What Book(s) are you Reading?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Wrong Boy by Willy Russell

A story about a troubled boys diary to Morrissey. Thought it sounded a bit rubbish at first and only bought it for the Morrissey connection but it's a really good read.

i just finished..... "The Last Time I Was Me" by Cathy Lamb and now I am starting an oldie but a goodie...... "the TommyKnockers" by Stephen King.

unlimited power- tony robbins (2nd time reading it)
set your voice free- roger love
coaching the artist within- dr. eric maisel

KNOWLEDGE IS POWER!!!

Right now I'm trying to read the Odyssey but I'm having a hard time getting into it. I know it's gonna pick up but right now uggggggh

blueindia2681 said:
cheaptrickfan said:
blueindia2681 said:
cheaptrickfan said:
Oh man, the Tommyknockers always freaks me out when I read it. :)

They were showing it on Chill last night.

They made it into a movie or miniseries? I totally missed that.

Miniseries. You should look for it. =) Although books are USUALLY better =)

Yeah I get chills when i read it... :p I am going to look for the mini series too!

"The Martian Chronicles" by Ray Bradbury, and "The Things They Carried," by Tim O'Brian. I'm in strung together short story mode right now.

Spare said:
"The Martian Chronicles" by Ray Bradbury, and "The Things They Carried," by Tim O'Brian. I'm in strung together short story mode right now.

As much as I love novels and poetry, I like short stories best of all. There is something just so perfectly elegant about a well-written short story, y'know? How it encapsulates everything you need to tell a tale, it's just awesome.

Also: The Martian Chronicles is one of my all-time favorites.

I've been reading a lot of Jon Ronson's stuff recently - very funny, and sometimes a bit alarming: 'Out of the Ordinary', 'Them: Adventures With Extremists' (where he gets unmasked as a Jew at an Islamic Jihadist training camp, and gets on the wrong side of Dr Ian Paisley in Africa - lol!) and 'The Men Who Stare at Goats' (recently filmed with George Clooney and Ewan McGregor in the starring roles). He has a very funny, self-deprecating way of writing, and I recommend his books wholeheartedly.

I'm now done with Fear Nothing and my brain feels like mush. I have almost an entire shelf filled with Dean Koontz...and supposedly the man writes 10 hours a day 6 days a week. Workaholic. o___- I think I'm halfway through his novels by now...and that's only counting the ones still in print!

I also recall feeling my brain turn to mush after reading The Tommyknockers by: Stephen King.

Has anyone else ever gotten Brain Fog after reading a book that didn't really stimulate you?

Anyways, now I'm onto reading The Road to Madness which is a collection of short stories authored by H.P. Lovecraft.

cheaptrickfan said:
There is something just so perfectly elegant about a well-written short story, y'know? How it encapsulates everything you need to tell a tale, it's just awesome.

I agree. They can say so much with so little.

Latest posts

Back