord Tennyson

"Every morning I jump out of bed and step on a landmine. The landmine is me. After the explosion, I spend the rest of the day putting the pieces together. Now it's your turn. Jump!"
- Ray Bradbury
I'm currently reading "A Game of Thrones" (the first part of 'A Song Of Ice And Fire') by George R.R. Martin. It's extremely good! Why didn't I start reading this series before?! Smile
stephen kings "just after sunset" its a book of short stories by stephen king and......its alright, im just into the third short story and if this one isnt good i think im going to put it down and forget about it.......
I've been reading "H.P. Lovecraft's Letters, Volume 2".

It's estimated that Lovecraft wrote over 100,000 letters during his lifetime; many of which were to people like Clark Ashton Smith, Robert E. Howard, Robert Bloch and a bunch of other people published in "Weird Tales" magazine.
Right now just The Stuff of Thought by Steven Pinker. Its really interesting. The online meaning of the word spam came from Monty Python. I never knew that :O
"What if all the world's inside of your head..
Just creations of your own.. Your devils and your gods..
All the living and the dead..
And you really are alone..
You can live in this illusion..

You can choose to believe..
You keep looking but you can't find the words..
Are you hiding in the dreams?"

Let's try not to get more messed up than we already are.
I'm reading Ragwitch by Garth Nix. Haven't gotten really far, but this dude is a genius, so I have high hopes for the book.
Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die tomorrow.

"I'm so goth I fart dead bats."

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What is the last book you bought? Drama 48 5,965 07-24-2017, 02:34 AM
Last Post: Lonelybear
  Grab the book closest to you, turn to page 44 what does line 4 say? Incognita 124 12,988 02-25-2017, 09:41 PM
Last Post: Paraiyar
  Book Suggestions Nuke1967 5 936 10-19-2015, 01:08 PM
Last Post: Broken_Doll
  Favorite Quote from Favorite Book sk66rc 10 2,425 03-31-2015, 09:20 PM
Last Post: Juliet
  Nonfiction Book Discussion exasperated 18 2,402 03-04-2015, 07:58 AM
Last Post: lifestream
  Tired of Reading Books I Don't Enjoy SophiaGrace 7 1,381 01-02-2015, 11:28 AM
Last Post: Frodothelost
  What was the last book you read? annik 209 17,259 06-01-2014, 02:57 AM
Last Post: WildernessWildChild
  ALL Book Club: January 2013 flaneur 5 1,165 04-08-2014, 11:52 PM
Last Post: Badjedidude
  ALL Book Club: April '12 flaneur 21 3,292 12-24-2012, 08:13 AM
Last Post: annik
  I need some reading reccomendations... SophiaGrace 12 1,830 10-02-2012, 02:13 PM
Last Post: pt1171