What Book(s) are you Reading?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Pessimist's Guide to History: an irresistible compendium of catastrophies, barbarities, massacres and mayham- from 14 billion years ago to 2007.

so depressing, fascinating and entertaining at the same time!

that sounds awesome suckag is there really such a book?

OMG it is! I so wantt to read that
:D

Started on a new short story by Lovecraft entitled: THe Mountains of Madness. It'll take me until at least tomorrow to finish if not two days since it's one of his longer short stories. Oh and I now like Lovecraft. :D

SophiaGrace said:
Started on a new short story by Lovecraft entitled: THe Mountains of Madness. It'll take me until at least tomorrow to finish if not two days since it's one of his longer short stories. Oh and I now like Lovecraft. :D

Oh! I read that one about 20 years ago. It was the story that cemented my love for Lovecraft.

Well I finished The Transition of H.P. Lovecraft, The Mountains of Madness collection of short stories. I gave it a 4 out of 5 stars. :)

I'll soon start on A History of Germany 1815-1945 by William Carr. I checked it out at the local library.

cheaptrickfan said:
SophiaGrace said:

Oh! I read that one about 20 years ago. It was the story that cemented my love for Lovecraft.

It picked up near the end for me, when I had to know how it ended :p. I couldn't stop turning the pages then.

I am finishing this book called The Goddess by Miranda Seymour, its bout the Trojan war. don't like this version though, glad I've only got 100 pages left.I need to get the reading books for IGCSE English/English Literature so I can read them over the summer and I was wondering which books people study in Year 10.

I am reading the "Other Side Of Me" by Sidney Sheldon and The Life Of PI and i forgot it's writer....

SophiaGrace said:
Right now I'm reading Showcase Presents: Green Lantern, Volume 2.

Nice. I never did read Green Lantern back in the day. I kind of wish I had.

Beneath the Neon
Author: Matthew O'Brien
About life in the tunnels underneath Las Vegas, Nevada

It is almost better than PROSAC!:)

Just read Sophia was reading Lovecraft.

I'm slowly working through an online collection of his works...I just read 'Dagon' and am starting on Call of Cthulu. Dagon was incredible. I wish I had the sort of macabre creativity this man had.

Finished outliers and I now understand why asains are so good at math and everything else :)

and Now I'm about halfway through tweak; growing up on methaphedamies

For all of you interested in Winston Churchill and appreciative of British Humour, I suggest the book :

"The Definitive Wit of Winston Churchill" by Richard M. Langworth

It's also the book I'm currently reading. Very funny, and a great way to extend your vocabulary.

Brian said:

I'm slowly working through an online collection of his works...I just read 'Dagon' and am starting on Call of Cthulu. Dagon was incredible. I wish I had the sort of macabre creativity this man had.

Another Lovecraft Fan! Yay! :D

Spare said:
SophiaGrace said:

Spare Green Lantern has the most amazing writer writing him right now. This guy is ******* in-cred-i-BLE! He's extended the whole mythos and made the green lantern story-line much more in-depth and interesting.

His name is Geoff Johns. :D And if you read a comic I reccomend you read his miniseries that he wrote for Green Lantern entitled Blackest Night. It's actually a DC event (meaning characters from all over DC are involved in it) but it's centered in the Green Lantern mythos.

******* amazing. I gave it 5 out of 5 stars. :D

You're going to have to wait til it comes out in softcover though if you are going to read it.

Electric_Fusilier said:
SophiaGrace said:

I am so admiring your literary tastes, SophiaGrace!

Ever read Kingdom Come?

That's a good one. There's a novelization of "Kingdom Come" by Eliot S. Maggin that I actually enjoyed more.

SophiaGrace said:
Brian said:

Another Lovecraft Fan! Yay! :D

Spare said:
SophiaGrace said:

Spare Green Lantern has the most amazing writer writing him right now. This guy is ******* in-cred-i-BLE! He's extended the whole mythos and made the green lantern story-line much more in-depth and interesting.

His name is Geoff Johns. :D And if you read a comic I reccomend you read his miniseries that he wrote for Green Lantern entitled Blackest Night. It's actually a DC event (meaning characters from all over DC are involved in it) but it's centered in the Green Lantern mythos.

******* amazing. I gave it 5 out of 5 stars. :D

You're going to have to wait til it comes out in softcover though if you are going to read it.

Thanks! :)

Just started reading "Contact" by Carl Sagan again. I read most of it a couple of years ago, but got sidetracked, so I'm starting it over. It's a great read.

Spare said:
Just started reading "Contact" by Carl Sagan again. I read most of it a couple of years ago, but got sidetracked, so I'm starting it over. It's a great read.

What is it about? :)

Hey Electric, I checked out Kingdom Come at the local comic book store. The clerk told me it was really good. Unfortunately I'm too obsessed with buying the back- softcovers of Green Lantern to drop any money on a justice league story-line. Maybe sometime though! :)

And Now i'm actually reading A History of Germany 1815-1945 by: William Carr as I said I would.

I finished the 2nd Volume of Showcase presents. But thought I could use a break from Green Lantern because I had read 5 books of that without anything inbetween. I still have to finish up volumes 3 &4 to complete the silver age of Green Lantern.

Latest posts

Back